Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Kaubocks posted:

Also, if you get yourself wedged between this spring and ground...

...the noise is rather awful.

You can get the same schreeching noise effect by standing on your partner when they're bouncing on a spring, causing them to shake violently and let out that same sound. If you hold the jump button you bounce higher, but if you hold jump after dying your partner will start bouncing higher if he's on a spring, so they can both die. weird pointless glitch, but its there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."
This game looks interesting. I'll tell you why I don't like it if I play it. I have PMs.

Dylstew
Nov 24, 2013
Please PM Me if you're still giving out keys of your broken game.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
PM me a code and I'll tell you what is and isn't wrong with it. :)

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Texmo posted:

I kinda feel that having to press a button every time you push something would make the game really cumbersome to play.
There's a good half-second you need to be shoving a box before it'll move, which I figured was enough leeway :shrug:

It's not very reliable, I've shoved blocks into the abyss many times after barely touching them. Instapushes seem very common if you hold towards the block after landing right next to them.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

I would love to try it out if you still need willing guinea pi participants!

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I'm interested in testing this game, and I have PMs.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
I would enjoy helping find glitches and bugs as well. If it is still going on. I also have PM's.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Free game, sign me up. Expect a detailed (one sentence review of why your game sucks) trip/bug report.

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme
I'll take a key if they're still available. Stupid games best games.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Hey OP you should PM me a code so I can beta test your game for free instead of working on my SA GameDev entry.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
OP I will break your game for you. Just PM me a code and i'll do it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If you are still giving out keys I'll take one. I'll probably buy a gift copy for someone later too.

hellocruelworld
Feb 28, 2003

Dude, I See God!
PM me as I would also like to help break your game. Thx.

craig588
Nov 19, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've been going through my Genesis collection sorting games into unplayable and just normal 90s level of broken categories. PM me a code and if it's not as broken as the worst games of the 90s I'll probably finish it.

RedLobster
Nov 19, 2010

Original Character
!DO NOT STEAL!
Someone told me this is not awful and free so please PM me the game.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
You can break some difficulty by moving your partner to take two tiles, so you drop a block on them while also landing on them to push it. You can also break some stuff by falling into dynamite a certain way, allowing you to pick it up midair. I was once able to place and jump away from dynamite in a one tile spot, though I'm pretty sure that's a frame-perfect thing.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

I really like this game so far. I don't have any friends so I'll never get multiplayer to work. Maybe you should add a disclaimer that says that you need another human to play multiplayer.

LouDog004
Aug 29, 2009

Glitter Glisten Gloss Floss

Gamerofthegame posted:

You can break some difficulty by moving your partner to take two tiles, so you drop a block on them while also landing on them to push it.

This must be intended given the gold times on some maps.

Figuring out how to activate this on steam took about half and hour and made me feel supes stupid.

The game is very charming. The dialogue, interactions, reactions and idling animations for Wyv and Keep are great. I've played through the first world so far, getting gold stars on all but "bridge building." I assume after completing the secret level it's supposed to show up on the "?" on the world map, but it doesn't. Also, it's possible to get back under the springs after starting the secret level. I'm not sure if that's an engine quirk or intended behavior.

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

You would make a good Dalek.
This game looks pretty cool, I will play it for free if I am PMed a key.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Looks interesting. Send a key to rickvoidsa627 at yahoo dot com and I'll look it over. If nothing else I'll at least be able to let you know my PCs specs and if it will actually run.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
I'm up to 2-6 or so, everything has been working great except just now I tried to switch to full-screen. The monitor I was playing on just turns black and my second monitor flashes between what it's displaying and black. This doesn't resolve itself.

Win7-64 on an i5 something or other with a GeForce GTX 560 Ti, driver 337.88

e: Couple more things, don't know if they're intentional or not.

I'm having issues when leaving the mud tiles. When transitioning from a mud tile to a non-mud tile, you have to wait a second before it lets you jump. Not a huge deal but it's counterintuitive since you're on a non-mud tile when you hit the jump button.

The blue head arrow shooting guys, you can stand on their tile and the arrow will miss. Doesn't seem like it should work that way.

Papercut fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jul 20, 2014

LouDog004
Aug 29, 2009

Glitter Glisten Gloss Floss
After getting the secret level key on world two I realized that I accessed the world one secret level without getting the key. I started a new game to test, and you just automatically have the key when you reach that map.

e: Some of the maps in world two don't show the background layer victory animation.

Also, exiting via the key door on a level should maybe not grant trophies since they are quite trivial.

LouDog004 fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jul 20, 2014

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

I will do my damndest to break this game in half and see how awful/not awful it is if I'm PMed a key.

