Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Gonna make a feat tree about busting out squats and pushups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

frankenfreak posted:

:negative:

I must admit I neglected anything that's not a *-glaive-*.

That's a pretty glaive error.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Saguaro PI posted:

That joke was pretty ransuer wait no, that doesn't work.

That sounds like something guisarme nope, not that either.

Lucerne Hammer? I nearly killed gently caress why is this so hard.

Yeah, these jokes are pretty tricky. I'd stick to Bohemian Earspoonerisms.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
The trick is to workshop them. You know you've got a good one when your audience looks poleaxed.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Error 404 posted:

Are you piking from experience?

Yeah, I kwan tou take this bit on the road someday.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Also we're probably not going to be getting any more Last Stand material after Reinforcements, which is terrible news.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
It is just heartbreaking watching someone go from trying to do cool things in a hobby to trying to fix it to being so disgusted they just up and wash their hands of it.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I've been following on twitter and screaming. And there's nothing to do about it.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
What a disingenuous gently caress.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Also Fred Hicks is a prick, who knew? Who knew how bad everything in this hobby is.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Tulul posted:

Got the idea for Unknown Armies while organizing drunken bum fights in Chicago.

Still suppressing the design of an Electric One Roll Engine.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Rand Brittain posted:

Is that because it's worse, or because tabletop gaming doesn't actually have that many levels past the surface level?

Oh, must there be a choice?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Winson_Paine posted:

I would have said QCS but that works too

Is there a difference?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

ProfessorCirno posted:

If you want to set up group combos rather then individual player ones, I've always felt this is something popcorn initiative would be amazing at, but nobody's ever really tried, since it's built explicitly around choosing who goes next in a round. Rather then each player setting up their own combo of moves, you could have each player use a single ability to build a greater combo, and even add more complex ones that require you to let baddies go between characters to counter/combo off them.

Something like Marvel Heroic uses? That game had a sort of soft incentive to combo up assets and complications before trying to inflict damage on enemies, so it wouldn't be out of reach to make a more hardcoded system.

• Locked thread