Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should this generation be called?
Millennials
Generation Y
Generation 9/11
I'm Gay
Die Hitlerjugend
View Results

• Locked thread
Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Brainworm posted:

movies where fat kids are walking punchlines.

This should be brought back, because fat shaming is the only way we'll ever have a healthier society.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax
I like the kids these days. They're cooler than we were. We used to play with Tonka trucks and lovely KB Toys toys. Now they just play videogames, which I can relate to. They weren't around when Eminem dropped the Marshal Mathers LP but they know all the songs and get all the references cuz they use the internet to figure it out. And they start blazing it human being when they're 13.

I like the EDM music and mollies.

cname fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jul 21, 2014

rj54x
Sep 16, 2007
Millenials AKA "I wasn't smart enough to take advantage of the millions of dollars of available scholarship money or non-lazy enough to work my way through school so I graduated thousands of dollars in debt and then couldn't get a job because I'm a special loving snowflake and got a degree in butterfly farts instead of something useful like engineering or finance so now i'm a leech lurking in my parent's basement whining about the economy instead of lamenting my bad loving life decisions"

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

rj54x posted:

Millenials AKA "I wasn't smart enough to take advantage of the millions of dollars of available scholarship money or non-lazy enough to work my way through school so I graduated thousands of dollars in debt and then couldn't get a job because I'm a special loving snowflake and got a degree in butterfly farts instead of something useful like engineering or finance so now i'm a leech lurking in my parent's basement whining about the economy instead of lamenting my bad loving life decisions"

You needed to use the phrase "entitled little gently caress" somewhere in there in order to be truly accurate.

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax
Also "I post E/N threads, because I spent my childhood on the internet, instead of going outside."

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Nurge posted:

This should be brought back, because fat shaming is the only way we'll ever have a healthier society.

I like a good fat joke as much as the next person who isn't morbidly obese but this actually doesn't work, plz constructively criticize fats

rj54x posted:

finance

yes, the solution to our societal problems is more people with degrees in finance

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Cultural hegemony everywhere ITT

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I like a good fat joke as much as the next person who isn't morbidly obese but this actually doesn't work, plz constructively criticize fats

It might work if they kill themselves.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Nurge posted:

It might work if they kill themselves.

In a way, they already are. Why not just wait it out?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

In a way, they already are. Why not just wait it out?

You expect us to be patient? We're Americans. :911:

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

rj54x posted:

Or the uh....

Millenials AKA "I was just smart enough to put legos together or lazy enough to go with the technological flow, so I graduated thousands of dollars in debt and then got the first job I could find because everything is competitive as gently caress and got a degree in analyzing butterfly farts instead of something socially productive like teaching, doctoring, or accounting, so now I'm lonely in apartment trying t bloat up my ego about how much money I have in spite of being when I'm being undervalued and will probably be replaced by a robot or somebody younger when I'm unemployed at 35."

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
What are the years for which generation?? I'm super fuckin unique though so it doesn't really matter

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

gently caress the ROW posted:

What are the years for which generation?? I'm super fuckin unique though so it doesn't really matter

Same.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

gently caress the ROW posted:

usually if you were born after 1980 and before 2000 you're a "millennial"

i don't know what they call people who are like 13 now who were born after 9/11 but i'm sure there real pieces of poo poo and i'll be posting about how fail they are and how doomed society is when i have to grade their papers and poo poo

naem
May 29, 2011

It's going to be cool when we're all super old and 1997 is going to sound like 1897 when we talk about it

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Hello I'm a millennial and goddamn kids like me have no company loyalty these days, whats up with that?

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

i don't know what they call people who are like 13 now who were born after 9/11 but i'm sure there real pieces of poo poo and i'll be posting about how fail they are and how doomed society is when i have to grade their papers and poo poo

Real incredibly hosed up pieces of poo poo generation

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

yes, the solution to our societal problems is more people with degrees in finance

or more dudes working on useless social apps

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

it's a shame that you can't blend "gay" and "generation" together very well

gayneration? ehhh

anyways I'm a dumb loser shithead who's managing not to accumulate debt while going through college with plans of being a teacher but gently caress look at what we're dealing with

naem
May 29, 2011

The army bought my bachelors for me and all I had to do was not die and have lifelong PTSD!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
genergaytion

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

"B+ - Good effort, remember to list your sources next time, check spelling, also why don't you just give up you'll never have a job or car, do you even know what a 401k is?"

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Portals posted:

it's a shame that you can't blend "gay" and "generation" together very well

gayneration? ehhh

anyways I'm a dumb loser shithead who's managing not to accumulate debt while going through college with plans of being a teacher but gently caress look at what we're dealing with

It's kind of neat seeing that graph. I apparently graduated right when it spiked. Luckily I was smart enough to go to college in my home town and had parents that let me still live at home as long as I was in school. Yay for graduating with 0 debt. gently caress you Millenials.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Baby boomers hosed up the world, Generation X created bitcoin in response, and millenials embraced bitcoin like a bunch of mouth breathers.

The lesson is that all of the generations are horrible in their own way but baby boomers are the worst

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Let's plot to kill all the boomers.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

hemophilia posted:

Let's plot to kill all the boomers.

If we do it now there might still be some pension left for us when we're old

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
im a millennial having sex with baby boomers ama

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
oh yea that reminds me about growing up poor, like half the girls i know are dating 35-45 year old dudes now since theyre the only ones with decent jobs/ careers lol. america is 3rd world.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Brainworm posted:

So what you get in mid/late 90s culture isn't just "I'm a slacker." There's also this missing sense of purpose -- a sort of "the world was going to fire me in one direction then changed its mind, so my big problem now is figuring out how I decide what to do." I mean, that's the Gen X existential crisis in a nutshell. In an end-of-the-Cold-War context that makes a lot of sense, but is maybe a hard thing to intuit if you didn't grow up with G.I. Joe and movies where fat kids are walking punchlines.
Combined with being told explicitly that they would be the first generation in America to have worse lives than their parents...

The boomers drank all they could then poisoned the well.

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

are we still doing new names for the millenial generation? if so then aatrek the next generation

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Wait I'm a millennial? But I'm almost 30. How did this happen?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Dr_Amazing posted:

You were born too late. My condolences.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Dr_Amazing posted:

youre not really a millennial but part of the cusp generation between the gen xers and the millennials. i think it's called the mtv generaton?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Necros posted:

youre not really a millennial but part of the cusp generation between the gen xers and the millennials. i think it's called the mtv generaton?

I believe it's The Pepsi NEXT Generation, Featuring Dubb'l-Stuff Hot-Pockets.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

i think hot pockets were a later thing. maybe kid cuisine tv dinners.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Dr_Amazing posted:

The oldest Millennials are coming up on their mid-30s. That's right, sociologically speaking you are part of what your dumbshit generation would call the fail AIDS.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Necros posted:

i think hot pockets were a later thing. maybe kid cuisine tv dinners.

Hot Pockets have actually been around since the early 80's.

My favourite flavour back then was Corduroy.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
It's been 6 years since my last Hot Pocket

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Arian_Samurai posted:

It's been 6 years since my last Hot Pocket

Goondolences

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
a generation of aspiring autists

Mustard Snobbery posted:

are we still doing new names for the millenial generation? if so then aatrek the next generation

we're a bit old for aatrek don't you think?

• Locked thread