Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
The time is nigh. The swelling of the curve on your club's boom-bust cycle. The haul of meaningless "tournament" trophies to stuff in the cabinet. The first glimpse of the record high transfer signing - on artificial turf in an NFL stadium. The thrill of humiliating the best of the best A-League and MLS soccer stars.

It's preseason friendly season. And since we're all addicts and will probably watch them and talk about them, here's a thread to stuff all of your uselessfriendly thoughts. Let's have a glimpse of some highlights from recent years.

phwoar

Important Competitions
]International Champions Cup - July 24 to August 4
Schalke 04 Cup - August 2 to 3
Emirates Cup - August 2 to 3
MLS All Star game - vs. Bayern Munich, August 6
A League All Star game - vs. Juventus, August 10
Berlusconi Trophy - idk, I couldn't find anything about it yet, maybe some Italian speaking mods or other good lads might know

There's probably more, but who really gives a poo poo tbh.

Where Can I Watch These Matches?
Wiziwig has their own section for friendlies, so they'll all probably be here if there's at least a webcam on the stadium roof streaming to the member's section of the club website

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I'm friendly with your mam. She's a spurs fan. From Malaysia.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Pissflaps posted:

I'm friendly with your mam. She's a spurs fan. From Malaysia.

This is her favorite time of year. She's been working hard on her Andros Townsend cardboard sign.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

First match of the Poch era about to kick off against the Sounders. No WC players in the squad, and I think this is a good test to see if Holtby and Capoue merit a better first team look

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Who is Xander Bailey

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Paddyb posted:

Who is Xander Bailey

Make A Wish kid who wanted to play for the Sounders. It was a pretty nice thing :)

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
I didn't have it on then, but apparently he got through on goal, only to be denied by Freidel. Somebody must've forgotten to tell him he was a Make-A-Wish kid

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Real Name Grover posted:

I didn't have it on then, but apparently he got through on goal, only to be denied by Freidel. Somebody must've forgotten to tell him he was a Make-A-Wish kid

Must have been an agreed-on thing where he'd take a crap shot on goal, I was hoping he would loop one in there

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Carrol has been quite good so far. So has Naughton

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Xander Bailey would have scored that

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Dawson is absolutely horrid

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Yeah he has been atrocious so far

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
lol spurs are poo poo

TasmanianX
Jan 7, 2009

Just Kick 'Em

Food Court Druid posted:

lol spurs are poo poo

3-2

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

3-3

TasmanianX
Jan 7, 2009

Just Kick 'Em
Fight breaking out at "friendly" game

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

TasmanianX posted:

Fight breaking out at "friendly" game

Did Balotelli do a backheel again?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Xander Bailey is a garbageman

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
lollin' at all the Ingerlanders watching literal MLS teams because there is no other soccer on.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Maoist Pussy posted:

lollin' at all the Ingerlanders watching literal MLS teams because there is no other soccer on.

Who?

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

quote:

But [Colchester United's] fitness told in the second half with Freddie Sears continuing his outstanding pre-season form with four more goals taking his tally to nine so far.

One for West Ham fans. Friendlies tend to mean absolutely nothing, especially against local non-league sides, but if he has an injury-free season it could be a big one. Hopefully he's found his level at League One.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

HJB posted:

One for West Ham fans. Friendlies tend to mean absolutely nothing, especially against local non-league sides, but if he has an injury-free season it could be a big one. Hopefully he's found his level at League One.

I still laugh when I remember his career trajectory after his debut lol, score a winner in your first game and coast on that for 2 years without scoring again

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Bogan Krkic posted:

I still laugh when I remember his career trajectory after his debut lol, score a winner in your first game and coast on that for 2 years without scoring again

Federico Macheda

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Bogan Krkic posted:

Danny Rose

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
https://mobile.twitter.com/BlackpoolFC/status/490487256793505793

This was Blackpool's lineup for their friendly against Penrith FC. They have 8 first team players and 3 youth team players. No goalie on the books.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Why not watch a real match when the mighty FCK takes on Silkeborg in the Danish Superleague, the 19th best league in Europe

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

quote:

Our colleagues at Canal + report this morning that 6 Shakhtar Donetsk players missed their flight from Lyon last night after yesterday’s pre season friendly with Les Gones because they do not want to return to Ukraine.

They are currently completely unaccounted for in France.

The players are: Teixeira, Fred, Dentinho, Douglas Costa and Ferreyra + one other unidentified.

Can't blame em lol

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

blue footed boobie posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BlackpoolFC/status/490487256793505793

This was Blackpool's lineup for their friendly against Penrith FC. They have 8 first team players and 3 youth team players. No goalie on the books.

No manager either iirc

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Trialist was all over the place

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Hey OP, the Berlusconi trophy might not be played this year because Inzaghi doesn't want to be embarrassed. And also because the USA/Asia friendlies are much more lucrative.

Instead, why not try the Trofeo TIM? It's a triangular tournament between Milan, Juve and another to be determined team. Last year it was Sassuolo and they won. The matches all happen on one day and they're all only 45 minutes long. I don't know when it is this year, but since TIM owns the major sponsorship for the league and Coppa Italia, it's definitely happening.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
So AS Monaco is playing a Colombian team close to my house... anyone got the lineup that played last week? I know Berbatov scored a belter but that's about it. Don't feel like paying $50+ fees to see the C team.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Weaponized Cum posted:

So AS Monaco is playing a Colombian team close to my house... anyone got the lineup that played last week? I know Berbatov scored a belter but that's about it. Don't feel like paying $50+ fees to see the C team.

If you click the "Line ups" tab on this page, it has the squad: http://www.asm-fc.com/en/live/07-20-2014-atletico-junior-asmfc-898.html

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

trem_two posted:

If you click the "Line ups" tab on this page, it has the squad: http://www.asm-fc.com/en/live/07-20-2014-atletico-junior-asmfc-898.html

cheers

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I started watching the West Ham game against Wellington and the Phoenix are already a goal up inside 12 min lol

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

lmao 2-0

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Collins is so bad

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

West Ham are getting bossed by Albert Riera, a man who signed his first professional contract last year at the age of 29

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008

Bogan Krkic posted:

West Ham are getting bossed by Albert Riera, a man who signed his first professional contract last year at the age of 29

Enjoying this

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

the game is on at http://super-streams.net/channel1.htm if you'd like to watch along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008
good opportunity for west ham if some of their players stand up they may be in line for contracts to play for the nix in transfer window

• Locked thread