Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

i would like an israeli propaganda photoshop thread

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Bedshaped posted:

Holy poo poo, did Israeli radio really play an ad listing the names of 150 dead children?

That Israeli guy who said you're freer to debate/discuss/talk about the I/P conflict in Israel than in the US is probably right.

nah, it was banned for giving the israeli public "false information"

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

a real warrior's wound. Achilles had the same problem

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

That's a weird way to torture a Palestinian child.

Hungry Joe
Nov 27, 2006

DDFH

Lazyfire posted:

That's a weird way to torture a Palestinian child.

:(

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

1gnoirents posted:

Stop loving it up by outwardly using human shields like actually saying so and cheering on when civilians are being brought into the hospitals

Dunno I've been following this every day and I haven't heard any proof of this. The only cheering I've seen is Israelis cheering Palestinians getting bombed.

quote:

2. Hamas - Stop firing rockets. Yeah maybe it costs Israel money but they are pretty worthless overall despite getting your hands on real ones this time around. It is nothing but an excuse for Israel to invade you and cause actual harm, and its like an actually good excuse okay?. 2000 rockets is stupid especially when most are garbage

well they're blockaded into Gaza and can't leave and are starving and poo poo because the IDF won't even let them import basics like seeds, what do you want them to do?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Exclamation Marx posted:

The 8 Funniest Moments Of Operation Protective Edge, In Gifs

1. The time the Israeli Government arrested 500 and killed 10 Palestinians in their search for the three missing Israeli teens, forgetting to mention they knew they'd already been murrdered and not kidnapped

2. The time 16-year-old Mohammed Abu Khdeir was kidnapped, beaten, and burned alive by right-wing Israelis

3. When Hamas fired quassam rockets, EPICALLY failing to beat the Iron Dome

4. That time IDF soldiers beat and arrested Mohammed Abu Khdeir's American cousin, and tried to force him to say Mohammed was killed by family for being gay

5. That time Israeli airstrikes deliberately targeted houses, hospitals, and TWO disabled homes

6. This cat won't want to be on the wrong side of Hamas again, lol

7. When Israel hit the same hospital AGAIN

8. The time an Israeli warship shelled four Gazan children playing football on the beach... twice!

Tagged: israel, gaza, gifs, fails, funny war crimes

This is going to be copy-pasted onto Buzzfeed within the next 24 hours.

Box of Trial
Sep 4, 2003

TONKA HYAH
even if hamas is hiding munitions etc in Palestinian homes, it's not like the Palestinians have any real choice about it; either they get killed for opposing Hamas now or by the IDF later

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Moridin920 posted:

well they're blockaded into Gaza and can't leave and are starving and poo poo because the IDF won't even let them import basics like seeds, what do you want them to do?

explain to me how the people with the 8th highest obesity rates in the world are starving

oh wait i guess its like those non-existent shells you said were in fact not fired thousands of times over the last decade

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Box of Trial posted:

even if hamas is hiding munitions etc in Palestinian homes, it's not like the Palestinians have any real choice about it; either they get killed for opposing Hamas now or by the IDF later

they hide ammunition in homes, in schools, in mosques, in hopitals, and they also use those places to fire at soldiers and the people that live in there as human shields

hamas are terrible monsters and people in gaza hate them but they are a gang of criminals who took over in 2007 and killed most of their political enemies while exiling the rest and torture and kill any dissension

it's pretty terrible for all those in gaza who don't want to live under those monsters and wish life could go back to pre-2000 before they started to use their small piece of land as a launchpad for their rockets :smith:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

youd think liberals would like israel more given that its a country founded on white guilt

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Twee as gently caress posted:

they hide ammunition in homes, in schools, in mosques, in hopitals, and they also use those places to fire at soldiers and the people that live in there as human shields

hamas are terrible monsters and people in gaza hate them but they are a gang of criminals who took over in 2007 and killed most of their political enemies while exiling the rest and torture and kill any dissension

it's pretty terrible for all those in gaza who don't want to live under those monsters and wish life could go back to pre-2000 before they started to use their small piece of land as a launchpad for their rockets :smith:

this guy may be retarded, but not enough to pretend that hamas suddenly dying off would stop israelis from ethnically cleansing palestinians in the west bank. interesting. there may be a cognitive psychology paper in this.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

StashAugustine posted:

youd think liberals would like israel more given that its a country founded on white guilt

liberals love israel

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

So Hamas in Gaza are a bit like the IRA were in N.Ireland

Btw up the IRA !

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

"That's for cancelling the Backstreet Boys, you scum."

