Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

im the one loser who hasn't yet bought/been gifted plat so i will take your free poo poo via throaway email I made for goon stuff.

code gotten, will try breaking this thing when I wake up tomorrow.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jul 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
edit: I'M GONNA PLAY IT

Hat Thoughts fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jul 19, 2014

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I am down for some free stuff testing.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

nftyw posted:

Yeah, its apparantly a bug with the secret level code. I presume he wants you to only have one go at the stage which is a horrible idea because they are harder than diamond-encrusted dinosaur poo poo.

Texmo thinks he is bad at games, I am bad at games (1-S)

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Oh man I love breaking games

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!

nftyw posted:

Yeah, its apparantly a bug with the secret level code. I presume he wants you to only have one go at the stage which is a horrible idea because they are harder than diamond-encrusted dinosaur poo poo.

No you're supposed to be able to retry them, I'm just a lovely coder (see OP) and so they do some bogus stuff sometimes always.

Texmo fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jul 19, 2014

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

nftyw posted:

The first world was pretty simple but I'm a veteran to block movin games ever since the days of fuckin sokoban.

One other bug, sometimes if you pick up a note and read it, when you die, it SOMETIMES reappears on the map to be picked up/read again. It's not every time. So that's maybe not super helpful.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Edit: Holy crap that was quick.

Len fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jul 19, 2014

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I'm on board for free things. And I like to nitpick, so if you want complaints about pixel positioning I AM YOUR MAN!

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Hey, I'd love to check this out. I'll definitely tell you why it does or does not suck.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
I think I have this from a bundle, does that have a steam key now? Otherwise I'd be happy to break your poo poo.

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

duckfarts posted:

I think I have this from a bundle, does that have a steam key now? Otherwise I'd be happy to break your poo poo.

not yet, 'cause it's not officially released on steam yet, but since goons are cool they get to be in the secret club where I give them free stuff and they tell me it's horrible.
You'll eventually get another copy to play with a friend or something I guess.

Texmo fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jul 19, 2014

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Hey so I actually am currently doing QA for a living and wouldn't mind futzing around with your game for a bit. Some other friends of mine are also making a video game and I managed to break it so bad it wouldn't even launch anymore and it took a couple of days to fix. One of my buddies (who also did QA for a while) apparently already got a code from you so we'd be able to test out multiplayer!

The catch I am currently working a ton of overtime on my current project and probably would only have time for your game for a little bit during the weekends, if that's ok with you.

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

Kaubocks posted:

Hey so I actually am currently doing QA for a living and wouldn't mind futzing around with your game for a bit. Some other friends of mine are also making a video game and I managed to break it so bad it wouldn't even launch anymore and it took a couple of days to fix. One of my buddies (who also did QA for a while) apparently already got a code from you so we'd be able to test out multiplayer!

The catch I am currently working a ton of overtime on my current project and probably would only have time for your game for a little bit during the weekends, if that's ok with you.

Make sure he's got a steam code - any of the versions elsewhere are heinously out of date because I'm a pro slacker. If he doesn't, I'll send you another one.
Also this is mostly a free-poo poo-for-goons thing, since lurking SA has provided me with many years of entertainment. Any bug reports are a bonus, so don't feel pressured or anything.

Uncle ShortyB
Oct 18, 2013

"Do you think since your cat is dead I could

You know

Wear it?"
I break things for what I call a hobby and what my IT type friends call "Stop giving me your broken poo poo man come on" so I, too, would like to break your game. I might even tell you when I do it.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Hm. I'll play your game and try to break it, sure.

NotALizardman fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jul 19, 2014

a tea tree
Dec 20, 2006

Kirby began to wonder if he shouldn't have just eaten the Nemesis, instead.
I'll try your silly video jame!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Texmo posted:

Make sure he's got a steam code - any of the versions elsewhere are heinously out of date because I'm a pro slacker. If he doesn't, I'll send you another one.
Also this is mostly a free-poo poo-for-goons thing, since lurking SA has provided me with many years of entertainment. Any bug reports are a bonus, so don't feel pressured or anything.
Well just consider any bug reports I send your way a free-poo poo-for-goons thing, too. No pressure, it's just something I like doing! :buddy:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I'll give this a shot, I'm really good at saying things are terrible.

