Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Doji Suave
Dec 31, 2004

Jimbozig posted:

Yeah, that would be perfect. The problem is that I already use the word a whole bunch in the rules text. I'd rather not have to differentiate between challenges and Challenges, you know?

So far, I think Complication is the winner. But I'd still love to hear from a deaf person on the issue. Maybe I'll just email my ASL instructor and out myself as a gamer nerd. It'd be easier to explain the issue to someone familiar with RPGs, though.

As an aside, I wish I could play in an ASL roleplaying game. That would be the best way to learn ASL that I can imagine - I've already got a decent vocabulary, but the hard part for me now is describing things not present, putting them in relation to one another, etc. All the stuff you do in an RPG! ASL is missing a ton of grammatical forms we have in English and you get the same ideas across by the way you use the space in which you are signing, your facial expressions and more. An entirely different sort of grammar. It's a lot harder than learning German, I'll say that much. But it's also a lot of fun.

Maybe use Hurdle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread