Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.

Darwinism posted:

Not infinitely recursive, voted 1

zachol fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jul 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

If this isn't animated into an infinite tunnel of bubbles by the time I wake up tomorrow, I'm going to be very disappointed in all of you.

Asymmetrikon
Oct 30, 2009

I believe you're a big dork!
I'm too lazy to animate anything much, but I've upgraded Sammy G Sez into a NEW HD REMAKE VERSION and made it a GIMP template:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/98116211/SMILINGSAMMYG.xcf

Sample:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!

Thank you! You always struck me as one of the cooler Goons.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:frogout:

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

Some time ago there was a "Goon-Run Company Thread" stickied in Traditional Games, highlighting the publishing companies of posters. It's not here anymore, most likely disappeared in the archives.

As I now have 3 products to my company's name, I was wondering if advertising is still okay here. I write Pathfinder products, but plan on doing other RPG systems once I get the hang of them.

What would be the best thing to do? Post in Pathfinder? Make a new thread? Advertise in the chat thread? Appeal to the god Winson Paine to bring back the the Goon Company thread?

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost

Evil Mastermind posted:

If this isn't animated into an infinite tunnel of bubbles by the time I wake up tomorrow, I'm going to be very disappointed in all of you.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

A late entry, but I'll accept that.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
BattleCON owns. Right now I'm playing against the earthly avatar of an extraplanar warlord who is more or less an intelligent sun of chaos as a guy who shoot good :downsgun:

and winning :haw:

MagnesiumB
Apr 13, 2013
So, I'm moving to a new city soon and am going to be running games for my friends over the internet instead of at a table for the first time. Specifically, we're going to be playing some Dungeon World. What kind of software do folks around here use for their online games? I was thinking of either Skype or maybe Google Hangouts (haven't really used Hangouts before though) but I don't know how to handle stuff like dice-rolling or visual aids like maps and what-not.

Also, unrelated, but if folks know of cool nerd stuff in the Philadelphia area I'd also be super interested in hearing about that!

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

MagnesiumB posted:

So, I'm moving to a new city soon and am going to be running games for my friends over the internet instead of at a table for the first time. Specifically, we're going to be playing some Dungeon World. What kind of software do folks around here use for their online games? I was thinking of either Skype or maybe Google Hangouts (haven't really used Hangouts before though) but I don't know how to handle stuff like dice-rolling or visual aids like maps and what-not.

Also, unrelated, but if folks know of cool nerd stuff in the Philadelphia area I'd also be super interested in hearing about that!

I've never actually used it for a game, but I messed around with roll20 a bit that seems pretty cool.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

MagnesiumB posted:

Redcap Games is as good a location as any. Tables, open use board games, private rooms upstairs available for a five dollar deposit. Whole lotta Magic the Gathering and Netrunner going on if that's your scene. Swing by on Wednesday and you can join the Encounters group to meet people, and we occasionally play a game that isn't terrible.

As for non-TG nerd stuff--howabout the Mütter Museum? 10 am to 5 pm every day, 19 South 22nd St, 19103. I encourage showing up without spoiling yourself, but not immediately after a heavy meal.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

TheSpookyDanger posted:

I've never actually used it for a game, but I messed around with roll20 a bit that seems pretty cool.

Roll20 is pretty great and it has built-in Google Hangouts integration if that's your bag.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Arivia posted:

Roll20 is pretty great

_________/

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
I just saw this feat and I had to share: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/sacred-geometry

Look at it. Look at it and marvel at the glory of PF's designing skills.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."

Yawgmoth posted:

I just saw this feat and I had to share: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/sacred-geometry

I'm sorry? This is literally the best 3.5 feat I have ever seen.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
It's beautiful.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Yawgmoth posted:

"Hey guys, how about we chill for five minutes while I work out this math puzzle. OMIGOD the immersion!"

In reality that just makes me want to fly out to Paizo's headquarters and slap them around the heads with Raymond Smullyan until they understand when and when not to use recreational mathematics.

Edit: Checking down the rabbit hole, that book has a number of character options that are best described as "we have a sophomoric fetish for numerology", like Arithmancy, Cleromancy, and Calculated Luck.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jul 26, 2014

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

Who thinks it's a super awesome idea to further encourage spellcaster play to completely halt the game for even longer while people figure this poo poo out? WHO? WHY? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Aww, man! I love countdown! And now I can play countdown while also making everyone at the table admire how strong my character is and how smart I am? Sign me the gently caress up!

