Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Zen Punk posted:

The Brows Held High dude actually seems pretty smart and well-adjusted which makes me wonder how he can stand to keep the company he does. He was on two failed clones of TWTG.com and was moving to a third that never got off the ground before he went to their site. He's always been the only thing worth watching on whatever site he's on.

he addressed this in his melancholia review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j8Wuzlcclc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainButtSmack
Oct 21, 2008
I tried watching one of those DnD videos from Spoony...but a 2 hour video of him saying how much better he is than everyone else is just the worst. :colbert:

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

FreudianSlippers posted:

What makes cinematography empty?

when it's used as a stylistic crutch, or in attempts to conceal the banality of the performances by wrapping them in a thousand layers of visual (and acoustic) processing

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
i used to kinda like his videos, but then again i used to kinda like these forums, so i just have no taste in general

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
He was alright, but then I grew up and realized he was painfully unfunny.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I like the Flophouse. Elliot won't stop singing and you can so very nearly catch Dan sobbing.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
RLM is a good watch you star wars fanboy cunts.

And once AVGN realizes his movie sucks and goes back to review games, he will be watchable again.

CommonTerry
Dec 16, 2013

good is soda grape
I like that this thread very quickly shifted away from talking about the Nostalgia Critic.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*

CommonTerry posted:

I like that this thread very quickly shifted away from talking about the Nostalgia Critic.

Hey guys, remember when the thread was about the Nostalgia Critic? Didn't it seem great at the time? Well, in retrospect it sucks. Phpthphtbppt. My Amazon wishlist is below

CommonTerry
Dec 16, 2013

good is soda grape

Heartbroken 2Twice posted:

Hey guys, remember when the thread was about the Nostalgia Critic? Didn't it seem great at the time? Well, in retrospect it sucks. Phpthphtbppt. My Amazon wishlist is below

Not enough screaming and joke clips from old reviews.

Also, I just checked his site and noticed he just put up a review with Spoony, which means what Spoony was saying about leaving on his own volition and not being forced was true after all, lol.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

which one is the nostalgia chick, is that the one that looks like someone put a wig on a bowl of mashed potatoes?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Chum Scandal posted:

which one is the nostalgia chick, is that the one that looks like someone put a wig on a bowl of mashed potatoes?

no the nostalgia chick is the one that's incredibly attractive and well adjusted and great in the sack

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Robo Reagan posted:

no the nostalgia chick is the one that's incredibly attractive and well adjusted and great in the sack

No I'm not him.

CommonTerry
Dec 16, 2013

good is soda grape

Chum Scandal posted:

You could say that about all of the chicks affiliated with the site

(except the cute black one. was she cute? I don't even loving remember)

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CommonTerry posted:

You could say that about all of the chicks affiliated with the site

(except the cute black one. was she cute? I don't even loving remember)

all black people in to nerdy poo poo are incredibly buff/sexy it's sort of an inverse of white people

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Robo Reagan posted:

all black people in to nerdy poo poo are incredibly buff/sexy it's sort of an inverse of white people
this is because white people are subhuman mutants

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

quakster posted:

this is because white people are subhuman mutants

typically the rulers become inbred over a long enough period of time it's a sad fact throughout history

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I used to watch a lot of NC back in 2008 and then I saw that crazy longass review where there were tons and tons of internet reviewers there and it was scripted. AVGN was there and you could tell he was kind of embarrassed to be around all these other ACTUAL nerds

I think the only reason I still like AVGN is he seemed to grow up and adapt with his audience. Around the time all of us in the AVGN thread were like "monkey cheese poop jokes aren't funny anymore, cut that poo poo out James" was around the time he actually started to scale it back a lot. Looks like NC's still doing the same poo poo he did 6 years ago.

https://www.cinemassacre.com do yourself a favor, go here and click on stuff that isn't AVGN. There's lots to choose from

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

timp posted:

I used to watch a lot of NC back in 2008 and then I saw that crazy longass review where there were tons and tons of internet reviewers there and it was scripted. AVGN was there and you could tell he was kind of embarrassed to be around all these other ACTUAL nerds

I think the only reason I still like AVGN is he seemed to grow up and adapt with his audience. Around the time all of us in the AVGN thread were like "monkey cheese poop jokes aren't funny anymore, cut that poo poo out James" was around the time he actually started to scale it back a lot. Looks like NC's still doing the same poo poo he did 6 years ago.

