Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Kai Tave posted:

That's hilarious. "What is this 'making characters' bullshit? Talislanta 5E is nothing but Ultima Online on paper!"

I DONT KNOW.

THe 5e Chargen System is really neat, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Tollymain posted:

I hope you've all been keeping your polearm collections in good shape
:negative:

I must admit I neglected anything that's not a *-glaive-*.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

frankenfreak posted:

:negative:

I must admit I neglected anything that's not a *-glaive-*.

That's a pretty glaive error.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree

Mr. Maltose posted:

That's a pretty glaive error.

That joke was pretty ransuer wait no, that doesn't work.

That sounds like something guisarme nope, not that either.

Lucerne Hammer? I nearly killed gently caress why is this so hard.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Saguaro PI posted:

That joke was pretty ransuer wait no, that doesn't work.

That sounds like something guisarme nope, not that either.

Lucerne Hammer? I nearly killed gently caress why is this so hard.

Yeah, these jokes are pretty tricky. I'd stick to Bohemian Earspoonerisms.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Winson_Paine posted:

I bought the kid foam polyhedrals to celebrate, she took them to the park and her little pals all played with them.

I didn't see a d20 in there you were cheating :colbert:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there's a joke to be had here involving bills and your mother's chosen profession but i can't seem to make it work

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Kai Tave posted:

That's hilarious. "What is this 'making characters' bullshit? Talislanta 5E is nothing but Ultima Online on paper!"
Well, it's pretty much the same idea as Feng Shui.

Feng Shui with full character generation would be kinda weird. Same basic theory.

<--- not a grog, can just see the argument

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
"Feng Shui with full character generation" is basically the system for Nexus the Infinite City, only you also had the option to buy tiny skills that don't do as much as Feng Shui skills for some reason. Like an early clunkier prototype of the the ORE-Kerberos Club skill system.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Tollymain posted:

there's a joke to be had here involving bills and your mother's chosen profession but i can't seem to make it work
But actually making it would be pretty bardichey.

Mr. Maltose posted:

Yeah, these jokes are pretty tricky. I'd stick to Bohemian Earspoonerisms.
You're pretty good at these. Unlike others (including me) and their halberd-assed efforts.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Guan Dao-mit! You guys are making some shamefully bad puns. Naginata stand to see it anymore!

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
The trick is to workshop them. You know you've got a good one when your audience looks poleaxed.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Mr. Maltose posted:

The trick is to workshop them. You know you've got a good one when your audience looks poleaxed.

Are you piking from experience?

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
I mostly just find Polearm puns Voulger.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Error 404 posted:

Are you piking from experience?

Yeah, I kwan tou take this bit on the road someday.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Mr. Maltose posted:

Yeah, I kwan tou take this bit on the road someday.

All I'm saying is tsukamaki all the excuses you want, but someday the billhook will come due.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:unsmigghh:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

unseenlibrarian posted:

I mostly just find Polearm puns Voulger.
Nah, they're en voulge.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Sorry to interrupt this phalanx of piker puns, but sarissa question I have to ask. Did TG lose its GUMSHOE/Mystery game thread to the archives? I can't seem to find it.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.

Davin Valkri posted:

Sorry to interrupt this phalanx of piker puns, but sarissa question I have to ask. Did TG lose its GUMSHOE/Mystery game thread to the archives? I can't seem to find it.

Yeah, looks like it did.

uh i mean
uh
uh

poo poo

looks pike it did?
poo poo poo poo poo poo

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
I was looking at Pokemon Tabletop United. I thought, being a homebrew, it'd just be a reskinned d20 or something. I didn't realize they built their own system from the ground up with a 400 page core PDF, a 700 page monster manual, and several adventures to start with.

I'm interested in trying it, but it seems really complicated. Has anyone played it and can tell me whether it's worth the time learning the system, or is it a horribly unbalanced mess that I should just pass on?

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

I'LL GET YOU THIS YEAR! EVEN IF I SAID THIS LAST YEAR TOOOOOO
God I love the smell of salty succubi in the morning

Error 404 posted:

All I'm saying is tsukamaki all the excuses you want, but someday the billhook will come due.

Best post of the thread, right here.

But seriously, while you're in my house you're not going to Naganitar food

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
I am tired of this sword of joke.

edit: spear.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Impermanent posted:

I am tired of this sword of joke.

edit: spear.

Awwww, now you've gone and made a grosse messer of the joke. :smith:

Edit: I always love a chance to drop my guard and go en pointe, displaying my rapier wit.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jul 28, 2014

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

XyloJW posted:

I was looking at Pokemon Tabletop United. I thought, being a homebrew, it'd just be a reskinned d20 or something. I didn't realize they built their own system from the ground up with a 400 page core PDF, a 700 page monster manual, and several adventures to start with.

I'm interested in trying it, but it seems really complicated. Has anyone played it and can tell me whether it's worth the time learning the system, or is it a horribly unbalanced mess that I should just pass on?

it is Not Very Good

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

Lifted from the sadly incomplete F&F review of the game.

Yeah.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Is it a fatally bad idea to bring up RPGPundit and Zak S.? It is really interesting reading Mandy Morbid's take on the infinite and unending dramabomb, in the sense that it is interesting reading a third-person account of a conflict that happened 50 years ago that makes absolutely no sense to anyone but the people involved.

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

I'LL GET YOU THIS YEAR! EVEN IF I SAID THIS LAST YEAR TOOOOOO
God I love the smell of salty succubi in the morning

Quarex posted:

Is it a fatally bad idea to bring up RPGPundit and Zak S.?

All things considered

Yes

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

And no one ate dinner that night.
e: Yeah, probably no point in bringing up all the drama, especially since I wasn't around when most of it happened.

Asymmetrikon
Oct 30, 2009

I believe you're a big dork!

Quarex posted:

Is it a fatally bad idea to bring up RPGPundit and Zak S.? It is really interesting reading Mandy Morbid's take on the infinite and unending dramabomb, in the sense that it is interesting reading a third-person account of a conflict that happened 50 years ago that makes absolutely no sense to anyone but the people involved.

Short summary: Zak S and RPGPundit are abysmal human beings, WotC consulted and credited them, people didn't like that, they got mad, did their usual 'being shitheads' thing.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Asymmetrikon posted:

Short summary: Zak S and RPGPundit are abysmal human beings, WotC consulted and credited them, people didn't like that, they got mad, did their usual 'being shitheads' thing.

With the addition that just because you don't personally have sexist beliefs doesn't mean your actions don't still support sexism. And that your actions count for more than your beliefs in any given situation.(which zak hates being told)

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Quarex posted:

It's a call to arms to harass someone Zak doesn't like wrapped up in progressive politics as a tactical ploy, like usual.

There, I just saved you a conversation.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Also we're probably not going to be getting any more Last Stand material after Reinforcements, which is terrible news.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Works for me!

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Maltose posted:

Also we're probably not going to be getting any more Last Stand material after Reinforcements, which is terrible news.

On the upside, you will get Ragnarök, any extra material I feel like writing for it depending on how well received it is, and then another Fortune game after that which will be entirely my own.

I hope you're up for commissions down the line Ravenkult.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Actually here is a funny story about that:

In the middle of Mandy's whole "Totally not trying to harass anyone! PS: Mikan is actually a lying troll mastermind out to get Zak, here's all the screen/real names they go under, do with that information what you will, Mandy out!" thing, she lists "Smartmonkey" as one of Mikan's aliases.

If you're wondering who Smartmonkey is because you've never heard that name before: I got tipped by an RPGnet poster that Smartmonkey is actually some other poster who happened to make a post about transgendered characters in the d20 subforum while sporting a Kanji Tatsumi avatar. People who know what Persona is: totally part of the grand Mikan conspiracy. :allears:

(If anyone's thinking of letting them know someone painted a target on their back for expressing pro-LGBT opinions, don't bother; RPGnet staff are dealing with it.)

Apple Mummy
Oct 11, 2012

Does this mean no more monthlies, no adventures, no companion book, and no Düngeön?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Does that make me a Mikan Renfield/Dhampir/Vampire as well? Or is it only Kanji Tatsumi AVs that are part of the conspyramid?

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I wish Gen-Con were like UFC for Traditional Games. There are so many good matchups possible!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Apple Mummy posted:

Does this mean no more monthlies, no adventures, no companion book, and no Düngeön?

Düngeön at the very least is being worked on by another person and the Companion (current kickstarter) will come out, no prob. Monthlies have been a bit of an issue from the start though, so that's something I'll look into.

• Locked thread