Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which race is best
white
black
asian
hispanic
native american
aboriginal
eskimo
belgian
other
goku
View Results

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Daytona 500

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Soapbox Derby championships in Camden, ME.

rubbe
Jul 19, 2008
white nordics.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Me. Just me

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
this poll did not include gays and/or jews. wtf is this poo poo

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Drow Elves obviously OP

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

SirEvelynTremble posted:

Drow Elves obviously OP

hmmm black and non human

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Sherpa

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

51 people still think whites are the master race.

More like master disgrace.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

White people suck, son.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
the human race you stupid shithead

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Its obviously Jews, why isn't that an option?

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

Everyday Lurker posted:

51 people still think whites are the master race.

More like master disgrace.

white people are poo poo compared to saiyans

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Filippo Corridoni posted:

race is a social construct you nerds. It doesn't exist on a scientific level, we make it exist.

this is like saying that colors dont exist cuz they're all a part of white

and colors don't even have genes!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Race is a social construct though. Those drat Dagos and Mics became white in the last hundred years.

Filippo Corridoni
Jun 12, 2014

I'm the fuckin' man
You don't get it, do ya?

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

Race is a social construct though. Those drat Dagos and Mics became white in the last hundred years.
If you're in continental europe you'll have a hard time arguing slavics are even human. saying they were white would make their brains blow up

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

If you're in continental europe you'll have a hard time arguing slavics are even human. saying they were white would make their brains blow up

are the loving gypsies? I hate them. And the Dutch

Filippo Corridoni
Jun 12, 2014

I'm the fuckin' man
You don't get it, do ya?

Drink Cheerwine posted:

this is like saying that colors dont exist cuz they're all a part of white

and colors don't even have genes!

well duh yeah colors exist. But when you realize that in britain they used to call southeast asians and black jamaicans "black", that in america that there was a legal debate as to whether armenians were white, that in Sudan you have black muslims calling themselves "arab", that iranians in america call themselves "white" you realize that race really is a social construct. I once read a bunch of white supremacists deny the whiteness of southern italians and ("modern day") greeks.

Just today I was talking to this indian looking clerk at CVS. I asked if she was Indian and she responded that she was "Guyanese". That's a drat nationality, but she insisted on this.

Real question to ponder: are jews and poles white? If you say yes,thats certainly not what germans felt circa the 1930s.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

well duh yeah colors exist. But when you realize that in britain they used to call southeast asians and black jamaicans "black", that in america that there was a legal debate as to whether armenians were white, that in Sudan you have black muslims calling themselves "arab", that iranians in america call themselves "white" you realize that race really is a social construct. I once read a bunch of white supremacists deny the whiteness of southern italians and ("modern day") greeks.

Just today I was talking to this indian looking clerk at CVS. I asked if she was Indian and she responded that she was "Guyanese". That's a drat nationality, but she insisted on this.

Real question to ponder: are jews and poles white? If you say yes,thats certainly not what germans felt circa the 1930s.

I'm white and I proclaim that you are no longer of our race

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

SirEvelynTremble posted:

Drow Elves obviously OP

Elves > Dwarves > Men

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

rubbe posted:

white nordics.

can you explain to me why north-germanic caucasoids never developed complex culture or beyond mere subsistence tribalism until their introduction by the christian church in the 13th century? please do not try to argue that either the germans or the saxons are of their pale race.

why have north-germanic caucasoids never contributed to world culture or any art of lasting value? i can name artists and great civilizations from every major continent and time period, including pre-colombian america. but what of the nordics? here we find a great wasteland.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

butplug accident posted:

can you explain to me why north-germanic caucasoids never developed complex culture or beyond mere subsistence tribalism until their introduction by the christian church in the 13th century? please do not try to argue that either the germans or the saxons are of their pale race.

why have north-germanic caucasoids never contributed to world culture or any art of lasting value? i can name artists and great civilizations from every major continent and time period, including pre-colombian america. but what of the nordics? here we find a great wasteland.

Dude! Dude! Have you never heard of kielbasi?

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

that's a real dumb question for an idiot to ponder. saying race has no scientific basis is loving retarded, is what i'm saying here.

it's the active denial of scientific reality by a bunch of pants-pissing professors terrified of being called hitler.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Drink Cheerwine posted:

that's a real dumb question for an idiot to ponder. saying race has no scientific basis is loving retarded, is what i'm saying here.

it's the active denial of scientific reality by a bunch of pants-pissing professors terrified of being called hitler.

you are either dumb as poo poo or a member of the KKK

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

A Nazi-themed 5k called "The Master Race".

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

you are either dumb as poo poo or a member of the KKK

neither.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/07/140717094828.htm

article posted:

Dr Proto said: "The results were surprising, we found that the greater a nation's genetic distance from Denmark, the lower the reported wellbeing of that nation. Our research adjusts for many other influences including Gross Domestic Product, culture, religion and the strength of the welfare state and geography.