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

NGDBSS posted:

"Hey guys, how about we chill for five minutes while I work out this math puzzle. OMIGOD the immersion!"

In reality that just makes me want to fly out to Paizo's headquarters and slap them around the heads with Raymond Smullyan until they understand when and when not to use recreational mathematics.

Edit: Checking down the rabbit hole, that book has a number of character options that are best described as "we have a sophomoric fetish for numerology", like Arithmancy, Cleromancy, and Calculated Luck.

Holy christ I am gonna take all of these for my next dude

holy poo poo

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Darwinism posted:

Who thinks it's a super awesome idea to further encourage spellcaster play to completely halt the game for even longer while people figure this poo poo out? WHO? WHY? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

It's Pathfinder, of course it's mechanically dodgy and exists solely to make casters feel special, but it's a feat that encourages players of crazy maths wizards to be crazy maths wizards at the table. It's like if they published a rogue feat that was literally Cheating At Die-Rolling 101, Power Attack 2: Do You Even Lift, or a druid feat based on the player's bonsai tree.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

chrisoya posted:

It's like if they published a rogue feat that was literally Cheating At Die-Rolling 101, Power Attack 2: Do You Even Lift, or a druid feat based on the player's bonsai tree.

Someone please write this supplement.

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

I'LL GET YOU THIS YEAR! EVEN IF I SAID THIS LAST YEAR TOOOOOO
God I love the smell of salty succubi in the morning

Yawgmoth posted:

If someone intended to use that in game, I'd change the casting time to 'skip this round, then work it out while everyone else plays out their turn'.

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

I think the best part is that, depending on the rolls, you can get a set of dice where you just can't make the feat work. So Bob the Wizard could spend twenty minutes trying to solve the math puzzle before giving up and nothing happens at all.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Gonna make a feat tree about busting out squats and pushups.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Mr. Maltose posted:

Gonna make a feat tree about busting out squats and pushups.

+1 damage for each ten reps of both

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.

frankenfreak posted:

+1 damage for each ten reps of both

Totally OP, D&D says that you can do pushups and squats all day.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

Evil Mastermind posted:

Someone please write this supplement.

If I write it, will you buy it?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Winson_Paine posted:

Holy christ I am gonna take all of these for my next dude

holy poo poo

nope

nopenonopnonpnonpnonononpnonpnnonpnopenopenope

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Darwinism posted:

I think the best part is that, depending on the rolls, you can get a set of dice where you just can't make the feat work. So Bob the Wizard could spend twenty minutes trying to solve the math puzzle before giving up and nothing happens at all.

Ideally you would sit down beforehand and attempt to create solutions for every permutation of dice rolls for every spell you might want to cast so you can know right away whether or not a set of numbers is useable. Duh. :smug:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Libertad! posted:

If I write it, will you buy it?

Of course not. I don't play Pathfinder.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
So who can tell me more about Talislanta. Talislanta 4e looks like a lot of fun, but I have no archives to check F&F.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

dwarf74 posted:

So who can tell me more about Talislanta. Talislanta 4e looks like a lot of fun, but I have no archives to check F&F.

someone paid you to ask this didnt they

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I had no idea there were two.

And now there is one.

I want more.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Winson_Paine posted:

someone paid you to ask this didnt they
Nope!

I picked up the 2e book when I was a kid, but couldn't get into it. It wasn't rules-y enough. I was into AD&D, Torg, etc.

I looked it up, saw it was free now, and checked the 4e vs 5e differences. 4e looks more my style, so I've been reading it. I really like the system, at first blush anyway, and have started digging into the setting.

... Why? Is there something I'm missing :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I saw my first 5th Edition starter set in the wild today, and I do not think it is a coincidence that the only bookstore in the small town I was in that had a copy was the only one where the clerk had a 1970s mustache. Yet he looked to be about 20 years old.

Unrelated in every possible way, I know a guy who is trying to run a Game-of-Thrones-style game (because this guy can be counted on to try to run "current cultural zeitgeist" games every 5 years) but for some reason has decided it should be a D20 game. This ... this has to be the wrong system in every possible way for a game mostly about political intrigue and a little bit about sex and murder, right?

• Locked thread