Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should this generation be called?
Millennials
Generation Y
Generation 9/11
I'm Gay
Die Hitlerjugend
View Results

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I'm generation kill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Generation I'm Gay is pretty descriptive although technically I think they should be called the Pansexual Genderfluid Generation

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
gneration Y Should I Have To Get A Job haha i write for newsweek

naem
May 29, 2011

Newsweek is dead isn't it

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
I thought it got bought by someone & turned into an internet only thing

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

naem posted:

Newsweek is dead isn't it

It was, but then it resurrected, rather like the Jesus the new owners are so fond of.

http://www.newsweek.com/

http://www.motherjones.com/media/2014/03/newsweek-ibt-olivet-david-jang

Mud Shark
May 12, 2012

QuarkJets posted:

Generation hosed by the Baby Boomers

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Inferior sequel to Gen X Cops.:colbert:

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Shinjobi posted:

Inferior sequel to Gen X Cops.:colbert:

gently caress you, it had Paul Rudd and Maggie Q.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Hey everybody from generation X, how does it feel to be a flannel colored bump in history over shadowed by both the boomers and the 85 to 00's kids.

I can understand you not answering because you built this fake exterior of slackness, but come one, use your over funded, over educated rear end to answer the only important question you will ever be asked other than "have you heard of Nirvana?"

Mud Shark
May 12, 2012

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Hey everybody from generation X, how does it feel to be a flannel colored bump in history over shadowed by both the boomers and the 85 to 00's kids.

I can understand you not answering because you built this fake exterior of slackness, but come one, use your over funded, over educated rear end to answer the only important question you will ever be asked other than "have you heard of Nirvana?"

this and also nirvana fans are the most insufferable cunts on the planet

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Most of us are too busy ferrying Quinoa from ballet to soccer practice before we have to pick up Jasper from masculine modern dance. If everyone behaves we might get a soy fro-yo on the way home.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Your hipster tears are delicious.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Gen X you did literally nothing good what the gently caress is wrong with you?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
gen x had better music than the boomers, which makes their slide into being somebody's lame dad more fun to watch

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"Juh-ruhhh-meee spoke in, spoke in"
"OH MY GOD DAD STOP SINGING I AM GOING TO TOTALLY DIE"

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

feels good man. we got in before the door slammed shut

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I guess Im the oldest of generation y. They are all cool. Just, have different ideas than us.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

I just listened to that album again this week too.

Every generation is a huge disappointment in it's own way. The boomers used to be hippies, and all about loving their fellow man and now they're
a bunch of FYGM assholes hoarding the wealth their parents worked so hard for, loving over their own children in the process.
X had so much subversive potential, but all my mates are having their second and third children now and stressing out about making it to swim club, soccer practice, creative improvisation and art classes all in the same afternoon while still having time to cook all-organic meals with ingredients from the farmers market.
And y/millennialis are the most milquetoast bunch of brats. They can't even rebel right.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Shithouse Dave posted:

I just listened to that album again this week too.

Every generation is a huge disappointment in it's own way. The boomers used to be hippies, and all about loving their fellow man and now they're
a bunch of FYGM assholes hoarding the wealth their parents worked so hard for, loving over their own children in the process.
X had so much subversive potential, but all my mates are having their second and third children now and stressing out about making it to swim club, soccer practice, creative improvisation and art classes all in the same afternoon while still having time to cook all-organic meals with ingredients from the farmers market.
And y/millennialis are the most milquetoast bunch of brats. They can't even rebel right.

It's hard to start a rebellion when food is on your table.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

Yeah, but at least get a coke habit or smoke or something, jeez

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

paranoid randroid posted:

"Juh-ruhhh-meee spoke in, spoke in"
"OH MY GOD DAD STOP SINGING I AM GOING TO TOTALLY DIE"

Is it wrong to want to be a parent just so I could pester my offspring with dad jokes and humming dated pop-music?

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
My contribution to Generation X is not producing any lovely millennials. You're welcome.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Shithouse Dave posted:

Yeah, but at least get a coke habit or smoke or something, jeez

I do smoke.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

i can't feed on the powerless, when my cups already overfilled

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Noblesse Obliged posted:

i can't feed on the powerless, when my cups already overfilled

Bread and Circuses

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I was born in 1989 and let me just say Generation X is the loving worst. Talk about the single worst generation you grow up looking up to. Okay well thanks. And no thanks to you tards who made Grunge and alt rock a thing.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
being born in 84-87 fuckin blows fyi

you get all the stigma of being a useless piece of poo poo millennial but also you lived your early life in the dark ages and apps are frightening to you

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Nude Bog Lurker posted:

being born in 84-87 fuckin blows fyi

you get all the stigma of being a useless piece of poo poo millennial but also you lived your early life in the dark ages and apps are frightening to you

What the gently caress are you talking about? You're Generation Z. Millennials where born after 2000

obliviums
Oct 2, 2013

The only exercise I get is poopin'

Do you fat-shaming try-hards really know how good ice cream is?

FogHelmut posted:

generation ramrod

yeah

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Is it wrong to want to be a parent just so I could pester my offspring with dad jokes and humming dated pop-music?
i think this is the main reason other than sex that men would want children

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Pretty much every single group that measures things starts the Millennial Generation as early as 81, and usually no later than 83.

Don't know where you weird fuckers are getting 2000s. That's Generation Z as they are known, the ones still too new to really have an identifying characteristic.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Boogaleeboo posted:

Pretty much every single group that measures things starts the Millennial Generation as early as 81, and usually no later than 83.

Don't know where you weird fuckers are getting 2000s. That's Generation Z as they are known, the ones still too new to really have an identifying characteristic.

killing themselves over mean words on the internet would be one

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Boogaleeboo posted:

I don't go by birth year so much as I do by how closely they resemble stupid and whiny literal children.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about? You're Generation Z. Millennials where born after 2000

look at this bad post by an idiot

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Boogaleeboo posted:

No. The people born in the 80's and 90's are generation y, then z. Why the gently caress would a millennial generation start before the thousand years started?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

No. The people born in the 80's and 90's are generation y, then z. Why the gently caress would a millennial generation start before the thousand years started?

Generation Y is the Millennial Generation because they are the ones that are going to grow into adulthood and take over at the start of the new Millennium. So the dudes that came up at the beginning of it are now hitting their 30s, and are entrenched respectable adults.

Or, you know, in theory they were supposed to be. Instead they took one look at the state of things, went "Fuuuuuuuuuck this noise", and decided to stay with their parents.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Nude Bog Lurker posted:

look at this bad post by an idiot

I have been here for six years, and this is the dumbest post I have ever seen.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Boogaleeboo posted:

Generation Y is the Millennial Generation because they are the ones that are going to grow into adulthood and take over at the start of the new Millennium. So the dudes that came up at the beginning of it are now hitting their 30s, and are entrenched respectable adults.

Or, you know, in theory they were supposed to be. Instead they took one look at the state of things, went "Fuuuuuuuuuck this noise", and decided to stay with their parents.

They are not. They are the Pepsi generation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

more like generation pie

• Locked thread