Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Well, we've reached another June, goons.

Bush is on his way out, gas prices have never been higher, and 4th edition has just launched.

After a half decade of 3e, we're seeing something new out of D&D. I know some people feel like arguing about martial healing, the death of multiclassing, and anime art, but keep all the edition warring to YCS.

Let's just enjoy another warm summer by hiding indoors in our parent's basement talking about elfgames.

Covok fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jul 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Catastrophe
Jun 26, 2014
(edit) Wrong thread, obv.

A Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jul 19, 2014

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

A Catastrophe posted:

(edit) Wrong thread, obv.

You were posting about RANGERS I bet

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.
Man, I am SO EXCITED for D&D 4th edition! It's going to be awesome. Have you seen that hilarious preview video with the guy grappling the ogre?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Gau posted:

Man, I am SO EXCITED for D&D 4th edition! It's going to be awesome. Have you seen that hilarious preview video with the guy grappling the ogre?

It was so true to form, wasn't it? And I love how I could not tell what accent he had or what he was saying. How about the gnome flash videos or the one with the Lady of Pain with the excessive gore? Brilliant.

Rawr, I'm a monster!

Winson_Paine posted:

I mean they had a good run. They actually broke a record for most doubles in a single season. Go rangers, right?

Covok fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jul 19, 2014

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!
At-will powers for Fighters?!

Magic rituals that ANY class can use?

What it this poo poo, Chrono Trigger? Keep that weeaboo bullshit in Tome of Battle splatbooks, where they belong!

Libertad! fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jul 19, 2014

Covok
May 27, 2013

Libertad! posted:

At-will powers for Fighters?!

Magic rituals that ANY class can use?

What it this poo poo, Chrono Trigger? Keep that weeaboo bullshit in Tome of Battle splatbooks, where they belong!

Hey, hey, hey. Take that stuff to Your Console Sucks, thank you.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

Covok posted:

Hey, hey, hey. Take that stuff to Your Console Sucks, thank you.

You can't silence me! Free speech means that I can say whatever I want!

RIP Dungeons & Dragons
1972-2008

Covok
May 27, 2013

Libertad! posted:

You can't silence me! Free speech means that I can say whatever I want!

RIP Dungeons & Dragons
1972-2008

If it makes you feel better, I heard rumors that Paizo will continue supporting 3.5.

Now, take your teenage nerd tears back to live journal where it belongs.

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.
4E looks kind of cool, but I've been playing around with the Pathfinder playtest a lot lately, and I think I'm going to end up liking it more than 4E. It's like 3.5, but way better and a lot more streamlined. There are still some rough spots to work out, but I'm sure they'll work them all out. I'm really excited for it!

Covok
May 27, 2013

I saw their flowchart for grappling. I think their addition of CAB and CMD might lead to one of my players possibly considering to grapple once maybe. Still, I feel like supporting WotC and D&D. True fans follow blindly.

A Catastrophe
Jun 26, 2014

Winson_Paine posted:

B-but I am a new arrival in these environs! How could I possibly be posting in a thread in 2008?

Covok
May 27, 2013

A Catastrophe posted:

B-but I am a new arrival in these environs! How could I possibly be posting in a thread in 2008?

Don't Question The Thread Title. Do Not Think. Obey. Type. Post.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

Tulul posted:

4E looks kind of cool, but I've been playing around with the Pathfinder playtest a lot lately, and I think I'm going to end up liking it more than 4E. It's like 3.5, but way better and a lot more streamlined. There are still some rough spots to work out, but I'm sure they'll work them all out. I'm really excited for it!

Awesome, I'm participating in it right now! There's no way things will screw up!

Oh no, Frank Trollman and the Gaming Den are getting into fights because the Paizo developers won't use his Tome series in their work. And he said via PM to another poster that the real reason he acts like a jerk is to further his agenda because people won't notice him if he doesn't act obnoxious, "like Fox News or the Chinese Media."

Aaaaaand he's been banned, and now he's getting his fans to quote him back on the Paizo boards. Back on the Den he's making juvenile homophobic jokes about how Jason Bulhman allegedly likes receiving oral sex from male fans after loving them in the rear end. This is highly inappropriate.

This actually happened.

Libertad! fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jul 19, 2014

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
I usually play cleric, and I'm really excited about having something to do with my turns other than cure light wounds over and over! High hopes for 4th!

