Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Mash posted:

Ahh, I see. My computer would probably be able to run it, so I'll look into it.

the system regs are about identical to the team fortress 2 recommended specs, but the store page doesnt specify whether those are minimum or recommended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

surc posted:

I am currently paying every month for a server that can host probably a 16-20 man server. I used to have CS:GO running on it but now I don't. Any suggestions for imp games to run?

any quake
ut99/2k4
chivalry

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Hog Butcher posted:

am i the only one who likes warsow

direct rocket hits deal 75 damage so its literally the worst arena fps ever made

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
really the problem with warsow is is that it does literally nothing new. the only reason anyone would ever play it is because its free.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Hog Butcher posted:

i like the parkour mechanic with wallkicks and stuff, and that it has auto bhop and that it has a speedometer

dodges and walljumps ripped from unreal tournament, auto bhop ripped off from painkiller, speedometer ripped off from quake 3. and core gameplay p much 1:1 with cpma except everything does way less damage

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
you should add ctf/dm to that server, 4 player onslaught is pretty dumb

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
should try to organize matches with actual player counts for ut2k4, game still owns but not really with 4 players

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
quake live is a bad game, dont play it ever

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
lets play unreal tournament 2004 motherf*ckers

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
SERVER IP: 162.208.48.226

the game is ut2k4
the time is now

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
its over, everyone left. play more tomorrow and every day afterwards until the end of time

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

qnqnx posted:

Or ut2k4 mods

how bout the original killing floor, that could be cool

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Falsum posted:

UT2k4 Onslaught

nobody cared about onslaught last week tho

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Kazvall posted:

A few people were interested. I'd like to do invasion as well, cause it's just plain ol' fun.

we played it for a while but as it turns out onslaught isnt actually as fun as you people remember it being. the vehicles arent fun to use and 95% of onslaught is vehicle on vehicle combat

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
lets play tdm. tdm is cool

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
wormskull bring your pro subscriber rear end in here so we can play cooler game modes

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Wormskull posted:

I don't feel like getting into mumbles and poo poo right now.

you know what, i dont think you even play quake live. i think you play halo on the xbox

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
you mean the entirety of quake live outside of instagib is almost entirely about lg

e: the starting weapon did like half more damage in vanilla quake 3, they nerfed it along with every other hitscan weapon for quake live

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
lmao if youve ever bought a bundle of indie games

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
now get a pro sub and host some real cool game modes and maps

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
its quakeworld time.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Kazvall posted:

I'm on board with that. Everyone get nquake. http://www.nquake.com/

you dont even need to own quake to play nquake, it has the shareware version of it included. you just need to install it and youre good to go

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Wormskull posted:

I downloaded it but I never played it before.

main thing to know is that bunnyhopping is kinda closer to goldsrc games than quake 3, ie you need to do a big swoop with your mouse while you jump to gain initial speed and you need to let go of +forward and hold down a strafe key to gain momentum.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Wormskull posted:

I never played those either but yea I know how Quake 1 jumping works kinda. I'm not good at it since I've only played Quake 1 once but w/e. Isn't there other poo poo like having binds that swap to guns to shoot and then go back to axe when you aren't shooting so you don't drop ammo or whatever.

thats only for tryhard tdm, since weapons have 30 second respawns and dropping a rocket launcher to the enemy team is the worst thing you can possibly do. in ffa and poo poo who cares, weapons have a respawn time of 0 seconds. if you have a 5 button mouse tho i suggest you make weapon fire scripts so that each button of your mouse swaps to and fires a different weapon since weapon switching is instant

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
you can do whatever you want dude, the games your oyster

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
well play it a lot starting right now and get good at it again

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
quake live and ut2k4 lasted under an hour because people get mad when i own them and leave

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
quakeworld time right now, connect qw.quakephil.com:27501 for ffa

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Duel is probably better but FFA is kind of dull IMO. Even the people complaining about campers stood on LG or RL as much as they can lol.

its really the 4on4 tdm where quakeworld shines. cpma does the same type of dueling better and ffa is fun for a while just for being so totally over the top

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
the votes are in and the winner is Unreal Tournament 2004 with a crushing 4 votes against fistful of bad source mods' no votes. the winning game will begin play soon

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
ut2k4 ctf currently happening at 162.208.48.226

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
you guys give up too easily

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
we played for an hour and people gave up after all 3 ctf matches we played were really one-sided

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

qnqnx posted:

There weren't enough players for playing CTF and not feel like you wandering aimlessly in search of an enemy player.

there are most certainly maps made for 4v4 ctf, since that was the main competitive game mode for ut2k4. we just didnt play any of them

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Why are you choosing to play games in a way that you yourself believe aren't the best. Like start out with the good CTF maps instead of the bad ones and coming back to the thread and saying "Well we didn't do the good ones." Or like FFA in QW... Just find a TDM server.

ive never played ut ctf, the people who had played it before were voting for these gargantuan maps. qw tdm on a public server would just be an absolute massacre for the new players since it knows no mercy for noobs with its 30 second weapon respawns and quad being every minute

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
surc asked for someone to give him map suggestions, nobody has

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

just downloading a shitton of maps at random is sure to make it easier to find and vote for good ctf maps for small player counts

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
heres a random assortment of ctf and tdm maps for ut2004 that are played in pickups: https://www.mediafire.com/?89vhr571ogkto55 some of them might be for instactf but i checked a few of them and they had gun spawns and poo poo

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
ut is currently happening 162.208.48.226

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
simsense the join command is 'open' im not sure if you figured it out