Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Fandyien posted:

What would you define male circumcision as then? That is mutilation of a body without consent, and yet it is widely practiced in the United States.

:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
A-amazing... Two joke's passing in the night...

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I would just like to say again that I learned about FGC from someone who underwent it., who in fact moved back to her home after moving to the US for graduate school (I think she was from Sudan) to undergo the procedure. I would also like to reiterate that I do disagree with stage three, which is a form of mutilation. However, stage one and two are very similar to male circumcision, and women in the US also undergo stage one to make their genitalia look more appealing. If you're going to be so staunchly against a practice that has been done for centuries in many different African and Middle Eastern communities, you should also be against baby boys being circumcised.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Fandyien posted:

anyone else think western culture is objectively superior?

its considered poor form to outright say so. We just kind of let it speak for itself.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Fandyien posted:

anyone else think western culture is objectively superior?

can't judge, bro. it's a slippery slope.

can't judge.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I can't tell how many levels of irony are going on here. How about we don't cut any parts off any babies besides like sixth fingers and tails. The main holdouts of either type are the southern US and the middle east. Really makes ya think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Germstore posted:

I can't tell how many levels of irony are going on here. How about we don't cut any parts off any babies besides like sixth fingers and tails. The main holdouts of either type are the southern US and the middle east. Really makes ya think.

the majority of fgm occurs in a belt that runs along the south edge of the sahara and in a belt that runs from egypt to tanzania, and the only prevalent areas outside of africa to practice it are yemen and iraqi kurds, with smaller populations in indonesia and malaysia and in immigrant populations from these areas

• Locked thread