Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
When you're down by the power steering pump, blue Loctite all three of its mounting bolts and retorque. They slowly back out over time and when two out of the three go, you throw your belt in the parking lot of the Five Guys at 10:30 PM on a work night, ask me how I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
You hacked your OBC yet? Temp sensor to the nearest C. Must-have.

It's muscle memory for me on startup now.

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?1138110-Unlocking-the-OBC-(Low-and-High)

prepare for terrornumbers if you are familiar with any other cars. M62 runs hot.

e: Also thanks for the inspirationthread. I have a '97 that is currently non-op, it needs a battery, (probably) a fuel pump and (maybe) a coil or two. You've motivated me to go buy a battery this week and get to work!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Under 100k? I mean if it's one of those ones where you can eat off the engine, I might be persuaded to part with up to, oh, 7 to 8k if I was specifically 540hunting? It depends on if it has VANOS and if it's been serviced as well. I gave 4900 for my one owner '97 black/tan with 8/10 paint and 160k.

PaintVagrant posted:

Whats an acceptable temp range for the M62?

Haha, can of worms OPENED. People often debate about this and some idiots actually hamstring the fancy stock thermostat so that it opens sooner/faster

from my experience one in good shape should be cruising around 98-102? and you should see a few degrees higher at heatsoak stoplights. Cooling system performance changes are very noticeable with the hacked cluster, and my temps dropped about 5c across the board when I replaced a slightly lovely radiator and expansion tank.

Jonny 290 fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Nov 7, 2014

• Locked thread