Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

I hope you're happy with yourself, Winson

quote:

quote:

quote:

[quote]

[quote]

[quote]

[quote]

YOU DID THIS :colbert:

edit: taaags

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

Libertad! posted:

This has nothing to do with Smilin Sammy G.

Sorry, this implies that Sammy is not with us at all times, smiling benevolently. Gonna have to burn you at the stake.

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

Not infinitely recursive, voted 1

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

Who thinks it's a super awesome idea to further encourage spellcaster play to completely halt the game for even longer while people figure this poo poo out? WHO? WHY? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

I think the best part is that, depending on the rolls, you can get a set of dice where you just can't make the feat work. So Bob the Wizard could spend twenty minutes trying to solve the math puzzle before giving up and nothing happens at all.

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

FATAL. Roll for Jon's anal circumference. :colbert:

edit: This assumes that system doesn't matter. I mean, why would it?

Darwinism fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jul 27, 2014

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

Gygax worship is so weird and it's sad that all this attention is lavished on the dude while people basically ignore Arneson. It's probably because Gygax remained a figurehead in the tabletop scene for a lot longer than Arneson, but still.

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

Lifted from the sadly incomplete F&F review of the game.

Yeah.

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

So despite Zak's long history of being a terrible person, since he hasn't actually got a tattoo on his forehead saying, "I AM A BIGOT," he must not be a bigot in any way and therefor must be a great person, since those are the only two options

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

A lot of people are at least professional enough to separate their work from their opinions, and that's honestly all I ask.

You can be a shitheel all you like if you don't use your professional position to endorse your shitheel opinions.

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

Also, it generally means, "I didn't notice it," instead of, "it doesn't happen."

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

I've seen people actually say that they don't want games to be more inclusive because then WOMEN and JOCKS will play and they don't take elfgames as SERIOUSLY as they should, so yeah

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

It's been said before but part of it is exactly because the hobby is so small that toxic influences sound louder. Christ, Tarnowski's a blogger and sometimes he makes games by ripping off other games, but that's enough to get him a spot on D&D Next which is easily the biggest name in the hobby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

Humanity never ceases to amaze me with its ability to disgust me

• Locked thread