Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So tonight my LGS did the first session of 5e organized play.

Two people showed up.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

If this isn't animated into an infinite tunnel of bubbles by the time I wake up tomorrow, I'm going to be very disappointed in all of you.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

A late entry, but I'll accept that.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

chrisoya posted:

It's like if they published a rogue feat that was literally Cheating At Die-Rolling 101, Power Attack 2: Do You Even Lift, or a druid feat based on the player's bonsai tree.

Someone please write this supplement.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Libertad! posted:

If I write it, will you buy it?

Of course not. I don't play Pathfinder.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Apparently today is Gary Gygax Day.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Burn this hobby to the ground.

Piss on the ashes.

Salt the earth so nothing grows to replace it.

Piss on the salt.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Asymmetrikon posted:

The plan is to fill all current obligations (Reinforcements, Nocturne), then leave and never look back.

Well poo poo, that's pretty loving terrible.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

SageNytell posted:

Edit: A lot of folks seem like they're ready to take their ball and go home
Yo.

quote:

What I'm seeing right now is that we're finding out how large and widespread the problem is, and that's it's going to take long, concerted and focused effort to make changes. Anyone who believes that a few tweets and Google+ posts will immediately fix this long-growing problem is deluding themselves. This is a matter of fixing a pervasive social ill, and as such it's going to take quite a bit of time.

The problem is that everyone's known about the problem for years. They just ignore it, or pull the "can't we just ignore this and play games" card.

Like, I understand that when it comes to everything I enjoy, there's probably someone whose politics or opinions or whatever I don't agree with. And I also realize that just because I disagree with someone, that doesn't slot them immediately into "rear end in a top hat" box.

The problem is that the nature of the hobby/industry is such that it's all up in your face 24/7. The assholes go on being assholes because they know not only is there no chance of punishment, people will back them up.

Hell, someone was driven out of the hobby for the sole crime of wanting to make more inclusive games.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

This hobby is going to give me a loving aneurysm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I can't imagine anyone riding herd on us doing it any better than Winson.

Also I'm sorry I keep reading your name as "Winston". :(

• Locked thread