Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Jack Gladney posted:

the coolest

even in his fake mustache

yeah i really like the way he keeps promoting the shittest loving staff so they can be utterly loving awful except seconds before they die to give them some semblance of redemption. he's a worthless and lovely commander.

also starbuck loving sucks. if she was a dude he would just be a stupid uncaring jock rear end in a top hat nobody loving likes because he's an rear end in a top hat. but because it's a chick oh my god this empowered women is just so amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

Flesh Forge posted:

Seriously even Sackhoff hated her character and wasn't too shy about talking about it.

Dear God link me. I swear to god I feel like I'm in some warped sci-fi version of the Emperor's Clothes when I say Starbuck sucked.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

I don't find the appeal but she's a good actress. I liked her in Longmire but honestly haven't seen her in much else.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

Notmypants posted:

I think the stupidest moment for me was when they learned that people from the crew were Cylons. So loving stupid.

I can't think of lazier writing than all that utterly stupid horseshit.

"Yeah man, literally anyone could be a cylon and not know it. So, at any point we can reveal it and everyone will be amazed."

gently caress OFF

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

Jack Gladney posted:

The show was written on the fly, and the coolest part of the commentaries are how open they are about that. In the commentary to the season 1 finale, they brainstorm about how to end the Pegasus story (they call it the "you know what," but say Lee should be in charge of it). That flying by the seat of their pants led to some amazing character development and gutsy story choices. What other show would have the guts to upend the status quo by keeping the Pegasus or having them settle a planet?

The real problem with that is it's impossible to have any kind of larger themes at work consistently, but there's a lot of rich character stuff with good actors. And I was always curious to see what the gently caress would happen next.

I'm assuming all the praise in this is sarcastic or something

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

Cyclons are vaccinated machines

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

THS posted:

the reason why any of us care is because bsg was a great show overall but a lot of the lazy writing really stands out when under scrutiny

Uh nope. It had a phenomenal pilot. Probably better than any other one I've ever seen or will see. However, before season 1 finished it was getting kind of aimless and wandering. By the end of season 2 it had really lost it's appeal with so much filler bullshit. Season 3 I couldn't even really start because after 1 or 2 episodes it was already too much.

That loving pilot though. I will poo poo on BSG for being the incoherent, poorly-thought out, multiple deus-ex machina bullshit and so on. But that loving pilot. If that didn't hook you, something was wrong with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

Falsum posted:

BSG is Oregon Trail in space

Season 2 finale - Starbuck: I'm back and I know where to go!
Season 3 opening episode - Starbuck: lol women drivers I can't remember where to go

OH BOY

• Locked thread