Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Libertad! posted:

This has nothing to do with Smilin Sammy G.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Libertad! posted:

It sure is! Happy Gary Gygax Day!

I'm going to celebrate by being dead and irrelevant

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Okay, seriously though, who else celebrated?

Winson_Paine posted:

I bought the kid foam polyhedrals to celebrate, she took them to the park and her little pals all played with them.

This is perfect :3:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Before then you didn't really make characters, you just imagined them in the theater of your mind and the DM would make rulings as to what happened. It was a glorious time, before chargen turned everything into a videogame.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Quarex posted:

Is it a fatally bad idea to bring up RPGPundit and Zak S.? It is really interesting reading Mandy Morbid's take on the infinite and unending dramabomb, in the sense that it is interesting reading a third-person account of a conflict that happened 50 years ago that makes absolutely no sense to anyone but the people involved.

It's a call to arms to harass someone Zak doesn't like wrapped up in progressive politics as a tactical ploy, like usual.

There, I just saved you a conversation.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Actually here is a funny story about that:

In the middle of Mandy's whole "Totally not trying to harass anyone! PS: Mikan is actually a lying troll mastermind out to get Zak, here's all the screen/real names they go under, do with that information what you will, Mandy out!" thing, she lists "Smartmonkey" as one of Mikan's aliases.

If you're wondering who Smartmonkey is because you've never heard that name before: I got tipped by an RPGnet poster that Smartmonkey is actually some other poster who happened to make a post about transgendered characters in the d20 subforum while sporting a Kanji Tatsumi avatar. People who know what Persona is: totally part of the grand Mikan conspiracy. :allears:

(If anyone's thinking of letting them know someone painted a target on their back for expressing pro-LGBT opinions, don't bother; RPGnet staff are dealing with it.)

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Davin Valkri posted:

Does that make me a Mikan Renfield/Dhampir/Vampire as well? Or is it only Kanji Tatsumi AVs that are part of the conspyramid?

I don't know, man. I think we need to test this. Someone buy Winson an Adachi avatar.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
I'm backing out of this part of the conversation, but I will say I heard Greg Stolze's favourite kind of liquorice is the little black twisty ones that everybody hates. :aaa:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Mike Olson likes to get the blue shell in Mario Kart and save it for the final lap. Kenneth Hite once filled a dungeon with rust monsters. Robin Laws reposted snape kills dumbledore jpegs. Scott Wegener uses the "doge" meme unironically. Brian Clevinger double-dipped at a party once. Sorry, the hobby sucks.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

potatocubed posted:

What has Fred Hicks actually done? Is it truth-in-the-middle stuff or something else?

It was some "the truth is in the middle" stuff that had a few unintended AOE effects. It's since been taken down, IIRC. I'm gonna leave it at that since I was asked to :shobon:

Ettin fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jul 29, 2014

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Mormon Star Wars posted:

Guys, Vice wrote an article about Whizzards. Dare you enter their magical realm?

Those comments :allears:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
If the internet has taught me anything it's that an SA Trad Games offshoot would ostensibly be about games but actually be about ten guys griping about SA for half a decade.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Lemon Curdistan posted:

turn it into a SA offsite.

"Need" to? :tinfoil:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Jimbozig posted:

Holy poo poo. The guy in the comments who quoted his own line-by-line rebuttal to Zak's rpgnet ban message. My eyes are glazing over with all the excuses.

quote:

In the sixth paragraph of your article, you posted a link about RPG.net's perm-ban of Zak. At the time the ban was issued, I refuted the claims made in the ban in an appeal letter that I sent to the admins. I got a one-word response, "No".

This is going on my Favourite Responses To Bans list along with "the guy who drew fanart of how much he hates me", "the guy who flipped out in PMs over a threadban until he was perma'd and boasted that he'd been "in control of the conversation"" and "the guy who tried to guess Kai Tave's password"

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
My favourite thing about those comments right now is that most of the "defenses" are basically predicated on "Where's the evidence? Real evidence is handed out by the culprit to total strangers when they're circled on G+, so if you haven't circled Zak you must be making this up!"

At least Jeff Rients is just being dumb and not straight-up ridiculous.

Ettin fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jul 31, 2014

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Saguaro PI posted:

This entire thread of argument throughout the whole thing has been amazing. How the gently caress do they expect it to go?

Person: Hey Zak, did you do all these awful things people are saying you did?
Zak: Nope.
Person: Seems legit.

"Seriously guys, my good pal here is dumb like you wouldn't believe. If he did something bad, he would just go around telling everybody like a cartoon parrot. Just flying around, squawking in the face of anyone who walks by. The Dongion? Zak couldn't be involved! Why set up an anonymous blog that only posts your talking points and updates within minutes when someone corrects you when you could just willingly admit it to people who asked? Sure, regular people might just lie or have more than one circle, but you see, Zak is a huge loving dope."

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Your Honour, I move for a mistrial on the grounds that my client is a big dumb idiot baby.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
All of my RPG.net screencaps are serious.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Mormon Star Wars posted:

I had to check to make sure this wasn't an actual Jeff Rients post after "well maybe he had his head in the sand and didn't know his witch hunt list resulted in harassment!"

Jokes aside, the main reason Jeff's being a doofus is that he's shifted the goalposts into demands that everyone abused by a dude who loudly denies that he's done anything wrong and adds anyone who says otherwise to a hit list of ~known frauds~ should approach him in public and ask for an apology before they speak up. Every defense so far basically boils down to "you're not allowed to say anything about harassment until you consult your harasser".

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Of course if you do approach Zak, remember to use short words and pictures and maybe some hand puppets, because according to these comments his ability to not leave everything he does out in the open for random strangers to find is outclassed by the target audience of Sesame Street.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
When Zak first popped up on SA I only appeared to get his back when goons started getting a little too goony at him, then later I found out he'd been calling me "scum" in some private cry thread.

Never again :911:

• Locked thread