Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
S3 was mostly not good. The beginning was alright and maybe there were a few good ones at the end, but most was just monster of the week filler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Jeffrey posted:

S3 was mostly not good. The beginning was alright and maybe there were a few good ones at the end, but most was just monster of the week filler.

exodus part 2 was really cool and the pegasus suicide run and dropship was all HELLYEAH at the time. it's too bad they didn't have the budget to have cool rear end battles and poo poo for 45 minutes each episode.

'cause yea it was pretty much when it went downhill with all stupid religiousgod cylon filler babble while baltar wanders around in cylon wombship with fuzzy cam because they had no money for anything else

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012
the best episode imo was when the whiny mechanic girl got blown out the airlock, like what a sigh of relief, gently caress off annoying face

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hesh Ballantine posted:

the best episode imo was when the whiny mechanic girl got blown out the airlock, like what a sigh of relief, gently caress off annoying face

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Kimmalah posted:

I'm pretty sure I watched BSG until the end, but I seriously cannot remember much of anything beyond when they went down to that planet to settle. It's all just a blur because the whole plot was such a mess.

I have this problem with Season 4 in particular. The plot tempo is so frantic and the plot itself is so nonsensical that most of it beyond the main highlights just falls right out of my head.

They spent like a whole season doing the search for Kobol and stuff, and then they wrap up literally all the major conflicts in the entire series in like three episodes.

Seriously though Blood and Chrome makes Season 4 look like an A-grade production. It was blatantly obvious from the pacing that it was originally a series of 7-10 minute shorts that they spliced together.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Paul MaudDib posted:

They spent like a whole season doing the search for Kobol, and then they wrap up literally all the major conflicts in the entire series in like three episodes.

i don't remember, why didnt they just live on kobol? seemed like a pretty habitable planet with a lot of resources. maybe at the time they were worried cylons would catch up, but then after all the poo poo that went down and they became best friends, why didnt they just go back to it since they knew where it was at least?

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Xaris posted:

i don't remember, why didnt they just live on kobol? seemed like a pretty habitable planet with a lot of resources. maybe at the time they were worried cylons would catch up, but then after all the poo poo that went down and they became best friends, why didnt they just go back to it since they knew where it was at least?

Well they broke their ship killing all the bad Cylons, and with their last jump they randomly managed to find a habitable planet, so settling there probably seemed like a better idea than crowding onto the basestars and spending another year jumping back to Kobol

e: Also I forgot about the supernova. That would probably not be a good thing for Kobol's habitability.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jul 21, 2014

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
Also remember that time they built a stealth ship so cool that not even the Cylons could see it, out of spare Viper parts they had lying around? And then how after resolving a single plot it got shot up and no one ever spoke of it again?

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jul 21, 2014

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
I would just like to interject that I hope to live long enough to be around when really hot sex robots like Six are finally real.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

demonR6 posted:

I would just like to interject that I hope to live long enough to be around when really hot sex robots like Six are finally real.

Really hot sex robots that can get pregnant and constantly talk about God? You can't even destroy them unless you get the resurrection ship too.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Xaris posted:

exodus part 2 was really cool and the pegasus suicide run and dropship was all HELLYEAH at the time. it's too bad they didn't have the budget to have cool rear end battles and poo poo for 45 minutes each episode.

'cause yea it was pretty much when it went downhill with all stupid religiousgod cylon filler babble while baltar wanders around in cylon wombship with fuzzy cam because they had no money for anything else

heh sounds like you're just an ~angry atheist~, bsg was all about god the entire time :smug:

:smug:

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

heh sounds like you're just an ~angry atheist~, bsg was all about god the entire time :smug:

this but unironically

TryAgainBragg
May 5, 2014

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

heh sounds like you're just an ~angry atheist~, bsg was poorly written all about god the entire time :smug:

fixed

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

gently caress, ronald d. moore trolled the poo poo out of me for several years. 10/10 great series

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

space mormons with a tasty chocolate outer coating to help it go down easier.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

I marathoned that show a few months ago for the second time, but this time I only went to the midseason finale of season 4 where they get to earth then I stopped watching, and it seems like a much, much better show when you end it there.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

im pooping! posted:

I marathoned that show a few months ago for the second time, but this time I only went to the midseason finale of season 4 where they get to earth then I stopped watching, and it seems like a much, much better show when you end it there.

