Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I like games and games accessories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Flaw = Complication, Trouble, Setback.
Maybe focus on it as something that gets in your way that you must deal with rather than as something wrong with you?

Alternately, maybe don't use stuff like Deaf in any kind of mechanical sense, and instead leave that in the realm of things a player can choose to have for their character. You don't have a flaw for only having one eye, or missing a limb do you?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Jimbozig posted:

I don't have a list of flaws at all. They are chosen by the player. I'm just making a pre-gen.

Trouble... Would "Trouble: Deaf" still be offensive? I think it might, based on my experiences with deaf people (I've been learning ASL for a few years now).

Essentially, I'm looking for a short punchy word that encapsulates the idea of "a source of complications"

In that case, I think Setback might be a good option for you.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Talkc posted:

So I need some help here. I'm looking to see what good narrative driven mecha rpg's there are. And since that particular word soup is rather thick, ill say i also need any Mech RPG.

Theres a little conspiracy of maybe our group doing a second run of a really awesome mech campaign one of us ran, and we kinda need a new system. We ran in FATE Accelerated at the time, which was well, just a tad TOO rules light.

So any insight as to whats out there would be great.

EDIT: Sigh, search function i hate you. Didnt notice the other chat threads couldnt figure out where to post .....

I don't now of any specific mecha systems that'd work, but one thing to consider, you might go with dual systems. Run everything "outside the mechs" in FAE like you've been doing, and then "other system" for your giant robot punchmans battles.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Is this the Elminster fanfic thread? :haw:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Covok posted:

I heard Elminster likes to have parties with Ed Greenwood by using a portal to cross worlds. (I swear this is a thing).

post the Elminster-est fics you got (56k likes Dragonlance)

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Moola posted:

I like models.

I like turtles :buddy:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Moola posted:

Haha funny video dude, where'd you find that?!!??!!

This place called...the internet. It's gonna be a big deal someday.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
A magical place full of rainbows and farts in he own mouf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

FactsAreUseless posted:

Chat threads will never die.

Fuckin A right.

• Locked thread