Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Double Rabite
Mar 30, 2010

Typical Saturday night dance party.

Camel Pimp posted:

-No insta-death spells. This means no Death (obviously) no Mini, no Toad (I'm sad too), just anything that kills an enemy instantly. Warp/Exit will still be allowed, but only for its actual intended function.
-No Berserk or Haste.
-No weapons or shields. We're gonna let our fists do the talking.

...this is gonna be fun.

Umm… The easiest time I had with the game was using 1 single unarmed- unarmored character. IIRC fists end up being the 3rd strongest weapon in the game and not using armor makes your defensive stats grow like crazy. Got to love the leveling system of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Rabite
Mar 30, 2010

Typical Saturday night dance party.

Schwartzcough posted:

I used Minwu to kill the soldiers in Altair or whatever it's called for Toad tomes, so I really had no problems early on. Also, I turned Richard into an absolute beast, including high-level blink, berserk, drain, osmose, etc. So I actually found the trip through the cave pretty easy.

Then I lost interest and haven't played again. Leaving me feeling stupid for spending so much time turning Richard into a killer.

Unlike me who was completely blindsided and had two un-leveled un-equipped characters. At least I manged to make use of Joseph as a front liner.

• Locked thread