Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
I think Cig is going to be this season's Rashaad or Fox; a person I hate because they look dumb, but they're always so happy and do interesting stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

trem posted:

Yeah, I think they needed more time painting the names to make them look like anything more than impressions in play-doh.

Whose idea was it to put 38 names on the head? That seems like such a waste of time. They could've done 4-5 and actually spent time making them look better. Glad the rat guy got booted. What a lazy, terrible concept. Also very glad to see they haven't embraced the drama like every other reality competition.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
They were all awful this episode and I don't remember really liking any last episode either. I don't know how anyone could like Gwen, she had the personality of a shoe. Is it like this the first handful of episodes every season? I've seen all of them but I don't remember being this underwhelmed. Maybe we need more space werewolves or vampire cowboy challenges.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
I liked the birch texture/make-up this week more than anything else this whole season. The eyes peppered throughout were dumb as poo poo though. We really need another Roy/Eric Fox doing crazy stuff though. Everyone seems timid and their "personas" are all high school level at best. Crazy colored hair was trendy 15 years ago, now it's just sad.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Needs Roy, Fox, and Laura.

God now I'm excited. Roy and Fox to dream big and Laura to make everything perfect. She's still the best person to ever work on the show I think.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
I guess I'm the only one that loved the giant horse head. I saw it as more like a mask meant to terrify than that it was supposed to be the actual head. The king was pretty lame though. The horrible lines in Neville's face would've never been acceptable in a normal challenge and that kind of ruined it for me. Everything else was amazing though.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

That's the impression I get, apart from Dina -- she posted a few cakes and a mask a couple years ago (and the turtle cake is awesome).

Stupid phone. Cigs had one for at least two years. I assume most people in that age group that use computers has a Reddit account. It's a pretty popular website.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Oasx posted:

Dina did a great face makeup, but some of the other colors were not so good, and i am surprised the judges didn't mention it.

I wonder if they have "real" judging that they don't air where they can actually say what needs to be said instead of the weird stilting nonsense that pours out of Glen's mouth and the need to praise two and castigate two.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

LabyaMynora posted:

I didn't like Foxy & Co... too much staged bullshit. No one wants to take a chance on an honest reality show that's just awesome people making monsters and special effects. With Foxy & Co. and Monster Man they had to keep introducing all this crap that was obviously scripted by producers.

Modern American cable TV is such loving garbage and I can't wait for the whole thing to crash. Hillbillies! Ghosts! Amish! Pawnshops! Fishing! TLC? A&E? Sci-Fi (SyFy)? Discovery? I really liked Fox but I didn't have high hopes for them to make something remotely watchable. I'm assuming Face Off is going to start integrating Twitter more in the next season.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Cig (concepts & overall), Rashaad (sculpting), and Sasha (painting) should've been unstoppable but it just didn't come together at all. Cig and Dina were the most consistent overall so at least one of them won.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
New season starts tonight!

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
It was a pretty decent episode, there's a good mix of the young and the middle aged like they do and I always love seeing Laura. I liked seeing a more open Mr. Westmore (though they may have just decided to edit it differently this season) as well. The team thing could end up being interesting, but does that mean all of the challenges will be teams this year or will we see individual challenges? That seems like it might get catty with people feeling their captains are helping their team mates more and such. I'm not a fan of splitting the episodes though and I hope that's not going to continue.

I know 99% of people don't give a poo poo at all, but I really wish they'd leave the primates out of this because I know there's going to be some people using the wrong words next episode. Lemurs aren't simians. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Teek posted:

Having Mr. Westmore come in seems redundant. Why even have the mentors if he is going to undercut them 10 minutes later? Seeing the mentors stand around awkwardly as he goes over everything was just weird.

I liked it because he seemed more vicious than usual, though it's possible I misinterpreted his advice. I hope to be his age someday and berate young people.

• Locked thread