Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Drunk & Ugly posted:

on that justin.tv link the goon posted the theme song is some lovely midi version of Love and Marriage instead of the Sinatra version, i cant watch that

also why is it like that, did they lose their lease on the song for dvds

yea that's the dvd theme, they didn't get the licence for the song

music licensing for tv shows on dvd/bluray is loving insane, there are a lot of good shows which had to completely redo the music in certain scenes because getting the actual song is prohibitly expensive. friday night lights had to replace almost the entire score for the dvd releases and the scenes are much weaker for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Those people clapping are dead, Christina Applegate's tits are dead, real funny sitcoms are dead, I'm glad I could ruin your morning.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i clap because i hosed your mom

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Wait a second... that's the Cosby house!

Get out of there, Al!

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Who's the guy who's show is done?
Who's TV hero is on the run?
Who'll be watching VH1
Loser Al, Loser Al, Loser Al

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
I saw an episode recently where Al and Kelly stood next to the couch and watched as Bud dry-humped some girl until he came in his pants and fell asleep on her. The show was truly ahead of its time.

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*
Kelly Bundy would be nice to shag, but I don't think it'd be that great, to be honest. Sure, she's very pretty but such an airhead she probably wouldn't really be "there" during. Now, Peg Bundy, on the other hand, while also being completely stunning, would be there with bells on. And let's face it, that's much nicer, isn't it? If you're really dead set on getting your brains melted, though, you'd go for Marcy Rhoades/D'Arcy, who while also being good looking, would most likely be utterly ferocious between the sheets and leave you a hosed out husk of a man. In short, you can have your Kelly Bundy, go hogwild. I'll go straight for Peg or - if I've got a strong heart - Marcy. There you go!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

lol

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

autoaim.cfg posted:

Kelly Bundy would be nice to shag, but I don't think it'd be that great, to be honest. Sure, she's very pretty but such an airhead she probably wouldn't really be "there" during. Now, Peg Bundy, on the other hand, while also being completely stunning, would be there with bells on. And let's face it, that's much nicer, isn't it? If you're really dead set on getting your brains melted, though, you'd go for Marcy Rhoades/D'Arcy, who while also being good looking, would most likely be utterly ferocious between the sheets and leave you a hosed out husk of a man. In short, you can have your Kelly Bundy, go hogwild. I'll go straight for Peg or - if I've got a strong heart - Marcy. There you go!

You would go with the chicken lady?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9E2XJ19yAE

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Myron Baloney posted:

I think it may be normal to be a lot more interested in watching your kids and friends' kids play in a game than people you don't know from all over the world?

I think its because they're all so excited to not be wearing scarves, which are for women at best, bro.

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

Katana Gomai posted:

music licensing for tv shows on dvd/bluray is loving insane, there are a lot of good shows which had to completely redo the music in certain scenes because getting the actual song is prohibitly expensive. friday night lights had to replace almost the entire score for the dvd releases and the scenes are much weaker for it

yeah, dawson's creek doesn't even have the "I don't wanna wait for my life to be over" theme song until the series finale on the dvds/netflix. they also replaced a lot of hit 90s songs that were in the series. it's off-putting. then again, I watched all of dawson's creek, i don't deserve satisfaction in any way, shape, or form.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

Katana Gomai posted:

makes sense for something like MWC because people didn't really buy tv series on vhs in the 80s and 90s, but for friday night lights premiering in 2006 to screw up something like that seems kinda incompetent

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
Quantum leap episodes can suck big dick too if you can't find the right versions, they removed so much music which is a big part of the show, going back in time, music from the period etc

gotta have the right tunes whn you're dressing up in drag and saving lives

Lotus Brony
Feb 21, 2012

by Cowcaster

Soft Shell Crab posted:

You would go with the chicken lady?

"I am not a chicken!" Turns around to face hubby, "Why does he keep calling me a chicken!?" as she flaps arms like wings and bobs head in and out like a chicken.

