Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«39 »
Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Wellcume 2 the Gaming Together thread! Here we talk about what games we'd like to play with other imps, because Imps Love Games.

Tell us about your game and why it's what we've been missing in our hollow lives! Watch the thread/steam group for announcements on what we are playing and when.

----------------------------------------------

Holding hands friendship info:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kazvall/ - add me to steam if you'd rather yell at me personally, or to more easily get invited to games.

Mumble info - Classic Games channel under Games.

Steam Group - Classic Games and Mods Club.

Games you might want:

Zandronum - A multiplayer Doom engine frontend.

NQuake - Frontend for Quake that doesn't even need quake to run, it uses the demo pak!

Quake Live - Quake 3 in a browser except with some "balance" changes. Still very good.

Unreal Tournament 2004 - Double jump and quick dodge to victory, goons!

Tiberian Sun/C&C Gold/Red Alert 1 - Free multiplayer with its own game browser.

Diablo: Hellfire - Standalone expansion to Diablo1 for free.

Goon run servers:

Quake 3:

Zen Death Robot's CPMA server - You will need CPMA to play here - zdr.impzone.net

Surc's server - Vanilla Q3 to scratch that beautiful itch - 162.208.48.226 - surc.impzone.net

UT2k4:

Zen Death Robot's server - zdr.impzone.net

What do you want to play?

Kazvall fucked around with this message at Oct 8, 2014 around 03:23

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Would anyone like to play Shank 2?

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

we r lejun

rapelay

Widestancer
Mar 29, 2014

Duke Nukem 3 vote here

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Gone Home

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Gone Home race sounds good to me

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I really want to play some UT99 or UT2004. Or Unreal Gold coop. After we finish Serious Sam, of course.

Iggy Koopa
Jan 1, 1970

happy halloween

does anyone else have serious sam the random encounter, it is actually ridiculously fun for a serious sam rpg

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

play a doom or quakeworld duel against me, noobs

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Bloodmobile posted:

play a doom or quakeworld duel against me, noobs

it's on fucker

BKPR
Nov 11, 2007

i'm the motherfuckin trapezoid

i have joined, looking forward to making memories

Iggy Koopa posted:

does anyone else have serious sam the random encounter, it is actually ridiculously fun for a serious sam rpg

i've tried to play it twice, it gets stupid hard way fast and puts me off

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

S A D B O Y S

does anyone want to collab on my bad rats lp

or play some tf2

Mash
Jul 15, 2009

my computer is a piece of poo poo that probably can't run most of the games people would want to play (besides old C&C) and i don't even own that many games but i'm in

Cyra
Nov 1, 2006

im a homo. im a faggot. im a big gay baby with no life no dick

I joined. I'm dale gribble

zen death robot
May 27, 2001

Mash posted:

my computer is a piece of poo poo that probably can't run most of the games people would want to play (besides old C&C) and i don't even own that many games but i'm in

We played Serious Sam HD last night, so unless it's a reall really bad pos then there's probably going to be stuff you can run fine. The idea is to try to pick things that we can get as many people playing as possible.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

i probably don't have any of the games suggested but i'll get them when we agree on something.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

has ur bf ever rejected ur sexual advances in favour of an argument w/ some dude on the internet about anime? call this # now! u r not alone

Looke posted:

does anyone want to collab on my bad rats lp

if by collab you mean burp and fart into the microphone for the entirety of the recording then yes, I would love to

Mash
Jul 15, 2009

zen death robot posted:

We played Serious Sam HD last night, so unless it's a reall really bad pos then there's probably going to be stuff you can run fine. The idea is to try to pick things that we can get as many people playing as possible.

I got this computer from a friend after my older (and much better) one got permanently hosed up and it can run most older games fine, but even on low and on a small resolution it starts to chug on games like TF2 or Killing Floor.

Is the only real upgrade of the Serious Sam HD games just some new textures and higher resolutions?

zen death robot
May 27, 2001

Mash posted:

I got this computer from a friend after my older (and much better) one got permanently hosed up and it can run most older games fine, but even on low and on a small resolution it starts to chug on games like TF2 or Killing Floor.

Is the only real upgrade of the Serious Sam HD games just some new textures and higher resolutions?

I think so, that and 16 player co-op

Mash
Jul 15, 2009

zen death robot posted:

I think so, that and 16 player co-op

Ahh, I see. My computer would probably be able to run it, so I'll look into it.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Mash posted:

Ahh, I see. My computer would probably be able to run it, so I'll look into it.

the system regs are about identical to the team fortress 2 recommended specs, but the store page doesnt specify whether those are minimum or recommended.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I just piss on my computer to make it run faster. I mean I piss pure silver, so whatever.

Widestancer
Mar 29, 2014

Kazvall posted:

I just piss on my computer to make it run faster. I mean I piss pure silver, so whatever.

Hit the turbo button as long as it won't speed the game up too much

i remember having this problem I'm old

Doctor Goat
Jan 21, 2005

Are stitches trendy now?

Widestancer posted:

Hit the turbo button as long as it won't speed the game up too much

i remember having this problem I'm old

didn't turbo button downclock things

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Hog Butcher posted:

nice av nerd, yes it is trendy

Canned Bread
Feb 26, 2013

Best Thing Since Sliced!

if you want to make your pc run faster then case lighting is the way to go. the red color specifically gives you the biggest boost hth.

Widestancer
Mar 29, 2014

Hog Butcher posted:

Maybe I had a weird machine but Tyrian would flip out if I had turbo on

Same with Raptor and Zool

Doctor Goat
Jan 21, 2005

Are stitches trendy now?

Kazvall posted:

nice av nerd, yes it is trendy

i like my av and i'm trying to convince an admin to give me a larger version because it ain't disruptive or anything

Widestancer posted:

Maybe I had a weird machine but Tyrian would flip out if I had turbo on

Same with Raptor and Zool

tyrian is the game to appreciate framerate with, turn framerate to low and play for a while and then max it out and get your mind BLOWN by the smoothness

Widestancer
Mar 29, 2014

Hog Butcher posted:

tyrian is the game to appreciate

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Hog Butcher posted:

i like my av and i'm trying to convince an admin to give me a larger version because it ain't disruptive or anything

I agree, your av should fill up all the area in your last post.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I suggest Quake Live.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

If we get enough people for it, Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory would be great. There's also a few Source mods that are good. I think next time we should play through TSE.

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

I would be down for a big imp FFA in some rts

Mash
Jul 15, 2009

Anatidaephobia posted:

I would be down for a big imp FFA in some rts

yeah we could do one of the C&C games like Kaz mentioned in the rts thread

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

Mash posted:

RA2 so I can abuse cloning vats

Mash
Jul 15, 2009

also i mentioned this in another thread not too long ago, but loving WOLFENSTEIN ENEMY TERRITORY COME ON

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Mash posted:

That would be insane. Too bad ra2 isn't free. Tib Sun would be hilarious if we did a custom map with 300% tiberium mines and only used cyborgs.

I need to add the CTS mumble info to to the OP. Balls.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Tenuki Tanuki.

I am currently paying every month for a server that can host probably a 16-20 man server. I used to have CS:GO running on it but now I don't. Any suggestions for imp games to run?

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

surc posted:

I am currently paying every month for a server that can host probably a 16-20 man server. I used to have CS:GO running on it but now I don't. Any suggestions for imp games to run?

any quake
ut99/2k4
chivalry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Yeah some 16-20 man UT 2004 Onslaught would be really good

«39 »