Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I know it's silly to harp on, but going "you guys aren't on the show yet!" and then having them last a whole show is really dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Theme for tonight is apparently the first individual contest with aliens based off the Wonders of the World???

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Yes we got a Pyramid Head!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I literally dont remember this Drew dude from the first two episodes.

Easter Island is probably the easiest one to build an alien off of imo.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Oh my god this girl doesn't even know how to do molds and she is on this show.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
No wonder Cig wears hats all the time.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Seriously I kinda wanna go back and see how she made it this far.

First one was premade junk just to slap on and then the dude she was paired with went home after doing all the bad work.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Some of these look like some hot messes.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Oh my god the little British ladies comments about Doc's make up.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Also what happened to the "Life v Death" theme???

umm uhh mobsters = death and aliens = life???

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Sasha seems like she doesn't have a full thought for these sit downs because that one was heavily clipped together.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I was surprised how good some of these came out. Also totally expected the dude who's branches were too heavy to get sent home and not the older dude with stump zombie.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Some of these are too human. Also Cake Boss probably going home because how dare you do the miner and subterranean mammal character. Most of these sucked big time and should have gone with the actual animal like gimmick I guess. A lot of these are horrific and it seems like almost everyone hated doing this challenge.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Honestly hope Doc gets cut because thats the second hosed up looking face he's done. Also looks too human in the face.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

I'm with you Johnny Longtorso. That Tin Man looked like both classical Oz and Wonderland. The Flying Monkey was more creative, but was more American McGee's Alice and Oz.

I was also very glad to see Jason go home. While Sasha the Savant is probably the most passive-aggressive, whiny, underhanded contestant I can remember on the show it was still ultimately Jason flying in the face of what the challenge was in one of the most blatant examples of "at least try to fit the challenge or you're getting sent home" I've ever seen. I mean seriously they should just play this episode to newbies and say "don't do what this guy did. There's always at least a few of you every loving season but just once learn from this guy and address the challenge of the episode."

I honestly can't believe it happened TWICE in this season.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

I wonder which old Face Off contestants show up. Here's to hoping for Alana-injury drama, Laura being a maestro, and someone telling Roy to calm his tits and just do what the bosses say.

Also who the hell is judging their creations at the end?

Maybe Michael Westmore, Lois Burnwel, and heck maybe Patrick Tatopoulos might show up? Unless they aren't doing a real judging thing.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I wonder who they go to do the sketches because they are really good.

Glenn is a crazy cat guy :3:

Edit: I guess no one is watching? Neville's the person that always bites off more than they can chew.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Sep 3, 2014

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

InfiniteZero posted:

I think Space in Canada hosed up: we got a new regular episode instead.

Was it the bloody mary one?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

InfiniteZero posted:

Yeah, that was the eliminator then there was another main challenge afterwards. Were we supposed to get two episodes or did Space gently caress up and play next week's already? The Judge challenge never ended up on my PVR, which makes me sad because it was the first episode in a long time that seemed actually interesting.

Yeah Space hosed up.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
This is on now and opened with a fight.....a pillow fight!!!!

Foundation challenge is make a Bloody Mary.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Cristatus posted:

Is this the first foundation challenge they've had this season? I can't remember any earlier ones.

Either way, it's a cool challenge.

I'm sure they had a few I think? Like the first episode was kind of a big foundation challenge.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Oh no Cake Boss. Why a satanic reindeer?

Cake boss is probably going home because that is garbage!!!!

Or maybe Cig's red blob.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Sep 10, 2014

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
A couple of these are pretty drat rough. I think Damien is winning.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Bored posted:

I missed the foundation challenge, but I was wondering if anyone was gonna go with telltale games' Bloody Mary from their Fables game. Looks like cig went that route with the mirror shards.

Edit: hmmm did that attach? I'm on my ipad. Nope.

Also, I think it was Cig. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong since I can't find a link to his bloody Mary and they are onto the Horror Movie challenge right now.