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

NotALizardman posted:

Hm. I'll play your game and try to break it, sure.

gonna need some contact deets for that code
edit: too quick for me. sent.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

edit: Thanks man.

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
I would like to play this.

Maybe it's bad, I dunno, but I'll play it and let you know if anything breaks along the way.

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

I'll take a swing at it, if you've got more codes.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Got to 3-1 without any game-destroying bugs other than the secret level loop. While in 'mirror mirror' I vaguely noticed a possible bug but I keep accidentally reaching the exit before touching anything in the secret levels like a dummo.

I'll probably play it a little tomorrow too, how many levels are there in the game? I figure I should at least try to get to the end in case there's bugs later on.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
I'll try and break your game.

E: thanks!

Meow Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jul 19, 2014

wuat
Jul 12, 2009
i got to 1-2 before deciding the controls sucked and the main dude should be on wasd
also controlling two dudes seems like its a pain in the rear end sorry bye

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Sure, let me *ahem* "test" this game for you.

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

wuat posted:

i got to 1-2 before deciding the controls sucked and the main dude should be on wasd
also controlling two dudes seems like its a pain in the rear end sorry bye

you can change the controls to whatever but ok thanks for playing

wuat
Jul 12, 2009

Texmo posted:

you can change the controls to whatever but ok thanks for playing

it seems really awkward by default especially if you're playing two person on the same computer
they pretty much have to be sitting on your lap with your arm woven under theirs to press the buttons at the same time (left control & shift)

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
I love puzzle games, gimmie a code please! Promise I'll tell you what breaks.

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

wuat posted:

it seems really awkward by default especially if you're playing two person on the same computer
they pretty much have to be sitting on your lap with your arm woven under theirs to press the buttons at the same time (left control & shift)

The defaults used to be WSAD and Arrow Keys, and I still use those because they're easier to double-control with, but lots of people didn't like that for online/singleplayer.
I should probably make it more obvious that you can change the controls though, huh?

wuat
Jul 12, 2009

Texmo posted:

The defaults used to be WSAD and Arrow Keys, and I still use those because they're better, but lots of people didn't like that for online/singleplayer.
I should probably make it more obvious that you can change the controls though, huh?

I didn't realize you could until you told me because there's no settings page on the main menu and didn't pay attention enough to look at the escape menu.

Servicio en Espanol
Feb 5, 2009
I would be interested in breaking your game as well.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I will legit test your video game with a legit friend and we will legit tell all our friends that this is bad.

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

wuat posted:

I didn't realize you could until you told me because there's no settings page on the main menu and didn't pay attention enough to look at the escape menu.

Yeah thanks for calling me on that, I'm gonna do something to make it more obvious.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Fiddling around in the game a bit before I go to bed. I don't know what opinions/bugs you're aware of already so I'm just gonna speak out loud about anything I find.

1-S is exceptionally hard, in my opinion-- especially for what appears to be the very first bonus stage. What had been, up to this point, a relatively simple puzzle game suddenly requires incredibly precise platforming skills because if your toe is so much as one or two pixels too far to either side you are set on an unchangeable collision course with the ceiling. Upon entering the room I was excited at the chance to pick up a ton of loot but the room is so difficult that I quickly became frustrated. I expect the later bonus stages are going to be even harder than this and it's not very enticing. Is the idea behind these rooms supposed to be that they're for super pros? Because if so, I'd still consider reworking it a bit due to the sudden shift in gameplay but then I'd at least understand it a bit more. I wasn't sure what to expect when that room unlocked, to be honest. I don't even remember ever picking up the key that Keep apparently used.

Also, if you get yourself wedged between this spring and ground...

...the noise is rather awful.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Oh boy just wait until you get to stage 2-S.

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

Okay there's a new build up on Steam; I've added in xbox button prompts and some stuff telling you about changing controls in the pause menu, thanks for the suggestions.

Also, yeah, the secret levels are intended to be insane hard challenge levels. Whether or not this is a good idea I don't know, but it's something.

yugge
Aug 27, 2008
I'm game! Would love a code and will tell you what I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Texmo posted:

Okay there's a new build up on Steam; I've added in xbox button prompts and some stuff telling you about changing controls in the pause menu, thanks for the suggestions.
I would definitely put Options on the main menu, even if you don't want anything but the control-changing in there. Can't speak for anyone else, but it's usually the first thing I do when I open a new game.

• Locked thread