The second form of evidence looked at existing research suggesting an association between mental wellbeing and a mutation of the gene that influences the reuptake of serotonin, which is believed to be linked to human mood.

Dr Proto added: "We looked at existing research which suggested that the long and short variants of this gene are correlated with different probabilities of clinical depression, although this link is still highly debated. The short version has been associated with higher scores on neuroticism and lower life satisfaction. Intriguingly, among the 30 nations included in the study, it is Denmark and the Netherlands that appear to have the lowest percentage of people with this short version."

The final form of evidence looked at whether the link between genetics and happiness also held true across generations, continents and the Atlantic Ocean.

Professor Oswald said: "We used data on the reported wellbeing of Americans and then looked at which part of the world their ancestors had come from. The evidence revealed that there is an unexplained positive correlation between the happiness today of some nations and the observed happiness of Americans whose ancestors came from these nations, even after controlling for personal income and religion."

He added: "This study has used three kinds of evidence and, contrary to our own assumptions when we began the project, it seems there are reasons to believe that genetic patterns may help researchers to understand international well-being levels.

"More research in this area is now needed and economists and social scientists may need to pay greater heed to the role of genetic variation across national populations."

read a troublesome inheritance and then don't stop, because you probably aren't reading enough

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Drink Cheerwine posted:

neither.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/07/140717094828.htm

read a troublesome inheritance and then don't stop, because you probably aren't reading enough

Holy poo poo. A real live racist. You have no idea how much contempt I hold for you.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

Holy poo poo. A real live racist. You have no idea how much contempt I hold for you.

lmao! eat a bullet, you hyper-spastic

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Drink Cheerwine posted:

lmao! eat a bullet, you hyper-spastic

You first you loving Nazi wannabe.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Drink Cheerwine posted:

This is hilarious.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Negative Entropy posted:

This is hilarious.

it would be if he wasn't serious about it.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/16/books/nicholas-wades-a-troublesome-inheritance.html?_r=0

quote:

At times, his theorizing is merely puzzling, as when he notes that the gene variant that gives East Asians dry earwax also produces less body odor, which would have been attractive “among people spending many months in confined spaces to escape the cold.” No explanation of why ancient Europeans, presumably cooped up just as much, didn’t also develop this trait. Later, he speculates that thick hair and small breasts evolved in Asian women because they may have been “much admired by Asian men.” And why, you might ask, did Asian men alone prefer these traits?

Mr. Wade occasionally drops in broad, at times insulting assumptions about the behavior of particular groups without substantiating the existence of such behaviors, let alone their genetic basis. Writing about Africans’ economic condition, for example, Mr. Wade wonders whether “variations in their nature, such as their time preference, work ethic and propensity to violence, have some bearing on the economic decisions they make.”

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Drink Cheerwine read that and loving believes it.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
race is trivially easy to genetically identify so its obviously real and only socially constructed in the sense that pretty much everything is

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

SickZip posted:

race is trivially easy to genetically identify so its obviously real and only socially constructed in the sense that pretty much everything is

this is what dumb, racist people say

naem
May 29, 2011

Orks

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
i dont have journal access on this computer, so have an abstract

quote:

We have analyzed genetic data for 326 microsatellite markers that were typed uniformly in a large multiethnic population-based sample of individuals as part of a study of the genetics of hypertension (Family Blood Pressure Program). Subjects identified themselves as belonging to one of four major racial/ethnic groups (white, African American, East Asian, and Hispanic) and were recruited from 15 different geographic locales within the United States and Taiwan. Genetic cluster analysis of the microsatellite markers produced four major clusters, which showed near-perfect correspondence with the four self-reported race/ethnicity categories. Of 3,636 subjects of varying race/ethnicity, only 5 (0.14%) showed genetic cluster membership different from their self-identified race/ethnicity. On the other hand, we detected only modest genetic differentiation between different current geographic locales within each race/ethnicity group. Thus, ancient geographic ancestry, which is highly correlated with self-identified race/ethnicity—as opposed to current residence—is the major determinant of genetic structure in the U.S. population. Implications of this genetic structure for case-control association studies are discussed.

from Genetic Structure, Self-Identified Race/Ethnicity, and Confounding in Case-Control Association Studies in the American Journal of Human Genetics

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

this is what dumb, racist people say

i like how you started with a pretense of having intellectual backing and then started flailing and name-calling when anyone disagreed

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
sickzip, you're really triggering pumpy muffinz, ok? so just, check your educational privilege

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

SickZip posted:

i like how you started with a pretense of having intellectual backing and then started flailing and name-calling when anyone disagreed

I never claimed to be clever, and the only person I don't like in this thread is a loving racist.

• Locked thread