Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

TheSpookyDanger posted:

I've been playing through Divinity: Original Sin, and it got me wondering about AP systems. Are there any PnP games that use an actual Action Point system like Fallout or Divinity?

The Dark Heresy reboot did, before they scrapped it. It was basically just a more granular version of the two Half actions you got in the original; what used to cost a Half action cost 2 AP and you got 4 per turn.

Now that you mention it, I'm kind of surprised that not many more games have tried something like it. The ability to just add or subtract AP seems like it would be a decent endrun around the whole action economy problem that a lot of games have.

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

Cassa posted:

If Greg Stolze turns out to be a bastard as well I'm going to be super mad about buying that ORE pack.

Got the idea for Unknown Armies while organizing drunken bum fights in Chicago.

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

Ettin posted:

It was some "the truth is in the middle" stuff that had a few unintended AOE effects. It's since been taken down, IIRC. It's best to leave it at that since the person y'all are talking about would rather you didn't :shobon:

4th level evocation, 10 forums/level, 1d6 damage per CL, minorities take double damage.

But seriously, why should we not talk about it? It's perfectly fair to say that you hosed up and apologize for it, but trying to pretend you never did anything bad in the first place is kind of lovely in itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

Kai Tave posted:

I don't know how I'd feel about it if I was the one literally being harassed by Zak S' 2,000 followers after his girlfriend called me out of whatever. Like, it's one thing to say "don't let the assholes win!" but if the alternative is finding another hobby to focus on that's just as fun/fulfilling and doesn't result in you being harassed by creepy idiot assholes then maybe that's not the worst plan?

I absolutely don't blame anyone who gets fed up with the bullshit and harassment and walks out, but we also can't allow people to be driven out of the hobby. That's awful from every perspective and I think people leaving will just spur Zak S and the like on. I just don't know what the solution is and I wish I did.

Incidentally:

:allears:

• Locked thread