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!
ok I'm awake again, and sent out keys to (I think) everyone in who's posted so far.

Thanks for the bug reports guys; I've noted them all down and gonna do what I can about 'em.
Has anyone been trying the online multiplayer at all?

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Thanks! You sent me two, do you want one back or should I post it here or something?

I will do my best to break your game

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Thanks! You sent me two, do you want one back or should I post it here or something?

I will do my best to break your game

Looks like I just sent the same key twice, so keep it I'd say

craig588
Nov 19, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Papercut posted:

I'm up to 2-6 or so, everything has been working great except just now I tried to switch to full-screen. The monitor I was playing on just turns black and my second monitor flashes between what it's displaying and black. This doesn't resolve itself.

I have the same thing going on, GTX 680 on the 340.43 beta driver. My monitors' native resolutions are 2560x1600, usually that seems to break a lot of games because it's not super common.

It also seems like it doesn't pick up wired 360 controllers? It works fine with my wireless 360 controller, but doesn't do anything for my wired one or DS4 set to emulate a wired 360 controller.
Ignore that, seems like now it's detecting my DS4 fine when it's the only controller. I probably was just confusing it by having too many controllers plugged in at once.

Found a small sound bug: If you start a bomb hissing timer and then restart the hissing will continue until it normally would run out, without the explosion sound.

craig588 fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jul 20, 2014

Lonely Rolling Star
Mar 20, 2009

Better than a crowbar.
Just wanted to pop in and say you are doing an amazing thing here. And you'll have no shortage of volunteers.

Observe Me
Jan 21, 2006

I know shits bad right now with all that starving bullshit and the dust storms and we are running out of french fries and burrito coverings. But I got a solution!
I will play your game and destroy it as well. PM me a key, please and thank you.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for the key. Played for a little bit tonight with the girlfriend. We got to 2-7. Is there a way to pass 2-7 that doesn't involve an absurd pixel perfect jump, and we just missed something obvious? I hit the jump a single time out of dozens of times, eventually just gave up and stopped playing.

In one of my many attempts I had a bug where I was able to jump off mud floor. It only happened the one time.

Otherwise we were really enjoying it up to that point.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Jordan7hm posted:

Thanks for the key. Played for a little bit tonight with the girlfriend. We got to 2-7. Is there a way to pass 2-7 that doesn't involve an absurd pixel perfect jump, and we just missed something obvious? I hit the jump a single time out of dozens of times, eventually just gave up and stopped playing.

2-7 doesn't require any pixel perfect jumping. Here's my solution:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkC_1K9BC4I

Skip about 20 seconds in if you don't want to see me die carelessly.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
This game is definitely really awesome. I couldn't make anything really break, but if you want criticism I guess the water texture and logo could use some work? I'm kind of reaching with that.

I really am having a good time with it.

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

Papercut posted:

You're not actually supposed to be able to push boxes from on someone's head ._.

but, if you pushed that one that landed on wyv's head to the left, you could concievably drop another one down to put on the button :parrot:

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit
I would love the opportunity to break this dumb game.

(it looks amazing and I really want to play it :allears: ) e: thanks! Will post breaking results when I'm on a non-Mac.

spider wisdom fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jul 20, 2014

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Oh hey, this game. I actually picked it up on Desura quite a while ago now; at the time, I recall it being a lot of fun. Had no idea you were a goon.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Papercut posted:

Haha holy gently caress we must have been tired. Not sure why we didn't do that. Spent so many deaths trying to jump the gap from the initial platform. It's doable but only just, which led to us doing it over and over again.

craig588
Nov 19, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
4-2 has something odd with the speech bubbles. Generally whoever picks up the pages will have their speech bubble pushed to the center of the screen, I thought it might have been the speech bubble trying to avoid covering up the character, but I tried stacking them both on top of each other and getting the pages and not only were the speech bubbles not worried about covering the characters, they came out of the correct person. If I drop one character down to the bottom along the arrow trap's path the speech bubbles also come out correctly and the bottom character has their bubble "point" flipped around.

Also, not sure if it's a bug or intentional, but the first time I restart that level after getting the pages they don't spawn, but if I restart a second time they're there.

I like the pushing blocks from characters heads bug. It opens up interesting alternate solutions for a few levels.

The game will automatically go to full screen the next time I start the game after I set the screen size to "Large Screen [4x]", but only for 1 restart of the game. It'll work fine in full screen, but it'll jump back to 3x on the next restart. If I highlight the screen size setting even when it's already in full screen my main monitor gets the same flickering black screen I talked about earlier.

craig588 fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jul 20, 2014

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
Can I "test" your game?

Tbh I just want a free game. I like free games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

Thank you for the penis pills email I really appreciate it

• Locked thread