Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I suggest Quake Live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

bef posted:

UT2K4 $15 :cripes:

Quake Live is not only 10000000x better, but also free.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Borsche69 posted:

I don't really feel like playing video games right now.. OP... I'm very depressed, and college is really piling on the stress.

Sad College Man here... Having a rough time, at College.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Omally posted:

i like ut2k4 a lot

I'm sorry.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

qnqnx posted:

I really hope I still have my ut2k4 discs, because it was certainly better than quake 3

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Quake 3 also has better 1v1, tdm, and ctf, as well as better maps for those things.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kazvall posted:

Okay, I'm installing UT Gold, UT99, and UT2004. Go me.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kazvall posted:

Is the UT2004 server still up, surc? Would like to play some later.

Rofl.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lot of "Gamers" talking about multiplayer FPSes that aren't Quake in this thread. lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I might be available unless you are playing Clan Arena or something.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

What mode are you playing.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bloodmobile posted:

wormskull bring your pro subscriber rear end in here so we can play cooler game modes

I don't feel like getting into mumbles and poo poo right now.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kazvall posted:

Lotta talk for that walk. :colbert:

I'm not in a mumble mood right now, so sue me.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'll host a server but no one here is on my friends list anyway on there afaik.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

What mode are you doing.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Here. http://www.quakelive.com/r/join/1191c227-9ccb-4e85-b818-d3dc6d4e26ea It's freeze tag, I chose for you. lol

I don't feel like playing ATM.

The pass is PrincessZeldasEpicBoobs.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well whatever, when you all have a plan let me know and I'll host something.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

For now, here's http://www.quakelive.com/r/join/799de08c-dc0d-4e3a-a32e-da0670d115f0 FFA with the same pass. Just copy paste that into Join by URL or something.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fenrir posted:

ok ok fine I'll install this and kill you

Good luck goon.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I can't believe I get 120 ping to Washington DC from Florida. The same ping as a the Finnish guy.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

qnqnx posted:

Years later, I'm reminded that I can't hit a thing with the railgun and that good railgun users terrify me.

Some days I'm epic at it and some days I can't hit a thing.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kazvall posted:

I want to be the very best, like no one ever was. To frag them is my real test, to railgun is my cause.

LG's probably the better weapon to learn if you just play FFA.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm not a FFA expert though, I don't mind it but I don't play it that often. But most FFA experts I've talked to say it's a lot about LG.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

stoutfish posted:

why is the default gun so garbage? the gauntlet is all around a better weapon that it.

It's actually fairly win.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

No Such Thing posted:

I recently discovered that I have little to no worthwhile multiplayer games, in addition, my rig sucks and my internet connection is shotty. But I do really want to play so I'll try to find a way.

Quake Live is based on a game released in 1999 or something. Jump in.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I downloaded it but I never played it before.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bloodmobile posted:

main thing to know is that bunnyhopping is kinda closer to goldsrc games than quake 3, ie you need to do a big swoop with your mouse while you jump to gain initial speed and you need to let go of +forward and hold down a strafe key to gain momentum.
I never played those either but yea I know how Quake 1 jumping works kinda. I'm not good at it since I've only played Quake 1 once but w/e. Isn't there other poo poo like having binds that swap to guns to shoot and then go back to axe when you aren't shooting so you don't drop ammo or whatever.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Keep in mind the only game on my PC I played until like 2009 was Diablo and tycoon games.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Can you not bind M1 to +forward and M2 to jump.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm just kidding although can you do M2 to jump because the nquake installer didn't have it as a option.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bloodmobile posted:

you can do whatever you want dude, the games your oyster

Okay.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm going to take a nap.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Duel is probably better but FFA is kind of dull IMO. Even the people complaining about campers stood on LG or RL as much as they can lol.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well at least when you do move and manage not to be instantly killed its fairly fast. Some of the moving around is a little irritating on like stairs and poo poo but I'm just used to QL and it's how Q1 was I guess.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Other stuff probably due to old age like the controls and the feedback I don't like much either. I'm too much of a newbie in the FPS world.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I never played Q2 but I like watching it when it's on Tastyspleen and I get the chance.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bloodmobile posted:

its really the 4on4 tdm where quakeworld shines. cpma does the same type of dueling better and ffa is fun for a while just for being so totally over the top

Oh yeah I was also thinking TDM is probably a lot better.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Schnedwob posted:

Fistfull of Frags is really fun and chaotic. I'd love to roll through the big bad west with a buncha impzoniers.

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bloodmobile posted:

there are most certainly maps made for 4v4 ctf, since that was the main competitive game mode for ut2k4. we just didnt play any of them

Why are you choosing to play games in a way that you yourself believe aren't the best. Like start out with the good CTF maps instead of the bad ones and coming back to the thread and saying "Well we didn't do the good ones." Or like FFA in QW... Just find a TDM server.