I can't remember important things like where my keys are at times, but god-drat is some scenes from TV sitcoms aren't etched forever in my memories.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, you can put up with a lot of bullshit if the sex is good, which is why Marcy is never without a man.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
also jefferson d'arcy was a con artist

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

God drat this show has bad acting from everyone not the regulars. Even the half-regular NO MAAM guys are mostly terrible.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Post more tits ffs

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

While "Unhappily Ever After" was a clear MWC knockoff, Nikki Cox was like a billion times hotter than Christina Applegate.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
key word: was

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

To be fair if I was known for looking that hot when I was young I'd take surgical risks to hold onto my status too.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

does anyone want to talk about quantum leap

ONe time i made a post about it in TV IV before nu gbs because i had no where else to sing its praises
but i didnt realize tv iv was a really serious lovely tv place and its not the crowd i want to associate with

it was a mistake

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
also unhappily ever after was made by the same people who created married with children, which is a lot sadder than if it was just a knockoff

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Drunk & Ugly posted:

does anyone want to talk about quantum leap

ONe time i made a post about it in TV IV before nu gbs because i had no where else to sing its praises
but i didnt realize tv iv was a really serious lovely tv place and its not the crowd i want to associate with

it was a mistake

MAKE YOUR OWN GODDAMN THREAD TO TALK ABOUT QUANTUM LEAP. THIS IS THE MARRIED WITH CHILDREN AUDIENCE AND TO A LESSER EXTENT SERIES THREAD

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

i have never been so humiliated

im leaving this thread

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
you'll be back in next season when al doesn't give a poo poo

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

wait but first can someone with archives go to tv iv and get my quantum leap post i think it was well crafted

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Al and Al... coincidence? I think so.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ringo Star Get posted:

In one episode where Al has to find sexy lingerie, one of the associates tries one on for him and she comes out in just a bra, corset, panties, and thigh-high leggings and the audience lets out their typical calls and ooohs and aaahs. But if you listened closely, you'd hear a man reaching climax. You see, there were always the "Bators" that would show up to a MWC taping, jerking it through a show. They'd wear baggy pants and perhaps a baggy sweatshirt and a hat. They would beat off a few times during a show. It was a serious problem and it threatened live taping of the show, the creators almost had to switch formats.

I desperately want this to be true, what's your source on this?

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

comes along bort posted:

also unhappily ever after was made by the same people who created married with children, which is a lot sadder than if it was just a knockoff

How is that "sad" in any way?

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Fame Douglas posted:

How is that "sad" in any way?
Because they're desperately trying to recapture the magic of what once made them relevant and successful and they failed miserably.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

I Greyhound posted:

While "Unhappily Ever After" was a clear MWC knockoff, Nikki Cox was like a billion times hotter than Christina Applegate.

Even with her no tits present day Christina Applegate is way hotter than present day Nikki Cox.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Because they're desperately trying to recapture the magic of what once made them relevant and successful and they failed miserably.

Ah. In my mind, I imagined Unhappily ever after to have been pretty successful - turns out not to be true.

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky
If you don't like married with children you are not allowed to post on this web site, even the lovely forums.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That's because as a child it's hard to get the image of Nikki Cox's tits out of your head.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Wow, if you read the synopsis for Unhappily Ever After, it sounds like a very depressing drama.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Dont hijack MWC threads with talk about poo poo knock off gently caress crap shows thanks

Thanks

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Supreme Allah posted:

Dont hijack MWC threads with talk about poo poo knock off gently caress crap shows thanks

Thanks

Indeed.

I visited the MWC fountains in Chicago.

They weren't turned on, but it was still worth the visit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

jarjarbinksfan621 posted:

yeah, dawson's creek doesn't even have the "I don't wanna wait for my life to be over" theme song until the series finale on the dvds/netflix. they also replaced a lot of hit 90s songs that were in the series. it's off-putting. then again, I watched all of dawson's creek, i don't deserve satisfaction in any way, shape, or form.

Thanks. I was wondering about the score on Dawson's Creek on DVD, in 2014, and you just answered all my questions about it.

• Locked thread