Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TATPants
Mar 28, 2011

darthzeta88 posted:

I have not done task force yet and am level 19. What are the task forces for and I'd there a difference between the forces?

At your level, task forces give you enormous rewards without doing anything (please attack the crazy powerful bases, at least a little bit). That said, join goonfleet #2qlq0g because (hopefully) goonfleet is going to be the only goon task force when everybody gets their poo poo together. This will all make sense when you join, I promise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica

TATPants posted:

At your level, task forces give you enormous rewards without doing anything (please attack the crazy powerful bases, at least a little bit). That said, join goonfleet #2qlq0g because (hopefully) goonfleet is going to be the only goon task force when everybody gets their poo poo together. This will all make sense when you join, I promise.

Sent a request

harmlessrobot
Mar 19, 2012
I sent a request to join goonfleet as captain brunch.

mikemelbrooks
Jun 11, 2012

One tough badass

darthzeta88 posted:

Sent a request

harmlessrobot posted:

I sent a request to join goonfleet as captain brunch.

Goonfleet are having a purge at the moment to allow the more active members of boat pirates to join, normal pooping should resume momentarily. Thank you for your patience,:goatsecx:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

So what's the average experience level of goonfleet? I'm currently 44 and saving up for HQ level 18.

I'm in some random pubbie group which have been OK in the past but lately we've taken in some people who have been kind of bad and I'm thinking of switching. We've been running Powder keg and Upper Lip

mikemelbrooks
Jun 11, 2012

One tough badass

Away all Goats posted:

So what's the average experience level of goonfleet? I'm currently 44 and saving up for HQ level 18.

I'm in some random pubbie group which have been OK in the past but lately we've taken in some people who have been kind of bad and I'm thinking of switching. We've been running Powder keg and Upper Lip
We normally do sour grapes every two days or so,

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
He means bottleneck which we finish maybe half the time and average maybe 35 attacks.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

i got a level 20 hq lemme join goonfleet

mikemelbrooks
Jun 11, 2012

One tough badass

Dimix posted:

He means bottleneck which we finish maybe half the time and average maybe 35 attacks.

He means sour grapes is our most started operation, and a 58% success rate, we have a 76% success rate over the 30 days.
If I need a translator I will call you. :rolleyes:

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
Ok my bad

mikemelbrooks
Jun 11, 2012

One tough badass
If your in boat pirates or Patton's Heroes and would like to join Goon fleet please state on your application where you are from.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Rather than try to squeeze lots of people from two smaller groups into a few slots in Goonfleet, Boat Pirates has expanded from 25 slots to 50. Anyone is welcome to come over, and we should be able to merge both smaller groups into one large, active one.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

At the risk of sounding like a TryHard in a poop break game:

Over in Goonfleet we spent a busy Friday and Saturday trimming several less active members specifically to make room for the 12-15 regulars Boat Pirates told us they would like to bring over if we merged. Some of those inactive members were mildly active, attending perhaps a third of OPs, but we wanted to create the guild for the more active goon, so with regret the pruning happened.

A number of us over at Goonfleet are a bit pissed that you couldn't have just told us you didn't want the merger in the first place. Cutting enough people so we could fit you all in was quite a challenge.

Oh, I feel so dirty and ashamed for actually giving a poo poo about a mobile game :suicide:

Funso Banjo fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Aug 23, 2015

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

fishing pact

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica

Phelddagrif posted:

Rather than try to squeeze lots of people from two smaller groups into a few slots in Goonfleet, Boat Pirates has expanded from 25 slots to 50. Anyone is welcome to come over, and we should be able to merge both smaller groups into one large, active one.

Sent a request as darthzeta

mikemelbrooks
Jun 11, 2012

One tough badass
penis base best base

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

mikemelbrooks posted:

penis base best base

A+, would raid.

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice

Phelddagrif posted:

Sent a request as PsiKoTiK

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Why is this game constantly matching me against superbases? I can't do this poo poo with two heavies and 8 zooka.

Also I can finally join task forces.

E: Joined Boat Pirates as Dizz.

Total Confusion
Oct 9, 2004

Dizz posted:

Why is this game constantly matching me against superbases? I can't do this poo poo with two heavies and 8 zooka.

Seriously, 90% of the bases on my map are 5-10 levels above me. Is there some way to drop victory points that doesn't take weeks?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Gold and a Pager posted:

Seriously, 90% of the bases on my map are 5-10 levels above me. Is there some way to drop victory points that doesn't take weeks?

Nope. It's pretty garbage game design. Just focus on blackguard bases or another poop game for a couple weeks. I hit CoC hard a for a bit since I hit Town Hall 9 and when I came back my VP were at an appropriate level and I'm enjoying the game more now.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

yeah it sucks that you're stuck for a long time doing nothing but waiting on blackguard bases.

Now im stuck with mostly full resources waiting on upgrades and research to finish so I can upgrade/research something else now.

Shock bomb rules.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

There is also a huge gently caress-you difficulty spike around base level 20/400 VP (generic level 47). Basically your options reduce to "heavy-zooka"-rush with high casualties or melee rush the base if it is an option; anyway you more or less play "attack once, order reinforcements, forget the game for the rest of the day".

The base defences highly outrank any attack strategy if the base is designed by anyone actually knowing what they are doing. Also, tank+medic strategy gets weaker towards the upper levels, because the tanks are in low numbers so the group simply lacks DPS to take down high-level targets and the medic upgrades do not scale like at all.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Der Kyhe posted:

There is also a huge gently caress-you difficulty spike around base level 20/400 VP (generic level 47). Basically your options reduce to "heavy-zooka"-rush with high casualties or melee rush the base if it is an option; anyway you more or less play "attack once, order reinforcements, forget the game for the rest of the day".

