Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

time to marathon Caprica op, it's even better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

jBrereton posted:

Caprica is hot garbage.

he didn't know that until just now. probably would have kept watching until the end thinking "well, it has to get better right?"

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

space mormons with a tasty chocolate outer coating to help it go down easier.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I feel bad for the black cylon who was introduced as an evil rape doctor experimenting on human women and then did nothing of note for the rest of the show aside from standing around in the background while the important cylons talked

the crotchety old white man always runs things, even 250k years ago.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

numberoneposter posted:

if it wern't for eric stoltz i dont think it would be possible to make it past the first episode of caprica

if you make it to the end you get rewarded with cylon team 6 dropping into the stadium at halftime dark thirty

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

mitochondrial eve lol

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

jBrereton posted:

Yeah but it wasn't cool because it was tonally all over the place.

You have Baltar's banter about shagging the local apes, you have Roslin dying (spoilers), Starbuck just fucks off, some people go to Iceland etc.?, all the spaceships go into the sun apart from the stupid basestar? And then RDM winks at the camera while a moral is almost literally read out?

Just make one of those the focus and have the end revolve around that thing.

roslin's scene was very good, really the only good part of the ep imo.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Present posted:

So wait, at the end of the show the humans decide to live on some new planet they found, caveman style?

They willfully abandon modern (future) medicine, science, plumbing and electricity to live in mud huts and hunt animals for food with rocks and clubs?

What the gently caress.

correct, because technology leads to a cycle of cylons murdering poo poo

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

ejo is the most handsome latino man.

danny trejo is #2.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

remember that time baltar kept his mouth shut about the nuclear weapon and it resulted in the deaths of hundreds of people

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Dick Fagballzson posted:

I also remember something with an opera house that they kept hinting was supposed to be important or some kind of big reveal except it wasn't

yeah it just kind of got ignored at some point, after literally dozens of portents/allusions/flashbacks/flashforwards

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

hemophilia posted:

I saw Caprica on the netflix suggestions because i'm watching BSG. Is it worth watching after I finish this/get sick of it

no it's hot garbage

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

it's great if you want to watch several hours of adama's family being a walking talking offensive italian cliche.

the parts that aren't that are a really horrible story about a murderous religious cult.

oh and some lawnmower man poo poo with a really annoying teen girl.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Snak posted:

"The Ionian nebula is ten light-years across.

>Attempt to ford the nebula
>Caulk the battlestar and drift across"

season 3 ep 10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGO53cK-5vE

• Locked thread