Not Cig, he did some weird grotesque one. I think it might have been the bearded dude with the mohawk.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Sad to see Keaghlan go, really thought she was going to make it to at least last 5, maybe even final four. Really dug Cig's snake man and it had to be real close between him and Dina's ""sexy"" snake lady. Surprised they didn't bag on her's for having a bulbous head like the green python's though.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I have no idea what the theme is for this episode tonight because I missed the original showing of the Cobra one.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

FrumpleOrz posted:

Evil clowns.

Great I feel like they make a ton of these.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I think Cakeboss hosed herself by picking a tornado as her childhood fear.

edit: Oh my goooddddd George why

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Sep 24, 2014

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I'm kind of happy the guys with spiders did bad ones because they are pretty generic.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Factor Mystic posted:

I was surprised about this too. What the heck was Sasha thinking where cyclops = many eyes??? It literally makes zero sense. And the eyes she did create didn't even look like eyes they looked like dark masses. And I'm pretty sure she did that overall sculpt before. Madness.

Cake Boss's was a neat character but I'm glad Drew finally got a win.

George's was real bad. I was a bit surprised he wasn't gone.

Rachel's faun was so ugly with the splotchy skin and bad blending while Sasha's Alien was at least good looking and interesting.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
If the previews are anything to go by next weeks episode will be pretty good.

its ancient deities with some sort of twist.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Speed Crazy posted:

Rachel also thought for some reason that she could attach her horns to the wig. There's no way a wig could support much weight at all, plus it would end up looking like Nicole's terrible space werewolf with ears glued to fun fur. Drew is choosing a good time to peak. I've been really impressed with his application

It's a shame because I think anyone except for maybe Cig can have a massive blunder. I'd say Drew would probably not be safe if he had a spider-clown again, and I feel like he's had more of those than his emo faun this whole season.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Maxwell Lord posted:

Sasha was a drat shame. She's clearly got a lot of talent but just hit a creative block.

Yeah I'm fully on Team Cake Boss now. She still may not win but she's doing some amazing work.

She hit that creative block more times than anyone else in the shows history I think. Like she either had no idea what the subject was and lucked into decent designs, or had a complete road block because the subject of the make up wasn't clearly defined like Creepy Clown Doll was.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
It's preview talk but...

I fear for Cig next week because of the theme.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

Also was anyone else pleasantly surprised to see the actor best known for playing a dumb hick farmer actually being an insightful and erudite guy? Go Herschel.

I only caught most of Herschel near the end of his run in the prison arc, and he didn't come off as a dumb hick that much by then. In general I just think he was kind of a weird guest for the night.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Troposphere posted:

it was a beheading challenge dude

Besides that, it still kind of an odd reason to pick him, seemed more like they wanted to promote the new season of Walking Dead or something.

Oasx posted:

When did he ever come off as a dumb hick? Sure he started off being not that likeable, but by the third season he was easily one of the smartest and most rational characters on the show, not that that is saying much.

Oh no, I never thought that his character came off as a hick, because from what I watched he never did. I wasn't sure if the poster I quoted felt differently.

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

I never thought to look, but reddit has a FaceOff sub and, the only reason I'm mentioning it here is that apparently some of the contestants are commenting regularly.

They're offering up some interesting nuggets here and there. Example: I would've loved to see Cig and George's debate/discussion over why hybrids can or can't be GI JOE.

So like, did they make those accounts just for the reddit, because it seems like it. The reason why the hybrids can't be GI Joes is because they are snake themed monsters and that is more of Cobra's calling card.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

DarklyDreaming posted:

Let me just say "Yeti crab" is the best kaiju premise ever

Missed the first airing, but this gives me high hopes.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I'm suprised Drew won the fan favorite vote because he was such a non factor in this season to me.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

hollylolly posted:

Anthony Kosar announced on his Facebook today that for the next season he and Laura Tyler and Rayce Bird are acting as mentors to the new constestants. Should be interesting. :)

A Face Off team vs team vs team deal where members of a persons team gets eliminated one by one would be pretty cool.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I like how "Blue is the New Red" became so much more true when Nicole showed up with her long blue hair. I also loved when Sasha got on to stage and gave Dina a big hug and swung her around :3:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Wait there was an episode last Tuesday and one tonight too?

• Locked thread