Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
frankly he's alright if completely annoying and i don't know what you were expecting, some roeper poo poo? if you don't like his 'style' he has plenty of other 'tubers on his web portal, like... um...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

Cornwind Evil posted:

Pretty much. There's a certain wavelength you need to be on to get any enjoyment out of those kind of videos, and stuff like Kickassia was basically the dream team crossover stuff: it didn't really matter how lacking in quality the product was, because the enjoyment was seeing all the reviewers you liked in one place. Doug and co made two other such 'films', with the last one being about how he was going to retire the character and do new things. He then discovered the downside of the kind of fans on such a wavelength: they can't stand change and poo poo all over it, and so he had to bring it back.

Poor bastard. He's going to be stuck doing this until he snaps, I think.

the ultima videos he did were pretty great as far as I can tell, not having the time/inclination to watch an lp of them let alone play them, and even if he's a dick watching him be a dick to richard garriott in the interview was pretty awesome.

having said that, the doctor insano stuff drives me up the drat wall, similarly to most of the tgwtg stuff

e: just remembered a really uninteresting music video bit in the ultima videos, but beyond that they're alright

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

CommonTerry posted:

I like that this thread very quickly shifted away from talking about the Nostalgia Critic.

Hey guys, remember when the thread was about the Nostalgia Critic? Didn't it seem great at the time? Well, in retrospect it sucks. Phpthphtbppt. My Amazon wishlist is below

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

timp posted:

I used to watch a lot of NC back in 2008 and then I saw that crazy longass review where there were tons and tons of internet reviewers there and it was scripted. AVGN was there and you could tell he was kind of embarrassed to be around all these other ACTUAL nerds

I think the only reason I still like AVGN is he seemed to grow up and adapt with his audience. Around the time all of us in the AVGN thread were like "monkey cheese poop jokes aren't funny anymore, cut that poo poo out James" was around the time he actually started to scale it back a lot. Looks like NC's still doing the same poo poo he did 6 years ago.

https://www.cinemassacre.com do yourself a favor, go here and click on stuff that isn't AVGN. There's lots to choose from

I don't remember 'Board James' being incredible but eh, second chances. cheers

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

timp posted:

I only watch internet reviewers that review serious art films, get this transformers poo poo out of my face bro

if u liked my webseries about how all godard films are actually in the same universe please like and subscribe!!!

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

Robo Reagan posted:

the best are probably these YT channels that pop up in the recommended section and the title is always some like "Is Link dead in Majora's Mask?" or something like that and I think the channel is called Game Theorists and it sounds awful. like hmmm i'm going to do the equivalent of looking at cave paintings and use that as proof of ancient aliens except w/ video game characters

same with movies except I think they do the Everything Wrong With X in 8 minutes or whatever. not sure what the content of the vids is but the title and general premise alone is enough to make me not give a gently caress

8 hosed Up Things About 'Birth of a Nation' You Never Noticed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

5 Reasons Why The World of 'Saló' Is Secretly Terrifying

• Locked thread