Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RVT
Nov 5, 2003
Anyone got a good HQ14 layout?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
What do the new leader borders and purple color signify?

In addition to everything else they changed on the map, they seemed to have turned way down the amount of diamond chests that spawn. Besides taskforces, not a fan of the patch.

RVT fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Oct 27, 2014

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
Nah, games are much less tedious now. But instead of costing $25-50, they cost $200-10,000 depending on if you want to see the end or not.

Star Wars Commander is still a lootfest with quick upgrade times. Too bad it's a buggy mess with about 10% of the SuperCell polish. I'm sure the loot will be nerfed into the ground before they fix that though.

RVT fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Oct 29, 2014

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
What troop levels does Tmed become viable?

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

Summit posted:

What are the downsides to beaching your HQ and purposefully dropping VP?

I've toyed with this a little recently. You really have to have almost no resources, because the vault's 100% protection cap is extremely low and if you're going to be getting hit often enough to make this work, anything above that is going to be gone.

Does it eat the OP boat? If so you'd have to be careful when you time it.

When I've put it out there, I get hit maybe once every two days. Not really enough to make it worthwhile. Maybe if you built up a huge surplus and held it for long enough that you spawned on a bunch of maps with a huge pile of resources enticing people to drop you, it would work better. But at that point you're just playing the game backwards. SuperCell seems to have learned from the TH outside free shields in Clash.

By all means try it, and let us know how it works. For me it just seems like way more work than it's worth. Once your medal count gets high enough, people will start rolling you and you'll lose medals naturally. Might work if you're taking a long break from the game though.

RVT fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Nov 25, 2014

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
Can someone post a good HQ16 layout?

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
It probably means the strategy of leaving 1 npc base on an otherwise clear map to massively increase the chances of a player base spawning, and in turn increase the rate at which you can gain victory points, won't be a thing anymore.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

What do the purple circles mean? Also, I think there used to be gold circles, were they the same?

What do the different borders mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

How come some of my resource bases never get attacked and some get raided all the time? I have a few level 10-15 bases that just sit there invincible, while my level 45+ ones constantly get raided.

Think you get 1-2 of each that are free and never get attacked.

• Locked thread