Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Yeah, the ice statues are a bit much.

Bellmeistr
Jul 2, 2007

You suck like op rewards.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Bellmeistr posted:

You suck like op rewards.

:master:

Also, RE: updating the OP: :effort:

But soon.

If someone could like, do it for me, that would be cool as well.

mephology
Jan 14, 2012

This game is fairly entertaining, however, it is pretty stupid the opponents that it matches you against. As rank20, the NPCs i face are rank10-12, the people I face are 35+. NPCs are killed with zero effort outside of the rare doctor and that boss dude. If I dismiss a player who has been around to long, I get someone much higher in rank. So the best strategy is to save the player characters for a long while until I am ready to face them. Keeps me from playing more than 5 min a day because there is literally nothing todo but waste gold on troops trying bases I cannot beat.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

mephology posted:

This game is fairly entertaining, however, it is pretty stupid the opponents that it matches you against. As rank20, the NPCs i face are rank10-12, the people I face are 35+. NPCs are killed with zero effort outside of the rare doctor and that boss dude. If I dismiss a player who has been around to long, I get someone much higher in rank. So the best strategy is to save the player characters for a long while until I am ready to face them. Keeps me from playing more than 5 min a day because there is literally nothing todo but waste gold on troops trying bases I cannot beat.

For now focus on leveling your units. I agree matchmaking is stupid, I was trapped in the same duldrums. At least now I'm only hitting +5-7 levels instead of +6-10.

tophet
Oct 28, 2003

Young Orc
Yeah, I've been stuck Ina cycle of hitting a bunch of bases I can't touch, doing nothing for a week or two, finally clearing them all out and then starting the cycle over. I just wish there was something to do in the mean time

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

So it seems that they just hit us with a graphics update for resource-related buildings, and gave LVL16 bases Jamie Hyneman throwing granades. Is the new troop type any good? (I'm stuck on LVL14, gemming it next time when it costs less than 400, though to get tank+medic-combo.)

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Compared to zookas they're faster and have decent HP, so all your DPS doesn't die to one unlucky mortar shot/rocket barrage. The shots are really inaccurate though, hitting all over behind the target. Zookas are far better single target DPS, I can only see these guys being better for specific bases with everything clumped together so the splash helps.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Der Kyhe posted:

So it seems that they just hit us with a graphics update for resource-related buildings, and gave LVL16 bases Jamie Hyneman throwing granades. Is the new troop type any good?

Here's a video that showcases them, they're pretty drat powerful fromwhat I'm seeing here.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Putty posted:

Here's a video that showcases them, they're pretty drat powerful fromwhat I'm seeing here.

Heh. Was expecting goatman.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
These boozing bottle throwers are pretty lovely, I'll stick to tanks.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
my base was destroyed twice in a row by the same player. how is this possible????????????????

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Goonfleet is now doing our first ever purges of inactives. If you are still active in Boom Beach prove it by buying me diamonds.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
nice try, but everyone is too lazy to go through the op logs

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Pushing HQ18 to L44 was a mistake, I was forced to upgrade defenses to raise my level at a reasonable pace :qq:

Morton Haynice
Sep 9, 2008

doop doop
doop doop
doop doop
doop doop
A couple weeks ago I posted I'd hit a wall. Evenly-upgrading all my troops had severely limited my attacking power, and my HQ was too low for my level.
Thanks to some good advice from folks here, today my base looks like this:

Those are my tanks upgrading to lvl 7. Still a little behind, but leagues and leagues better than before I decided to focus on them. Now I can always farm the resources for whatever I need.
Basically if you're at that hump, there's hope if you just press a little further. Thanks thread!

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
boom beach success stories

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
I was told of the promised land with tons of loot at 600 VP, I will now quest towards this and find out.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Medkits feel underwhelming. Every other upgrade goes up by a % of the previous level, making their growth seem more substantial.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

PJOmega posted:

Medkits feel underwhelming. Every other upgrade goes up by a % of the previous level, making their growth seem more substantial.

http://boombeach.wikia.com/wiki/Medkit

It scales pretty shittily. That said, I love Riflemen, and it's one more way to make GBE mitigate AOE damage, like letting you approach a rocket launcher head-on to get riflemen into its blind spot, then healing as they arrive to take fire from other rocket launchers.

Depends on the specific damages of the AOE and your RIflemen and stuff, but I have level 13-14ish, and it's not a bad use of armory time if you don't feel like raiding super hard.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
This base accurately represents how I feel about Guh.

Level 1 HQ. I barraged it dead. :getin: JUST LIKE OUR LOVE, GUH

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
jm you got some competition

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Nauta posted:

jm you got some competition

Just wait for replays to exist I'll post all my 2 tank 8 medic raids on them 40s.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Root your phone and install SCR Pro, record as you play.

If you have Lollipop, I believe that the latest version of SCR doesn't even need root, but can't record in game sounds (just microphone input).

If you are on iOS, get hosed!

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Supercell heard about the recent goon genocide at Komondor and released a brand new video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

compare this to the other CoC trailer with the witch getting blasted with sticky elixer goon in the face and pick your favorite!

Putty fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Dec 24, 2014

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

I saw an open spot on Goonfleet so I sent in a request as "dpeasant"

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
Can someone post a good HQ16 layout?

Morton Haynice
Sep 9, 2008

doop doop
doop doop
doop doop
doop doop
I can't remember if this one is HQ15 or 16, but I had great success with this layout:

Even if it's 15, you can probably swap some structures and still make a variant work. HTH!

Jerk Tannon
Aug 15, 2001
Any new groups to join? Level 30 here.

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Patton's Heroes

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Hooray, my first perfect rolled masterpiece statue!...

...Is an iron production statue.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

nightwisher posted:

Hooray, my first perfect rolled masterpiece statue!...

...Is an iron production statue.

There there, it could be worse. It could be an iron production statue.

Oh.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

Are there any other active task forces other than the full goonfleet? Otherwise are there any inactives I can take over for? I play regularly.

Zila
Jun 21, 2013

pennywisdom posted:

Are there any other active task forces other than the full goonfleet? Otherwise are there any inactives I can take over for? I play regularly.

Probably, we only really get about 25-30 people go attack for ops. It's just hard to track, but I'll go kick someone with 0 Intel earned for the week.

E: kicked a few, if you got kicked and still play just ask for another invite.

Zila fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Feb 3, 2015

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

Just requested an invite, thanks!

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Just asked for invite as Zox.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer
There are 3 task forces in the OP.

Boat Pirates are chill and we do a few ops a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
We're getting a fire tank ok, upgrade your LC to 21.

• Locked thread