Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i dont remember fat lee at all but i binged the whole series in like 3 days while drunk. when was he fat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

seriously when was he fat i cant remember

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

yeah but what part of the story was that. was there like a subplot where he ate a lot of donuts or something

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

battlestar galacica sure likes to zoom in on things

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

zVxTeflon posted:

when hes commander of glactica #2 then his dads like "your fat" and he grabs a jump rope and next episode hes skinny again lol

no wonder i forgot

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

whose olmos

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

it was cool when those 2 guys tried to mutiny and murdered the entire council

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Decrepus posted:

My first exposure to BSG was when it first aired on SciFi. It was the second half of the episode where Starbuck gets shot down and she goes inside of the Raider and is grabbing his tentacles and getting all gooey cylon cum all over her. It was so absurd that I didn't watch the series until last year.

i dont remember that part

there is very little that i remember about this show

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Bargearse posted:

It was a pretty solid show up until they found that fake-rear end Earth and they tried to wrap everything up in only a few episodes. It really needed an extra season to resolve everything.

lmao this guy thinks the problem with bsg is there wasn't enough of it

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

...of SCIENCE! posted:

spending the first few episodes establishing Gaius as the most brilliant scientist on earth and then having that be his master plan to get out of being implicated in the bombing was the best

i don't remember what the plan was but i'm fairly confident it was something stupid and hilarious

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Apoplexy posted:

You don't get uppity and beg to be killed off with a whole 6 or so episodes remaining in the series. Gaeta was one of the biggest secondary characters (or one of the primary ones, if you widen the requirements to being in 'only' 59 out of 73 episodes) on the show, with important crap given to his character at plenty of points in the show. Him throwing a mutiny because he thinks it is right was a great way to go. Also, consider the major roles Alessandro Juliani has had since. An extra with 2 lines that was cut out of Watchmen? Another extra, this time in Man of Steel? Poor guy, he ruled, too. Most of BSG's cast has fallen completely out of use in spite of being awesome at their jobs.

that was 6 episodes before the end? dang. did anything even happen between when they lived on that planet for a while and when that mutiny happened, cause i'm drawing a blank

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

and when they went to "earth"

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Apoplexy posted:

loving season 3 was a huge sinkhole of crap development not leading anywhere. Remember, the back half of the season was almost entirely Baltar's Trial and its build-up. The first half of season 4, basically everything until they get to Fried Earth, was just Starbuck farting around with a lovely ship until they find the Cylons and blow up their Resurrection Really Seriously Important This Time Pinky Swear Hub. You could excise almost all of that from the narrative and not have much changed.

ok i vaguely remember something about starbuck on a ship now and a trial but that sounds like a whole lot of nothing

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Flesh Forge posted:

tbh his character's suicide rendered his entire existence totally pointless so my brain pretty much edited him out entirely what did he do earlier aside from leer at Mrs. Tigh and be vaguely creepy?

at first they were like "what's your deal" and he's like "i'm a cylon" like he's joking, but then he turns out to actually be a cylon. later he shoots himself. i think that's about it

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i guess ziggy said he should shoot himself

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i think its fine to have god exist and do stuff in works of fiction

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Kirk Johnson posted:

Also be sure to check out the BSG threads on here for double lolz where you can read the fags from TVIV talk about how "perfect" the ending was and how it completely made sense.

post funny stuff from the threads

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i wasn't specifically rooting for gaius but he was great to watch

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

old dog child posted:

I think my favorite aspect of Balter's character was that he actually wasn't very good at anything but no one ever found out due to sheer luck

yep that owned

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

any fan base thats full of ~theories~ is poo poo

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Flesh Forge posted:

Babylon 5 was pretty ruined by the network telling Straczynski that they were going to cancel the show at some point in Season 3/4, so he rushed the ending of his metaplot, but then the ratings picked up and the network decided to keep running it, and he was like WELP

the rushed part was really good tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Falsum posted:

BSG is Oregon Trail in space

that's sort of what that game FTL is

• Locked thread