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I preordered these books! I'm looking forward to a roleplaying experience that keeps everything I enjoyed from 3.x, but iteratively improves on it.

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

Has anyone seen the new World of Darkness books? I'm debating picking them up. Do you need the core book to play Vampire or whatever?

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

I'm particularly concerned about whether or not Eberron's timeline moves forward. Wizards better keep the best D&D setting metaplot-free!

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

I'm super excited, Fighters get to do things! \o/ And Warlords look nice, martial all the way!

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
Who cares about D&D? I want to talk about how I just spent over a hundred bucks on a playset of Underground Seas. God, what a ripoff.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Attorney at Funk posted:

Who cares about D&D? I want to talk about how I just spent over a hundred bucks on a playset of Underground Seas. God, what a ripoff.

I know, right? Hopefully as soon as Wizards realizes how high the price is rising, they'll use the foil loophole to ensure that supply remains adequate.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Hi, I just played D&D for the first time at a preview of the new edition in a dusty strip mall game store with my friends, and our fat, awkward DM of indeterminate age touched my bare arm while saying "level drain".

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Hi, I preordered the 4e box set, but I just got an email saying they didn't make enough books for the first run to satisfy all the preorders, so my order will be delayed three weeks while they do a second printing and send those out. But I just went to Barnes and Noble and they've got like 10 box sets sitting on the shelves. What the gently caress.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Oh loving great, now there's a bad storm in the midwest, and my shipping is being delayed another week.

Oh awesome, the delivery guy pretended to knock on my door and left a "We missed you, come pick up your package from the post office" note on my door, because he didn't feel like carrying the box down the driveway. So now I have to go drive 5 miles past the Barnes and Noble where all my friends bought 4e books over a month ago, to go pick up books I preordered a year in advance.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

A friend just invited me to make a character for his Mage: The Awakening game. I've never played a tabletop RPG at all before and the game is set in Kansas City. Is Death a good arcanum to specialize in or should I go with Prime?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Who cares about D&D.

Honestly if I wanted to do fantasy, I'd probably just make a Spirit of the Century hack for it. I tell ya this FATE poo poo rules.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tieflings in the PHB? sign me the gently caress up

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
$35 for a box of space marines?!?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Der Waffle Mous posted:

$35 for a box of space marines?!?

I just got the new Ork codex, what a disappointment.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I've come from the future to warn you about Benghazi! Wait, what's this? I'm fading away... I've done it! I've sto

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

I'LL GET YOU THIS YEAR! EVEN IF I SAID THIS LAST YEAR TOOOOOO
God I love the smell of salty succubi in the morning
Where are my Gnomes man

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree
These dragonborn people sound super rad, first character is going to be a dragonborn.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost
I haven't really been paying attention to the new D&D since our last 3.5 campaign ended when we discovered caster supremacy. It sounds like the new one's supposed to be okay? Maybe I'll check it out if someone decides to run it.

On the other hand, I'm just getting back into the hobby after a hiatus and recruited a few people from the FLGS for an Exalted 2e game. It should be fun! And there's no way it'll crash and burn once the first player gets Infinite Melee Mastery and combat balance goes off the rails. That almost never happens.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Whoo, 2008! I barely even know or acknowledge that there is an independent gaming scene.

Still playing Arcana Evolved, but I'll take a look at 4th ed around Christmas. Let's play D&D forever and never consider any other genres or games!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm just so excited for 4th ed, finally Wizards is going in a new direction with D&D, breaking a few sacred cows, and most of all seems to be ignoring the very vocal minority that are acting like this is somehow destroying their old editions in the process. I almost can't wait to see what 5th edition will be once they refine some concepts tried out here!

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

A Catastrophe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UqFPujRZWo

I'M A MONSTER

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I think we really need a discussion forum. Games are drowning out the few threads that we have.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ugh the pbps can't stay alive under the flood of mafia games

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Must be a slow weekend. Onto posted only 3 recruits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

DalaranJ posted:

Whoo, 2008! I barely even know or acknowledge that there is an independent gaming scene.

Still playing Arcana Evolved, but I'll take a look at 4th ed around Christmas. Let's play D&D forever and never consider any other genres or games!

Games other than D&D? Hell, I am not even aware people still play traditional games. Maybe in college I will have a rulelawyer roomate who will force me to sit down for a medicore campaign that will cause me to like such things.

• Locked thread