Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Widestancer posted:

Hit the turbo button as long as it won't speed the game up too much

i remember having this problem I'm old

didn't turbo button downclock things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Kazvall posted:

nice av nerd, yes it is trendy

i like my av and i'm trying to convince an admin to give me a larger version because it ain't disruptive or anything

Widestancer posted:

Maybe I had a weird machine but Tyrian would flip out if I had turbo on

Same with Raptor and Zool

tyrian is the game to appreciate framerate with, turn framerate to low and play for a while and then max it out and get your mind BLOWN by the smoothness

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
am i the only one who likes warsow

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Bloodmobile posted:

direct rocket hits deal 75 damage so its literally the worst arena fps ever made

do.. you want me to mod that? i can make impsow

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Anatidaephobia posted:

could you make it so like....the rocket launcher....shot blue discs

the game already has assets for this so i don't know if his is a joke but yes

all of this stuff is simple lua i think

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Bloodmobile posted:

really the problem with warsow is is that it does literally nothing new. the only reason anyone would ever play it is because its free.

i like the parkour mechanic with wallkicks and stuff, and that it has auto bhop and that it has a speedometer

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i got in like 30 seconds and then a friend came over to cook

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
college is chill as hell

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Fellis posted:

if we do doom mods we better fuckign do chex quest

sounds like a job for samsara

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

qnqnx posted:

Years later, I'm reminded that I can't hit a thing with the railgun and that good railgun users terrify me.

you used to have to lead shots based on people's ping and that was a fun skill to learn

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Icon of Party was loving fantastic

There were only a few maps I didn't really like and those were over fast enough to be bearable. The last one we played (the night mansion one) was fun as gently caress.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
can you edit the icon of party random weapon map and replace it with e1m1 from dwango or something

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i kind of want to get a monster hunter portable 3rd group going but the game requires some weird workarounds last time i checked

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Gimbal lock posted:

My fingers would probably somehow end up breaking during a critical capture or something. The world of first person shooters w/ a trackball is poorly understood..

http://www.porterelectronics.com/servlet/the-240/EXPLORER-FX-LOGITECH-MARBLE/Detail?gclid=CKC8lqKFosACFVQV7AodqToA7Q this is the sickest fuckin trackball i've ever had but it's right handed only, i got it at a yard sale for $5

trackman marbles aren't bad

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
tetris attack loving rules

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

CharlestonJew posted:

im sick too and the 2013 Shadow Warrior's helped out a lot

i don't get what the deal with this game is

it is good. the dialogue is good. the combat is fun. the guns are bad. the sword is really fun.

but i can't get into it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

CharlestonJew posted:

you think the guns are bad? I just got the shotgun and it's really drat satisfying to shoot. it's a shame you can't enjoy it for whatever reason though

i''ll give it another shot sometime when i'm in the mood and see if playing further = better

i think i have a curse because arbitrary games will just make me not want to play them despite recognizing they're good. maybe it's them not being janky enough