Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Hooray, my first perfect rolled masterpiece statue!...

...Is an iron production statue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Wow, Scorcher has 25,000 HP, 21 unit supply and 350 DPS. Which to me sounds like shock launchers become even more the number one priority to kill off in a raid/operation. I wonder how ridiculous they'll be with massive hp and damage statues pumping it.

The tank change still won't get me to use them very much, if warrior sniping ever stops working for me then maybe I'd give them a look at.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
:psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck:

Boosted masterpiece production statues and no vault. I don't even know what the gently caress is going on here.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I completely flattened that base from the trees outwards and did not find a vault .

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
The only thing defenses really help with is getting gems from defenses. Even max levelled defenses for a HQ level can be defeated by a good Hooka, having stronger defenses just means you'll kill more of their troops than usual. Having a high levelled vault helps a lot too.

I'm HQ13, lvl 33 and I can smash lvl 40 bases. Having 70% extra GBE means I can kill all the boom and rocket turrets with arty/barrage and roll over the rest, regardless of tower levels, all they dictate is how many heavys will die before I win.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
There's this wierd part of the game where you're HQ11-14 and its just hard as balls to save up because you get matched with bases only a few HQ higher that can cause serious problems for attacking at lower HQs. Best thing to do is let the map fill up and then try to clear everything as much as possible, then get whatever upgrades you can get squeezed in. Probably best to focus on getting all your LC to level 12 so you can run 8/12 heavy and 32/24 zooka, which if used right can tackle bases above your weight. Attacking effectively and exploiting flaws in bases is crucial and there's no real way to touch on it briefly, watch some youtube videos on hooka attacks to get a good idea of how to handle them, it's rather difficult to direct at first because it feels so messy. Troop bonus statues are your number one priority, then gunboat energy. Ignore everything else for now, except maybe power stone chance but only if it's a masterpiece and 50%+, or loot bonus masterpiece of 40% or more.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
That shock right at the end is the cherry on top of the poo poo sundae that was that deployment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

jaete posted:

1) Jesus Christ why can't this game have a base edit mode

2) My base is basically the shittiest poo poo since the invention of poo poo, because I'm lazy (see point 1) and also because I suck horribly. Any good base designs for a fresh new HQ20? I'm level 47 and was just successfully raided by someone with level 9 tanks and level 2 medics, so it's not a high bar to clear :shepicide:

edit: at least I was able to beat level 62 Hammerman with this base I stole from ProHere (and then slightly altered for HQ20):

Glad to see my cheesy hammerman strats are helping someone else!

• Locked thread