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

SirEvelynTremble posted:

So Hamas in Gaza are a bit like the IRA were in N.Ireland

Btw up the IRA !

actually they are more worse because the IRA never repressed their compatriots on their own side to the extant that Hamas does, or used literal children, women, the disabled as shields while hiding in hospitals, schools and churches (at least to the extant Hamas does, the IRA could have but well i've never heard of them doing any of that)

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

actually they are more worse because the IRA never repressed their compatriots on their own side to the extant that Hamas does, or used literal children, women, the disabled as shields while hiding in hospitals, schools and churches (at least to the extant Hamas does, the IRA could have but well i've never heard of them doing any of that)

A large part of any war is propaganda, the world view matters. And while Israel bombs schools hospitals and mosques Hamas is winning the hearts of everyone else in the world pretty much.

They're winning on the number of dead/dismembered kids front as well

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
the history of israel and palestine in the second half of the twentieth century, as told by israel's supporters

1947- every arab in the entire world tries to reenact the holocaust

1948- hero of democracy and tolerance israel stands triumphant

1956- americans bamboozled by soviet union and momentarily impede israel

1967- israel resolutely defends itself by an attack from all arabs, liberals, and muslims and takes back the land stolen from it in 1948

1973- israel destroys arab hordes again

1982- israel heroically liberates half of lebanon for democracy

1987- palestinians give in to their arab natures and try to murder all jews

1988 on- palestinians flip back and forth between genocidaires and victims as necessary

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Usually when someone has a human shield you don't drop a 500 pound bomb on them both like it ain't a thing.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Moridin920 posted:

Dunno I've been following this every day and I haven't heard any proof of this. The only cheering I've seen is Israelis cheering Palestinians getting bombed.

it's a straight-up lie, the only ones documented to have used palestinians as human shields are the IDF, to the point where their supreme court had to specifically prohibit the practice in 2005. they kept doing it during cast lead, of course, and are probably still doing it today.

http://www.amnesty.org/en/library/asset/MDE15/015/2009/en/8f299083-9a74-4853-860f-0563725e633a/mde150152009en.pdf

see above, also "took over" was actually "pushed into and isolated completely in gaza after winning a parliamentary election in a landslide and having fatah conspire with israel to pull a coup which resulted in internal clashes". recently they worked out a unity government with fatah in compliance with u.s. and eu wishes and netanyahu wanted none of that, so he used the murder of three settlers by unknown perpetrators to drum up support for an incursion to put and end to it.

btw are you still convinced that palestinian kid was burned alive by his parents for being gay?

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
people like Twee as gently caress will say the most idiotic bullshit just to be contrarian to the perceived "goon hivemind", hth

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
hey now, hamas is dedicated to the

quote:

Q: You don’t like the Arabs, to say the least.

A: “The bible finds no worse image than this of the man from the desert. And why? Because he has no respect for any law. Because in the desert he can do as he pleases.
The tendency towards conflict is in the essence of the Arab. He is an enemy by essence. His personality won’t allow him any compromise or agreement. It doesn’t matter what kind of resistance he will meet, what price he will pay. His existence is one of perpetuate war.”

to the

quote:

Q: Is there any hope of peace?

A: “Out of agreement? No. the other side might stay in peace if it understands that doing anything [else] will cause it enormous pain.

The two states solution doesn’t exist. There are no two people here. There is a Jewish people and an Arab population… there is no Palestinian people, so you don’t create a state for an imaginary nation… they only call themselves a people in order to fight the Jews.”

to the de-

quote:

Q: So what’s the solution?

A: “No solution but force… strong military rule. Any outbreak will bring upon the Arabs enormous suffering. We shouldn’t wait for a big mutiny to start, but rather act immediately with great force to prevent them from going on…

If it’s possible, we should conquer any disputed territory in the land of Israel. Conquer and hold it, even if it brings us years of war. We should conquer Gaza, and parts of the Galil, and the Golan. This will bring upon us a bloody war, since war is difficult for us – we don’t have a lot of territory, while the Arabs have lots of space to retreat to. But that’s the only way to survive here.”

There is valuable experience [on this matter] we don’t pay notice to. I mean the Ottoman rule over the Arabs. The Turks ruled over the Arabs for 400 years, and there was peace and quiet everywhere. The Arabs hated the Ottomans, but every little thing they did brought mass killings and hanging in towns squares. They were hanging people in Damascus, and Izmir… every town had hanging posts in its center…the Arabs were so badly beaten, they didn’t dare revolt. Naturally, I don’t recommend the use of hangings as a show of force like the Turks did, I just want to show that the only thing that might move the Arabs from the rejectionist position is force.”

to the destruction of israel

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Copley Depot posted:

people like Twee as gently caress will say the most idiotic bullshit just to be contrarian to the perceived "goon hivemind", hth

nope i believe everything i say about i/p

because well its true and factual, like hamas members using ambulances to drive around in the current conflict for example, or storing weapons in UNRWA school or shooting from hospitals

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

because well its true and factual, like hamas members using ambulances to drive around in the current conflict for example, or storing weapons in UNRWA school or shooting from hospitals

“We don’t have a real partnership with them. The Arab citizens’ goal is to destroy us. They don’t deny that they want to destroy us. Except for a small minority who is willing to live with us under certain agreements because of the economical benefits they receive, the vast majority of the Israeli Arabs would chose to exterminate us if they had the option to do so. Because of our power they can’t say this, so they keep quiet and concentrate in their daily life.

