Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

theshim posted:

Oh god, that's cruel.

I love it :getin:

No, the real cruel choice would be doing it after the Tornado appears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

On the other hand, wouldn't a magic-only run be stopped by that... Fire-elemental boss inside Cashuan Keep? Last I remember, he absorbs pretty much every form of magic you could possibly have at that point in the game.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, you do get Gordon for that stretch of the game.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

All I remember is something about Key Words still having some use in the bonus dungeons.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

bathroomrage posted:

Do it with Bravely Default and hate your life

Now that's just evil. Just off the top of my head, that automatically makes at least 1/3 of the jobs either worthless or much harder to use (Black Mage, White Mage, Time Mage, Red Mage, Arcanist, Spiritualist, Magic Knight) just from being unable to buy magic. Combined with only being able to use equipment found out in the world... :psyboom:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

This is the one bit of the game I never finished, since... Well, let's just say it would've taken a miracle for me to beat the main game without the Blood Sword.

That being said, I know just how... Weird the story of this place gets.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I'd say the dungeon added in FF6's GBA release was fairly good overall, if only because a sizeable number of the re-fights were designed so that Ultima spam was out. Really, the biggest disappointment (to me) was going through all of that effort for an Esper that taught Gravity spells, though there was more than enough loot to make up for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I know the PSP release of 1 added in another dungeon with a superboss whose difficulty scaled to how well/fast you completed it, and you could extend your time by giving up stuff like saving, using items, etc.

• Locked thread