Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I didn't really like Thor 2. I probably liked Thor 1 better.

Thor 2 was just kind of dull

I did really like the elf designs but they too, were just kind of dull in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Scarlet Witch conjured a suit of plot armor for him to wear into combat

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
That costume looks good

I have never seen the actress in anything though, is she good? Will she able to deliver "badass"?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Sentry is the Marvel superman with brainproblems right?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I really liked the collateral damage in Man of Steel. Not sure why so many here disliked that it happened

Two gods clashed in the middle of a city. If a cataclysmic fight between gods for the future of the planet would have resulted in some cartoony "no one died don't worry :sweatdrop:" it'd been far worse in my opinion

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I just watched X-men days of future past and I think I like it the best out of all the Marvel Movies so far. Some neat scenes and a lot of actors I like a lot

I haven't seen Guardians of the Galaxy yet though and I hear that one is very good as well

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The singing and dancing dark peter was the only thing I enjoyed about the movie, actually. The rest was forgettable garbage

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Just watched Guardians of the galaxy and I liked it a lot. Probably my favourite marvel movie to date :allears:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Thanos being basically the most dangerous villain around but still having this insane crush on the physical manifestation of death is probably one of the most out there but also coolest ideas in marvel

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I think Death is basically always invisible unless she wants to be seen. In the last thanos comic everyone around him thought he was insane as he talked to death because no one else could see her. It also made it very unclear whether the Death he saw was an actual real entity or just a figment of his imagination

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Don't the inhumans all live on the moon or something

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I think most Marvel movies are pretty nuts already. Not as nuts as silver age garbage though, I'm not sure audiences would be into that since it's pretty over the top silly. For a normal person, Helicarriers, nazis with laserguns, Hulks, Asgardians, Dark Elves, power armored superfights, everything in Guardians of the Galaxy etc is pretty "out there" already

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
that did look interesting. I know of Daredevil but I was never interested in him. That trailer made me interested :kiddo:

Does Daredevil kill or is he another hero who will just knock everyone out instead of killing them?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
they could just have nothing on his head

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
who's the guy in the cape floating in the air in the top left corner

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Davros1 posted:

I think Marvel would want to stay away from any Punisher TV/Movie for a while. A "hero" going gunning people down left and right might seem a bit insensitive in the current climate, where you can't turn on the news without hearing about some psycho gunning down people.

Remember the purposed Punisher TV show a few years back? Cop by day, gun toting vigilante by night? That wouldn't go over too well today.

Well would it really be all that different from a movie like John Wick where John Wick kills almost one hundred criminals? People really liked John Wick. People really like watching heroes/antiheroes shooting bad guys

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
not only did they screw up Scarlet Witchs iconic costume they also screwed up Hawkeyes!

This is how he's supposed to look

god im so upset about this

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i like it when superheroes show skin, including the male ones :gay:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Squirrel Girl unironically owns

She's a completely insane person with the power to communicate with an animal that she uses as a weapon. She's relentlessly positive and upbeat and knows a lot of facts about acorns and nuts. I want her in a standard grimdark marvel movie as a side character to completely change the tone of some scene

:allears:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I kind of respect and admire that they're getting rich through the most low effort garbage filmmaking tbh. Can't hate on them for giving the people what they want and making bank

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

No Wave posted:

Of course you can. What a stupid loving thing to respect.

I wish I had their life

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Person in Movie: "do we really need this regulatory system"

Other Person: "yeah there are a lot of people with powers out there"

solved :smug:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
They usually pump themselves up and perhaps cut down a bit as well before promos/movie scenes where they need to look super buff but Hugh Jackman is just generally pretty swole

Dude is 46

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah, did not expect a daredevil tv show to be compared to the excellent Hannibal show

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Spartacus was great silly fun. You guys have totally sold me on the Daredevil tv series now

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
this Mad Max movie is just ripping off the Borderlands videogame anyway. It's completely uninspired which is pretty dull tbh

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Any individual with the power to punch the planet in half is going to be completely terrifying, even if he saves puppies every now and then

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I agree with Lex Luthor

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah I don't mind these clips

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

The Cameo posted:

. Ruffalo was the first guy who was actually playing Hulk on-set since Ferrigno (with a big silly looking green foam body thing to make him be closer to scale during Hulk scenes).

Really want to see this :allears:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

iSheep posted:

How is it even going to play out. Superman can lift up oil rigs and poo poo. What does Batman have that can possibly go toe to toe with superman?

*throws kryptonite near superman*

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
a real batman would have been shot and killed pretty quick

a real batman would probably be able to create a lot more change if he focused on using his immense wealth instead of dressing up in his fetish suit at night and beating up on thugs in dark alleyways

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
To be fair Zod had tried to kill the world, killed most of a city and was about to kill more innocents right infront of superman before Superman decided it was okay to kill him and even then he seemed to struggle with the decision. I doubt Batman will kill a city in this movie

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I don't think I like any superman movies

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
skip the tats or make them better and id be fine with it

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
whoa this joker sure looks insane in the membrane

i bet he'll get up to some real zany shenanigans and stare at things crazily

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I haven't seen Age of Ultron yet but after watching that clip I can say I appreciate a robot overlord villain with a sense of humour instead of the regular schtick of just being ridiculusly stiff and well, robotic. I mean he achieved sentience why would he be all BEEP BOOP I AM COLD AND EMOTIONLESS *boop beep*

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The Avengers was good

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Oasx posted:

You have to wonder if people at DC are actively sabotaging their own films with something that looks this bad. The guy from Arrow looked a lot better, and would cost a tenth of what Will Smith does.

the guy from arrow with the huge red cartoon mecha-eyepatch? That guy looked ridiculous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Zack Snyder is a huge nerd who loves comicbooks, not some jock lol

His whole career has been comicbooks and zombies

• Locked thread