I think we should speak to the Israeli Arabs in the language they understand and admire – the language of force. If we act with strength on any crime they act, they will understand we show no forgiveness. Had we used this language from the start, they would have been more careful.

I am talking about strength that is based on justice. They should know that we will keep a just attitude towards them, but a tough one. You don’t kill or hurt people or deny their right to make a living just like that. In the villages that we rule, we need to grant them all the rights – infrastructure, and transportation and education… but they have to give things in return. If the teachers are inciting the students, we should close the schools and expel the teachers… we should keep their rights, but also ours.”

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Gotta be Bibi, the angriest man in the Middle East because people don't like when he drops bombs on emergency shelters after destroying people's homes.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Lazyfire posted:

Gotta be Bibi, the angriest man in the Middle East because people don't like when he drops bombs on emergency shelters after destroying people's homes.

it's his dad

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Effectronica posted:

it's his dad

That's right, I forgot that Gentle Ben's dad was a loving insane person who believed in total annihilation of Palestine.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Lazyfire posted:

That's right, I forgot that Gentle Ben's dad was a loving insane person who believed in total annihilation of Palestine.

the year is 2056, and benjamin netanyahu, his life extended by brain transplants into specially prepared mizrahi bodies, gives one final speech as they prepare to sink palestine into the sea. "this is for you, old man".

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

hey twee

SplitSoul posted:

btw are you still convinced that palestinian kid was burned alive by his parents for being gay?

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013
I chose WTF, OMG, and BYOB

goku im piss
Mar 18, 2005

Your mama was a snowblower
most of the people in this thread would be put to death for violating Islamic laws so it's cool you support Hamas

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

goku im piss posted:

most of the people in this thread would be put to death for violating Islamic laws so it's cool you support Hamas

blowing up buildings at random and telling palestinians they're interlopers who must be cleansed from israel's soil isn't going to eliminate hamas, so if you really hate hamas you must also hate the people that give them legitimacy

goku im piss
Mar 18, 2005

Your mama was a snowblower

Effectronica posted:

blowing up buildings at random and telling palestinians they're interlopers who must be cleansed from israel's soil isn't going to eliminate hamas, so if you really hate hamas you must also hate the people that give them legitimacy

I love Hamas, this poo poo is driving the biblical prophecy people into a frenzy

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
btw, twee as gently caress, wonder of wonders, is wrong about hamas's level of public support. http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2014/04/islamic-jihad-support-gaza-expense-hamas.html

the right-wing end and the center-left end have roughly equal levels of public support, but more than half of palestinians are in favor of the use of violence to win independence, which hurts fatah

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

You know, I don't think you're very twee at all.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
twee as gently caress is french, c/d?

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Effectronica posted:

btw, twee as gently caress, wonder of wonders, is wrong about hamas's level of public support. http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2014/04/islamic-jihad-support-gaza-expense-hamas.html

the right-wing end and the center-left end have roughly equal levels of public support, but more than half of palestinians are in favor of the use of violence to win independence, which hurts fatah

And 95% of the Iraqi people really loved Saddam, too :byodame:

Cream_Filling posted:

twee as gently caress is french, c/d?

im not french they are smug colonialist bastards who ruined algeria and i loving hate their stupid country (but don't condone beating frenchmen (unless they are being really annoying (so really yes i am, all of them)))

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

And 95% of the Iraqi people really loved Saddam, too :byodame:

im not french they are smug colonialist bastards who ruined algeria and i loving hate their stupid country (but don't condone beating frenchmen (unless they are being really annoying (so really yes i am, all of them)))

you didn't read it, frenchie. it says that ~24% of gazans support hamas, ~12% islamic jihad, ~33% fatah, and around 5% the communist parties. not to mention that it was done by an independent group. also, you know,

Effectronica posted:

“We don’t have a real partnership with them. The Arab citizens’ goal is to destroy us. They don’t deny that they want to destroy us. Except for a small minority who is willing to live with us under certain agreements because of the economical benefits they receive, the vast majority of the Israeli Arabs would chose to exterminate us if they had the option to do so. Because of our power they can’t say this, so they keep quiet and concentrate in their daily life.

I think we should speak to the Israeli Arabs in the language they understand and admire – the language of force. If we act with strength on any crime they act, they will understand we show no forgiveness. Had we used this language from the start, they would have been more careful.

I am talking about strength that is based on justice. They should know that we will keep a just attitude towards them, but a tough one. You don’t kill or hurt people or deny their right to make a living just like that. In the villages that we rule, we need to grant them all the rights – infrastructure, and transportation and education… but they have to give things in return. If the teachers are inciting the students, we should close the schools and expel the teachers… we should keep their rights, but also ours.”

• Locked thread