The base defences highly outrank any attack strategy if the base is designed by anyone actually knowing what they are doing. Also, tank+medic strategy gets weaker towards the upper levels, because the tanks are in low numbers so the group simply lacks DPS to take down high-level targets and the medic upgrades do not scale like at all.

All patently untrue just FYI.

I cruise with tanks now and used to alternate with rifle rushing.

This may be true if you hit 47 and HQ20 without focusing on attack, but in that case, just refocus now and focus on bigger boats and researching a single unit type.

Tmed is still super, super baller. I literally have less time than will to clear my map and it's been like that long before I hit tanks-15 and medics-11 with 16 tanks and 8 medics. I'd think it's even easier now that we have those little robot guys that don't break medic ai and can take cannon shots while your tanks shred cannons (aaand cannons don't deal double tank damage anymore).

also, if you don't have a huge pile of dust that you can't burn through, readjust your statue strategy because I'm sure part of this was boosting everything when I wanted to farm during rough spots.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
scorchers are so good i finsiehd my new boom beach OP it's just a picture of scorchers

mikemelbrooks
Jun 11, 2012

One tough badass

Der Kyhe posted:

yep untrue just hit HQ 20 around 490 vp level 48 crushing bases up to 50 without losing any troops. I am finding I don't need to map clear to get the upgrades I want.

mephology
Jan 14, 2012

mikemelbrooks posted:

yep untrue just hit HQ 20 around 490 vp level 48 crushing bases up to 50 without losing any troops. I am finding I don't need to map clear to get the upgrades I want.

Completely agree about focusing solely on offense and tmed not being gimped. I can easily clear the map at hq20 (only exp level 47 so I have super gimped def) with tmed + grenadiers without loosing troops. Usually the only time I have to rebuild is with operations, when I try level 60 doctor terrors or the war factory. Have been able to take level 57 resource bases recently.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

If you've been upgrading your tanks they're basically unstoppable with your increasing amounts of gun boat energy. My TMED laughs at anything that isn't a boom cannon/cannon/boom mine/prototype weapon. Sniper towers kind of give them pause, but usually a medkit, smoke or shock easily takes care of them.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I'm at the point where I just got Warriors. Still using 4 heavy/10 zooka and poo poo sucks. Stone is bottlenecking me hard and trying to fight higher level bases for resources are really hard.

I might try 6 heavy/5 zooka and see if I get better results.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
1) Jesus Christ why can't this game have a base edit mode

2) My base is basically the shittiest poo poo since the invention of poo poo, because I'm lazy (see point 1) and also because I suck horribly. Any good base designs for a fresh new HQ20? I'm level 47 and was just successfully raided by someone with level 9 tanks and level 2 medics, so it's not a high bar to clear :shepicide:

edit: at least I was able to beat level 62 Hammerman with this base I stole from ProHere (and then slightly altered for HQ20):

jaete fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Sep 26, 2015

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Dizz posted:

I'm at the point where I just got Warriors. Still using 4 heavy/10 zooka and poo poo sucks. Stone is bottlenecking me hard and trying to fight higher level bases for resources are really hard.

I might try 6 heavy/5 zooka and see if I get better results.

I think I just spammed rifleman until I unlocked tanks. 5 tanks even without medics was surprisingly strong at hq whenever you get tanks

mikemelbrooks
Jun 11, 2012

One tough badass

jaete posted:

2) My base is basically the shittiest poo poo since the invention of poo poo, because I'm lazy (see point 1) and also because I suck horribly. Any good base designs for a fresh new HQ20? I'm level 47 and was just successfully raided by someone with level 9 tanks and level 2 medics, so it's not a high bar to clear :shepicide:

edit: at least I was able to beat level 62 Hammerman with this base I stole from ProHere (and then slightly altered for HQ20):

It does have a edit mode, click on your hq, there are plenty of base designs out there but you cant defend against all different troop line ups. maximise your vault get raided and give no fucks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b13Db6XrMGQ

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

mikemelbrooks posted:

It does have a edit mode, click on your hq, there are plenty of base designs out there but you cant defend against all different troop line ups. maximise your vault get raided and give no fucks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b13Db6XrMGQ

Yeah you can save layouts, and that's a big help, but I meant you don't have a mode where you can remove all the buildings then place them one by one on an empty board, without having to play sliding puzzle with the darn things.

Vault is maxed already, so yeah guess I'll just keep on mainly offendin' and ignoring defence as before, until I have the landing crafts & gunboat maxed at least.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Reik posted:

I think I just spammed rifleman until I unlocked tanks. 5 tanks even without medics was surprisingly strong at hq whenever you get tanks

Seriously? I heard Hooka was very strong the moment you get Zooks. I guess I can start upgrading Riflemen and boats and see how they run.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

jaete posted:

Glad to see my cheesy hammerman strats are helping someone else!

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

David wanted you to have this.
I haven't lost a single hammerman defense using that layout.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Dizz posted:

Seriously? I heard Hooka was very strong the moment you get Zooks. I guess I can start upgrading Riflemen and boats and see how they run.

I liked riflemen because while my landing crafts were at weird numbers I was still getting the full affect.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Are there any Task Forces open right now?

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
i'd guess all of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Applied to Goon fleet

• Locked thread