Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
You should wait as the average always tanks shortly after, if you pay now you'll need to pay another $11 to beat the average even if the new BTA is at $4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Ragequit posted:

Does it have great music or are you using your own MP3s? I need to try a rhythm game with the new Lindsey Stirling album.

Well can you listen for your self to make that judgment, I think it's pretty good with a few duds, has a Super Meat Boy and Rogue Legacy vibe to it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0u6FFlrmUA

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Hogo Fogo posted:

Humble Jumbo Bundle 2

$1+
Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing Complete
Deadlight
Galactic Civilizations 2

BTA:
Terraria
KING OF FIGHTERS XIII
Crusader Kings 2 just the base game + three unit dlcs.
¨
$15+
Age of Empires Legacy Bundle

Ugh, gently caress me I have everything already except for KING OF FIGHTERS XIII, anyone down for splitting this bundle? I only want KFXIII.
Can ignore this now, I'm weak.

Im_Special fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Aug 19, 2014

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

DannyTanner posted:

Is NEStalgia the game with the baby dev that bans you on the forums if you're critical at all?

Yes and on the bright side is now if you don't want to support this particular developer, you can choose not to give them any money by sliding the slider for NEStalgia to zero.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Resident Evil 5, Dead Rising 2 and Off The Record coming to Steamworks, thank you Capcom. Now we just need a PC version of Dragon's Dogma.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

tithin posted:

That gimmick's getting real loving irritating.

No it's not! :colbert: And isn't manga read right to left, unlike comics?

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
After finally finishing my 'Discovery Queue' I must say that I had no idea how much utter poo poo is on Steam, makes the Wii look like a triple A machine. After the 1000 games mark it becomes all 'Simulation' and 'Zombie' something type games with mixed reviews or worse. Don't bother unless your watching a stream or something.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
It's a feature of Enhanced Steam (people still don't use this?), not Steam.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

v6.8 is latest https://github.com/jshackles/Enhanced_Steam_Firefox

I lied v6.9 is latest on Firefox at least.

Im_Special fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Oct 8, 2014

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

ArfJason posted:

i have no idea how to compile this into xpi and most tutorials i find seem to be consoles for stuff like linux i think? not too savvy with open source

http://firefox.enhancedsteam.com/ is where to get it, I would join the Steam group too because this is where he posts his updates at and gets his feedback from, that Github page seems rather dead. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/enhancedsteam#announcements

ArfJason posted:

that's not v 6.8! Or 9!!

edit: NEVERMIND IT IS!!
I just did a dumbo and checked the firefox addon site instead of going to ES's site and stupidly assumed that my "up to date" 5.7 was the last stable release

Enhanced Steam on Firefox's addon site doesn't get updated anymore because ES doesn't comply with Mozilla's regulations or something, good or bad.

Im_Special fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Oct 8, 2014

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
More.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
That actually stands for New Online Gaming For Windows Live, jokes on us.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Oh looks it's super official now.

http://bandainamcous.tumblr.com/post/100546461401/we-are-very-excited-to-announce-that-next-month-it

quote:

Attention Dark Souls fans!

We're pleased to announce that next month it will be possible for players to migrate their Dark Souls: Prepare to Die games, saves and achievements from the Games for Windows Live platform to Steam.

-Games for Windows Live users will be able to redeem their Games for Windows Live Tokens on Steam to get Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition at no additional cost. (To find your Games for Windows Live Token, please head to the support webpage: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing/prepaid-codes/locate-games-for-windows-live-tokens)

-In the month of November, there will be a period by which Games for Windows Live Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition users will be able to transfer their Save Data (characters + progress) and Achievements over to their Steam accounts.

-Players will still be able to use their Games for Windows Live Tokens to redeem the Steam version of Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition at no additional cost even after the migration period ends; but game Save Data and Achievements transfer functions may not be available.

-Games for Windows Live Rankings will not be transferred to Steam.
The specific migration start and end dates will be available soon; however the migration period will begin sometime in November 2014 with more specific dates to come.

We will be sharing more information soon regarding the migration process soon, so stay tuned!

Cheers,

The Bandai Namco Games Community Team

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
There's about a 100% chance that the 'Team' agreed on still giving him a cut anyway, if he steps down and they can get the game back on Steam.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Is Groupees site down for anyone else?

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Dudebro posted:

They need an exclusion checklist, like exclude DLCs.

And a way to filter out all the stuff you already own, navigating right now is such a clusterfuck.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Don't have experience with Blood, but when it comes to GOG games moving over to Steam they've been so far exact 1 for 1 copies, like every file having the same md5 same. If Blood on GOG is using DOSBox then Steam's Blood surly will be too. That one bad review is probably just a GOG user mad at losing an exclusivity to Steam.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Is there any real reason to pick up STE if I already beat the regular game? Like, significant new content or anything like that?

I'm going to say no, the new areas that were added in STE only add up to be about 2 hours of extra gameplay, and the rest is just fluffy stuff, like life bars above enemies heads and the ability to buy in-game costumes.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

lordfrikk posted:

It looks like they took the open source version, slapped a new coat of paint on the UI and sell it under a new name. The sounds, the graphics and partly the UI is all directly lifted from HOMM 3.