But you missed the part where they all agree to throw away everything that makes their lives bearable and spend the remainder of their awful, disease-ridden time raping cavemen.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Spakstik posted:

But you missed the part where they all agree to throw away everything that makes their lives bearable and spend the remainder of their awful, disease-ridden time raping cavemen.

technology is bad so lets die of a pants making GBS threads disease instead.

aka the ending is deciding that humanity just survived the nuclear fire in order to live like Indians

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Vengarr posted:

Post your favorite made-up swear words ITT

*ctrl-f "shazbot" not found*

shazbot

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Mortimer posted:

*ctrl-f "shazbot" not found*

shazbot

v-g-s

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Spakstik posted:

he's referring to the first earth they found where it was a post-atomic wasteland

...that magically was still too radioactive to live on even after over a thousand years

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

5 pages and not one usage of the word "felgercarb"

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Do you think Gaeta ever pegged somebody with his peg leg

Because Gaeta seems totally the type to go pegging

e: Also, I like how Zombie Starbuck's incompetence leg to Gaeta losing a leg and causing him to start a mutiny. Everything bad that happened was Starbuck's fault, at least until her ghost dad taught her how to play Dylan or some poo poo, seriously why that song of all songs.

e2: I mistyped "led" as "leg" in the above edit but I'm gonna keep it because it's funnier that way.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jul 22, 2014

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

vgx!

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I feel bad for the black cylon who was introduced as an evil rape doctor experimenting on human women and then did nothing of note for the rest of the show aside from standing around in the background while the important cylons talked

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

vgtb

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I feel bad for the black cylon who was introduced as an evil rape doctor experimenting on human women and then did nothing of note for the rest of the show aside from standing around in the background while the important cylons talked

the crotchety old white man always runs things, even 250k years ago.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

My first exposure to BSG was when it first aired on SciFi. It was the second half of the episode where Starbuck gets shot down and she goes inside of the Raider and is grabbing his tentacles and getting all gooey cylon cum all over her. It was so absurd that I didn't watch the series until last year.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Decrepus posted:

My first exposure to BSG was when it first aired on SciFi. It was the second half of the episode where Starbuck gets shot down and she goes inside of the Raider and is grabbing his tentacles and getting all gooey cylon cum all over her. It was so absurd that I didn't watch the series until last year.

i dont remember that part

there is very little that i remember about this show

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
Watch Seasons 1 and 2 and Razor. The rest of it sucked.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Dick Fagballzson posted:

Watch Seasons 1 and 2 and Razor and Exodus Part II. The rest of it sucked.

fixed, but close

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Child slavery ring led by bill duke episode was so bad

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

zVxTeflon posted:

Child slavery ring led by bill duke episode was so bad

Not just slavery, prostitution. In a fleet of 50,000, apparently all the pedophiles got off the Colonies in time.

turdriver
May 31, 2014

by XyloJW
im at a late 2nd season eppie that seems to be about pro life vs pro choice politics should i just stop watching here or does it get better?

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
It was a pretty solid show up until they found that fake-rear end Earth and they tried to wrap everything up in only a few episodes. It really needed an extra season to resolve everything.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

turdriver posted:

im at a late 2nd season eppie that seems to be about pro life vs pro choice politics should i just stop watching here or does it get better?

Some of the best bits are still to come, as are most of the worst bits.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Apoplexy posted:

Not just slavery, prostitution. In a fleet of 50,000, apparently all the pedophiles got off the Colonies in time.

Goddamn I must have forgotten more about this show than I realized because I do NOT remember this. :stare:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Kimmalah posted:

Goddamn I must have forgotten more about this show than I realized because I do NOT remember this. :stare:

it was one of those random season 2 filler episodes

(bill duke dies)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

:laffo:

That part and the part where she slams his head into the mirror in the bathroom are prob the best moments of the show.

• Locked thread