Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gorefluff
Aug 19, 2004
cuddly minotaur
The Cinemassacre series on the old Godzilla movies is really good. I never had many video games as a kid so the nostalgia factor of his AVGN videos are lost on me, but I'm a huge Godzilla nerd and I still rewatch a few random videos of his on them if I have a few minutes to kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorefluff
Aug 19, 2004
cuddly minotaur

CaptainHollywood posted:

From what it seems - it's Mike who actually had a lot of the other systems and games. And put them in so his "nerd credibility" was raised.

That makes sense. It's why James is actually pretty personable and charismatic out of character. Some of his videos on making movies or reading letters from fans are really interesting and funny. Mike is annoying though. That voice. THAT VOICE.

Gorefluff
Aug 19, 2004
cuddly minotaur

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Yeah 2011, still no excuse

http://cinemassacre.com/2011/07/06/the-making-of-the-angry-video-game-nerd/

He writes the time codes from the DVD player into TextEdit on his Mac!!

Dude is recording 8 bit games to DVDs, he could use a USB video capture and just do it all at once

He better have a capture card now cause he's like a god drat old man using his MacBook as a platform for his typewriter

Well to be fair he'd be only saving one step by using a capture card (the step of physically moving the dvd from his recorder to his computer and copying the files to the hard drive), and if he's not inclined to move his computer into his gaming room and rewire his setup it's not that bad. He'd still be writing down the time stamp of moments he wants to talk about, because it would be far more time inefficient to play a game for 10 hours then watch the whole thing back in real time to find footage.

• Locked thread