Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

TheGoatFeeder posted:

THIS! My mate that supports United text me this morning unironically saying that Herrera is better than Silva, so i'm crapping myself, United are back.

Just had to google who Silva was, sounds rubbish.

LVG is gonna win us the league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Edit : Ooops double post?

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

The Big Taff Man posted:

Edit : Ooops double post?

agreed

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
I like how LVG has us playing the 3-4-3 I think it will be both exciting to watch and fully sick.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
van Gaal is 6 letters, does he really need a TLA?

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Tsaedje posted:

van Gaal is 6 letters, does he really need a TLA?

get your counting fingers out mate

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Modus Trollens posted:

get your counting fingers out mate

:lol: whoops. The point still stands.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Are Kansas any good by MLS standards?

Is Kansas

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Imagine thinking to yourself "Daniele Bonera and Cristian Zaccardo deserve a new contract" and not committing yourself to a mental institution.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Man wtf is up with Gareth Bale's plastic hair band he's wearing in that interview they just showed at halftime of the Milan match.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Imagine thinking to yourself "Daniele Bonera and Cristian Zaccardo deserve a new contract" and not committing yourself to a mental institution.

:ohdear:

loving Bonera, good god

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I just heard Inzaghi scream "andiamo andiamo andiamo!!"

It appears some things don't change.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Phwoaaaar what a hit

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

That was ridiculous

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Ok, nothing that the Milan defenders could've done about that one.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Phwoar now that's a good goal.

Also I like that whatever dude is commentating hasn't even noticed that Gabriel got subbed out and keeps saying his name.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Gonna go ahead and blame Bonera for all of this, and the upcoming season as well.

Inzaghi is still figuring things out as well, it seems. This is still the Allegri 4-3-3 that doesn't work.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
That cummerbund shirt looks dumb as hell.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

That cummerbund shirt looks dumb as hell.

It's ugly as sin and almost as bad as the team that wears it.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
There is going to be a FC Porto 2004 - Barcelona 2006 game today in the Dragão, to celebrate Deco's career.

This is the confirmed list so far:

FC Porto 2004: Vítor Baía, Pedro Emanuel, Carlos Secretário, Paulo Ferreira, Mário Silva, Sérgio Conceição, Costinha, Maniche, Jankauskas, Derlei, Benni McCarthy, Jorge Costa, Pedro Mendes, Dmitri Alenichev, Nuno Valente, Ricardo Costa, Jorge Andrade, Ricardo Fernandes, Bruno Vale, Rubens Júnior e Bruno Moraes.

FC Barcelona 2006: Juliano Belletti, Carles Puyol, Edmílson, Sylvinho, Oleguer, Xavi Hernández, Giovanni van Bronckhorst, Mark van Bommel, Samuel Eto’o, Lionel Messi, Santi Ezquerro, Eidur Gudjohnsen, Ludovic Giuly, Albert Jorquera, Gabri, Sonny Anderson, Gerard e Ronaldinho Gaúcho.

Sadly Mou couldn't make it, but it's still gonna be a hell of a game. 19h45 GMT.

DriveC
Oct 27, 2008

Going to Gamestop at midnight for Halo: ODST. Didn't pre order. The guy on the phone told me I *might* get a copy. Whatever dude.

KoldPT posted:

There is going to be a FC Porto 2004 - Barcelona 2006 game today in the Dragão, to celebrate Deco's career.

This is the confirmed list so far:

FC Porto 2004: Vítor Baía, Pedro Emanuel, Carlos Secretário, Paulo Ferreira, Mário Silva, Sérgio Conceição, Costinha, Maniche, Jankauskas, Derlei, Benni McCarthy, Jorge Costa, Pedro Mendes, Dmitri Alenichev, Nuno Valente, Ricardo Costa, Jorge Andrade, Ricardo Fernandes, Bruno Vale, Rubens Júnior e Bruno Moraes.

FC Barcelona 2006: Juliano Belletti, Carles Puyol, Edmílson, Sylvinho, Oleguer, Xavi Hernández, Giovanni van Bronckhorst, Mark van Bommel, Samuel Eto’o, Lionel Messi, Santi Ezquerro, Eidur Gudjohnsen, Ludovic Giuly, Albert Jorquera, Gabri, Sonny Anderson, Gerard e Ronaldinho Gaúcho.

Sadly Mou couldn't make it, but it's still gonna be a hell of a game. 19h45 GMT.

This on BEin in the states

Benni McCarthy is really fat

Also Ronaldinho couldn't make it or something

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Seems Edgar Davids is replacing Ronaldinho. Not going to watch but glad some great players showed up, Deco was a classy player.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Seems Edgar Davids is replacing Ronaldinho. Not going to watch but glad some great players showed up, Deco was a classy player.

Really classy drug suspension

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Bogan Krkic posted:

West Ham are getting bossed by Albert Riera, a man who signed his first professional contract last year at the age of 29

umm

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

African AIDS cum posted:

Really classy drug suspension

He was a classy player in Porto and Barca I didn't really follow his career after that but good luck playing in Brazil without doing drugs to dull the pain...place's a shithole

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Mean Bean Machine posted:

He was a classy player in Porto and Barca I didn't really follow his career after that but good luck playing in Brazil without doing drugs to dull the pain...place's a shithole

I do not believe Deco took drugs to dull the pain in his shithole, he's seems like the type of guy who's all natty in at least that respect.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Wrong Albert Riera m8, it's this guy

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Bogan Krkic posted:

Wrong Albert Riera m8, it's this guy

lolll

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
And yet he was the OFC Golden Ball, hahaha

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

advanced statsman posted:

And yet he was the OFC Golden Ball, hahaha

He's actually pretty decent for A-League standards but being better than a bunch of New Zealanders and Fijians is hardly a glowing indictment of quality. iirc he was only playing semi-pro in NZ before he signed for the 'Nix because he was on a working holiday travelling the world, before that he was a paramedic in Spain?

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Bogan Krkic posted:

He's actually pretty decent for A-League standards but being better than a bunch of New Zealanders and Fijians is hardly a glowing indictment of quality. iirc he was only playing semi-pro in NZ before he signed for the 'Nix because he was on a working holiday travelling the world, before that he was a paramedic in Spain?

Yeah i just read an interview and he seems like a chill dude. What a weird story.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

you can't spell auckland city without cuck

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

advanced statsman posted:

Yeah i just read an interview and he seems like a chill dude. What a weird story.

I love it op, it proves that it's literally not too late for me to sell all my poo poo and go travelling around the world and accidentally become a professional footballer

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Bogan Krkic posted:

I love it op, it proves that it's literally not too late for me to sell all my poo poo and go travelling around the world and accidentally become a professional footballer

Yeah but you're Australian. You'd have to go to like, Fiji or Canada.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Everyone look up the goals Deco scored in that friendly because they're pretty ace.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Lmao West Ham have gone a goal down to Sydney FC inside 5 min

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

AHAHAH 2-0 West Ham are absolute shite

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
love watching a big black unit with a v high centre of gravity repeteadley failing to dribble past poo poo aussie players in the midfield

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

for anyone else who wants to watch this shitshow theres an awful stream at http://u-peak.me/bt1.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Friendlies don't matter, but the worrying thing for West Ham is, they're only 3 weeks out from their start.. we're still 11 weeks out and only started training last week in prep for this tour.

I think the players are going to go on a break again after this match.

• Locked thread