The game is obviously trying to be a HoMM clone but I'm not seeing the straight rip of game assets, booted up some HoMM3 just to take some screenshots.

vs.

Looking at the Royal Bounty HD video, it looks better IMO then the original, has a more streamlined interface, and seems to run smooth and fast on modern systems, also you probably won't have to gently caress around with some Russian mod to get it playing in a non 800x600 resolution and not look terrible. What I'm ultimately saying is that we need more HoMM clones in this world.

Im_Special fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Nov 9, 2014

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
https://www.humblebundle.com/?gift=tpUavC8eKnAMxEdM

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

After seeing this 8 Concerning Things I Experienced in Assassin's Creed Unity, I don't think I want JC3.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
I agree that Nvidia should fire their current UI guy and then get a good UI guy, my window is very unsatisfactory too, so much white space and whats with all the scrolling.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Thanks Steam! for recommending me games already in my Library and loving Petz games of all things. The new store page is just horrid all around.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

SinineSiil posted:

"titles that you may be interested in"
gently caress off Valve. I marked all those games "Not interested" long ago.
So dumb that they half-rear end features all the time.

Steam don't care.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Quest For Glory II posted:

Hahaha Twitch just got a knife to the kidneys.

Just like Foobar2000 (or whatever your music playing software of choice is).

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
"I've never met him in my life – I've never had anything to do with him. I never had any involvement in the Vivendi project that they were doing, Brütal Legend, other than I was in one meeting where the guys looked at it and said, 'He's late, he's missed every milestone, he's overspent the budget and it doesn't seem like a good game. We're going to cancel it.'

"And do you know what? That seemed like a sensible thing to do. And it turns out, he was late, he missed every milestone, the game was not a particularly good game..."

- Bobby Kotick

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

HenryEx posted:

How's an item's "gem" orth even calculated?

I dunno but I bought up a TON of lovely 3 cent backgrounds that are worth 100gems, I'm at 50k gems now.

Im_Special fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Dec 12, 2014

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Welp, glad I jumped in on this early, you can't even find 3 cent 100gem backgrounds anymore. I'm guessing this pattern will continue.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
All showing 0.04 cents, maybe because I'm in CND.

vv AHK can do it pretty easily.

Im_Special fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Dec 12, 2014

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
So it's literally free then for someone who is clearing out all their lovely backgrounds/emotes?

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
So with the power of lag you can dupe your gems!

From 72k to 144k

And again

Requires a browser, clicking on an item to bring up the confirmation message, then quickly press on another item which brings up another confirmation message and click on on that too. It's pretty random.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
The guy that wins every bid.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Jizz Festival posted:

Why are people bidding over 100k gems on the holiday profile? It's stupid, useless, and it expires January 16th :psyduck:

Some people have more money then you can comprehend.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Turtlicious posted:

Yes, it's how I idle, made by a goon, and really the best thing since butter.

It's not made by a goon fyi.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

exquisite tea posted:

Do the hi-res battle versions animate & emote properly, or are they just stand-ins for the bad lego models?

I haven't played it but this is the mod I take it, no idea about emotes.

vs

I'm going to assume they will look out of place standing next to non battle characters like Biggs, Wedge, and jarring when videos play like this one.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Gimmick Account posted:

Wait, WHAT?? It's just the base game? In 2014??

What... is the business plan behind that decision? That doesn't make any sense at all.
Lost source code or some such.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Malek posted:

^^^^^: Where was that stated?

Their press release. Google "Heroes of Might & Magic III – HD Edition source code" or whatever.

Ubisoft asked New World Computing for source code for all the Might & Magic titles but was only giving usable source code for RoE, none of the expansions.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Bruteman posted:

all because the bundle storefronts promised eventual Steam keys.

They actually didn't. People are just entitled as gently caress and want it free or can't read. http://i.imgur.com/FQXVqLb.png vs http://i.imgur.com/Yq73rvm.png it was also a free bundle that was for charity so the dev's didn't get any money from it.

But yeah I've been playing this game on/off for awhile now and it's strangely addictive, it must be a skinner box thing. I really recommend it, and I hate ASCII, I can never get into games like Dwarf Fortress because of it, but it works really well in this game, graphics don't even faze me in this, and it's not at all as complicated as it may seem from the screen shots, oh and the music rocks. :rock:

Here is a Let's Play of it by Quill18, his video can do a better job at giving a rundown of it then I can with words. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baOlJiXE97w And this video is of a really old build so expect a much more fleshed out game if you played it today.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
The d-pad on the Xbox One controller is still garbage when it comes to diagonals, how the gently caress can they gently caress it up so many times, especially since the d-pad was the major and probably only complaint from the 360 controllers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Heran Bago posted:

The devs also made a strategy guide for it, the PDF of which is free.
You forgot to mention it's a seven hundred forty-seven page strategy guide. :spergin: Kinda nuts for a RPGmaker game.
http://whitegiantrpg.com/download/

• Locked thread