Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hahah man Fallout 3 GOTY is buggy as gently caress ain't it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there an Infinity thread and is infinity like that good ole' Ace Combat. 4, Belkan, Unsung, were extremely my poo poo and shooting falling space stations will never not be amazing.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zombie Samurai posted:

Right here. I understand it's a mix of new scenarios and classics from the previous games.

F2P? Whoa, but the campaign is free to play sooo.
Oh man there's a loving tunnel run mission and a shoot down the huge fuckin' flying monstrosities, yes!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lance Streetman posted:

Ubisoft is now attempting to win the "stupidest advertising campaign" contest by sending somebody to Mt. Everest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsOg6HgDHiQ

:lol: Hiring Sherpas to tote a full sack of Mountain Dew.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mokinokaro posted:

The fun thing is the Dew could KILL you on the mountain. Pop is horribly for hydration.

Gonna drag my tower to the top. Liquid cooled? Try Everest cooled, pleb.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Where's my procedurally generated dicks at, Forest dev?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Can't be real.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The biggest and most unforgiving issue AH has is that it misses out on what makes the other AC great, big loving things like this. If you've never played an AC watch that whole video to get an idea of the glory.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Antti posted:

Does it lack a ludicrous tunnel sequence that most AC games have as well?

No and it's shameful.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kibayasu posted:

It does have a form of it where you have to dodge radar sites while flying really low in a bomber but then again other AC games did that gimmick too so oh well.

ACAH is definitely missing a lot of the classic Ace Combat things but I still think it retains enough to be worth playing.

If it doesn't top "fly below the radar in this narrow canyon OH poo poo THE SKY IS BLOWING UP" then it doesn't count.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Whoa they had to call me to verify my order that was cool.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tomb Raider owned hard as gently caress and the last boss was cool.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bastion was an iPhone game.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anime, anime never changes.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I dunno about the story but the character banter in D3 owns hard and I'm loving my team of holy crusaders bro'ing it up and slaughtering baddies.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mortimer posted:

Don't talk poo poo about Early Access. You'll get the kerbal defenders out in full force :rolleyes:

No yeah KSP is the worst. Nailed it.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Actually realtalk the Room was kinda cool and the last boss was really memorable but also the rest of the Hills have been a mess. The only point I thought was actually really neat in Downpour was how the main character appeared as a 'pyramid head' style monster to a side character and a lot of that was a side plot. That got glossed over but I thought it was a really cool detail.

E The Room had a lot of nods to Japanese ghost movies that were cool. The ghost fights were genuinely creepy and the antagonist was unnerving.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Diablo 3 is my first and I'm really enjoying it. Though I did get it recently with RoS.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Evil Mastermind posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xT2rG_sLUc

It's nice to see games made from those "learn to program video games" books can make it big on Steam.

Female rock band.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Crypt of the Necrodancer looks AAA+ incredible.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Crypt of the Necrodancer is crazy good do we have a thread?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SynthOrange posted:

Nope. gently caress those shield skeletons tho, stop messing up my rhythm.

Still not as bad as King Conga and his irregular beat though. :v:

Made it to a red dragon with only a dagger. My rhythm!

E:
:stare:

e:2 Hahah oh man this game even has dance pad support.

frank.club fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Aug 5, 2014

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pity, the Crysis 1 and warhead multiplayer stuff was pretty cool.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I think Dynamix's IPs are in someone else's hands, cause we've already seem some of their games (namely Red Baron series and The Increadible Machine) on GoG, but not others. Then again, those were from before when Sierra acquired them, so who knows.

Either way, I would LOVE to see the Earth/Starsiege series finally see the light of day on GoG.

Oh, Sierra also published the Impression Games series, aka Caesar 1-3/Pharaoh/Zeus/Emperor.

Zeus was my poo poo and I'd play it if I had it.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Orv posted:

It's on GOG. :v:

Oh shiiiit I'm about to have a chill Friday afternoon.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's fairly bare-bones, and very much in Alpha, but if you just want something to dick around in around asteroids smashing your own self-built spaceships together, give Space Engineers a look. The developers patch it every week to add new content and squash bugs (though they release immediate hotfixes for anything critical), so it's constantly getting better.

This guy has built some of the craziest poo poo in SE, it's really fun and we have a goon server.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RBA Starblade posted:

With SE is it the kind of game where if you don't like making every single thing yourself you're not going to have a lot of fun? The damage modeling and physics and all that look really cool, but I find crafting and construction in games super tedious except where it's trying to make specific things for an objective instead of a giant sandbox. Can you just import other players' stuff or is there a lot of prebuilt stuff or something, or would this be something I hate?

There is a survival mode where you have to mine and have time to construct stuff. For you there is a creative mode that instantly builds whatever with infinite energy/bullets/what you need. The game is very workshop compatible so you can download hundreds of user made creations (and most recently mods) from steam workshop. I believe Seagoon makes some of his creations public. The game does have a lot of prebuilt stuff, too. Usually it's a map that tells you exactly what's in it.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RBA Starblade posted:

Cool, that's what I was hoping to hear. And I just looked at the workshop and people are making Homeworld stuff so I guess my decision just got made for me.

If you can convince a friend to get it I've had a lot of fun just starting a creative server and telling my friends to go to a different platform and make a ship in ten minutes or less. Meet up at the pre-designated spot and blast the hell out of each other.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does anyone else think Unturned is actually fun like I do?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

corn in the bible posted:

That's because the same developer made the crappy Alone in the Dark reboot as Obscure 1 and 2.

Also, so far it has been poo poo in a very baffling and amusing way, but I guess there's still time for it to piss me off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWYWZOHBVFY

I'm not sure what's going on in that video

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Turtlicious posted:

I love it, and it's a really good game.

I'm pretty much murder wagon'ing my way around the map. It really supports the 'keep moving to survive' style that games don't like. This dude is doing good solo work.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My Important Poop is toilet exclusive

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Don't loving preorder games

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quest For Glory II posted:

Finished Dead Space. It was pretty enjoyable, felt really similar in story to System Shock 2, though, minus the psychopath master computer

Also a couple of chapters felt unnecessarily long and had me running back and forth and everywhere and it got a little tiring

I'm assuming Dead Space 2 cuts a lot of that bullshit out and focuses mostly on the set pieces, since people say the franchise goes more-and-more action with each iteration

There's a reason why DS feels a lot like SS2 story wise.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That Risen game actually looks like it owns.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There was also a dev sponsored challenge for Dishonered on who could perform the most insane kill. The winner was some guy who used the force ability with the grenade to make an across map mortar shell.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah wtf murder mode in Dishonered was great.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Samurai Sanders posted:

The problem is that the game presents it as being wrong, and whether I like it or not, that bothers me.

How.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chin up dude I had no idea MGSV was coming to PC until just now and I'm so fuckin pumped

Waiting is no big deal I didn't even play 4 until a year ago when I bought a fatty ps3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

S.D. posted:

I missed all the Dishonored talk, but does anyone have a link to a youtube video from it where a person tossed their unconscious target off a roof, used Time Stop and teleport to beat them to the ground, caught them before they would impact, then finished the mission because he landed right beside the exit point?

I need this too

• Locked thread