https://www.cinemassacre.com do yourself a favor, go here and click on stuff that isn't AVGN. There's lots to choose from

I don't remember 'Board James' being incredible but eh, second chances. cheers

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

timp posted:

TOP 15 TRANSFORMERS MOMENTS, COMICS, AVGN: POWER GLOVE, AVGN: DESERT BUS

pass

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare
Linkara

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Robo Reagan posted:

TOP 15 TRANSFORMERS MOMENTS, COMICS, AVGN: POWER GLOVE, AVGN: DESERT BUS those are both AVGN

pass

Any and all of the Monster Madness videos, Location tours especially Rocky Jumped a Park Bench and the Ghostbusters one, Name that Tune, Lookin at Books, James and Mike Mondays

I mean yeah it's all centered around video games, movies, and TV, thought that'd be obvious......

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I only watch internet reviewers that review serious art films, get this transformers poo poo out of my face bro

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Didn't Linkara make his own comic at one point?

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

Pyrotoad posted:

Didn't Linkara make his own comic at one point?

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

timp posted:

I only watch internet reviewers that review serious art films, get this transformers poo poo out of my face bro

if u liked my webseries about how all godard films are actually in the same universe please like and subscribe!!!

CommonTerry
Dec 16, 2013

good is soda grape

And he had the gall to passive-aggressively poo poo on Sonichu

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

timp posted:

Any and all of the Monster Madness videos, Location tours especially Rocky Jumped a Park Bench and the Ghostbusters one, Name that Tune, Lookin at Books, James and Mike Mondays

I mean yeah it's all centered around video games, movies, and TV, thought that'd be obvious......

The monster madness videos are great and they're why I love Godzilla so much now.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Heartbroken 2Twice posted:

if u liked my webseries about how all godard films are actually in the same universe please like and subscribe!!!

the best are probably these YT channels that pop up in the recommended section and the title is always some like "Is Link dead in Majora's Mask?" or something like that and I think the channel is called Game Theorists and it sounds awful. like hmmm i'm going to do the equivalent of looking at cave paintings and use that as proof of ancient aliens except w/ video game characters

same with movies except I think they do the Everything Wrong With X in 8 minutes or whatever. not sure what the content of the vids is but the title and general premise alone is enough to make me not give a gently caress

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
cinema sins is loving terrible

CommonTerry
Dec 16, 2013

good is soda grape

Doctor Spaceman posted:

cinema sins is loving terrible

It's the movie review version of Internet Aristocrat or HowTheWorldWorks

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Robo Reagan posted:

the best are probably these YT channels that pop up in the recommended section and the title is always some like "Is Link dead in Majora's Mask?" or something like that and I think the channel is called Game Theorists and it sounds awful. like hmmm i'm going to do the equivalent of looking at cave paintings and use that as proof of ancient aliens except w/ video game characters

stick with people like ian bogost and jesse schell if you want "videogame theory". every single show like game theory and extra credits is written by clueless goobers for a mass audience of chin strokers

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
The youtube should only be used for Samuel Beckett plays and anime reviews.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I liked the nostalgia critic after I finished high school around 2005 because in high school I was a mega dork in the anime club and people having fake outrage fits was like really funny to us and the nostalgia critic made me feel like I never grew apart from that group of friends. Now I don't like the nostalgia critic because when I think about myself in high school I literally cringe like I'll be on the subway and then I'll remember myself from back then and I can't help but screw up my face like I'm about to sneeze.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

Robo Reagan posted:

same with movies except I think they do the Everything Wrong With X in 8 minutes or whatever. not sure what the content of the vids is but the title and general premise alone is enough to make me not give a gently caress

8 hosed Up Things About 'Birth of a Nation' You Never Noticed

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
10 Moments In 'The Brown Bunny' That Made Us Scream!

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

5 Reasons Why The World of 'Saló' Is Secretly Terrifying

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
avgn and spoony are okay

well, when noah isn't doing his histrionic thing and is just going for dry commentary

all of the others make me feel awkward sitting alone in my study watching them because they're that loving nerdy and unfunny

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

:eyepop: :cumpolice:

• Locked thread