Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Parallax Scroll posted:

any fan base thats full of ~theories~ is poo poo

That's all of them

So, uh, correct

Neurosis posted:

i agree with this post

b5 dropped the ball a bit towards the end (lovely first half of season 5 anyway) and ds9 did some questionable things but i'll still rewatch both and enjoy them whereas so much of bsg related to arcs that weren't just fumbled but dropped into an empty nuclear missile silo then shat on from a great height that i have no desire to ever see it again

The very best Babylon 5 episodes (what people tell me were the very best Babylon 5 episodes, like hell I'm going to watch the rest to find out) are still terrible by non-nerd-TV standards while I distinctly remember stuff like 33 and uh I think that presidential election arc? being real good even if you never watched the last season (I didn't) so why even give a poo poo that the show winds up being terrible, this is like when people whine about how reboots of 80s franchises are "raping their childhood"

Like sorry if you didn't realise the show just wasn't going to get better again around the half-cylon messiah baby thing and bail but if you can't enjoy something you liked watching the first time anymore because you know one of its dozen B-plots gets resolved poorly twenty episodes down the road that's really all you homeboy

Tubgirl Cosplay fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jul 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Babylon 5 was pretty ruined by the network telling Straczynski that they were going to cancel the show at some point in Season 3/4, so he rushed the ending of his metaplot, but then the ratings picked up and the network decided to keep running it, and he was like WELP

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
BSG is Oregon Trail in space

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Flesh Forge posted:

Babylon 5 was pretty ruined by the network telling Straczynski that they were going to cancel the show at some point in Season 3/4, so he rushed the ending of his metaplot, but then the ratings picked up and the network decided to keep running it, and he was like WELP

the rushed part was really good tho

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Sure, it was awesome, but then there's the 1.5 years of WELP

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Falsum posted:

Season 2 finale - Starbuck: I'm back and I know where to go!
Season 3 opening episode - Starbuck: lol women drivers I can't remember where to go

OH BOY

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Falsum posted:

"The Ionian nebula is ten light-years across.

>Attempt to ford the nebula
>Caulk the battlestar and drift across"

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Falsum posted:

that's sort of what that game FTL is

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Falsum posted:

Comforting to know that even in the space future people still spend their starting money entirely on bullets

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Snak posted:

season 3 ep 10

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

i wanted more fan service between adama and roslin, what the gently caress she says "i love you" and he says "ABOUT TIME"

gently caress U BILL ADAMA

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I would have hosed the hair right off of Roslin's head.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Flesh Forge posted:

Sure, it was awesome, but then there's the 1.5 years of WELP

ppl try and defend the fifth season but the fact that everything straczynski made after babylon 5 was pretty bad i think proves that the man had one story to tell and that was babylon 5, so its a real shame we lost the original plan and full 5 seasons of the shadow war / liberation of earth

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

the last episode was really good but iirc that was filmed during the 4th season, cause otherwise it would have been the last ep of the 4th season

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGO53cK-5vE

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

I'm gonna built it right there Laura where there's no loving trees.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Decrepus posted:

I would have hosed the hair right off of Roslin's head.

cancer sex is the best sex

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Snak posted:

*The whole crew just got their dicks stuck in cylons*

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

How many hitpoints did Adama have? That poo poo was ridiculous.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

etalian posted:

*The whole crew just got their dicks stuck in cylons*

"Dualla has died of depression"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Kat has radiation poisoning.