Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

look at that loving picture

that is the face of a man who's literally is thinking holy loving poo poo I just walked the loving moon

what a badass motherfucker.

also this website is pretty neat: http://www.firstmenonthemoon.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

TheDead1 posted:

don't you mean walked on a movie set 45 years ago

no.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

butplug accident posted:

lol anyone could have done that. i dont get why people worship him instead of the aerospace engineers, the true heroes.

i dunno man, he literally hand flew it down to the ground with about 20 seconds of fuel remaining when the auto-pilot was about to set them in a field of house sized boulders

steely eyed missile man

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

How do we even know there's a real moon to begin with?

motherfucking lasers

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

This proves nothing other than that someone wrote some words on a wikipedia page. Have i ever tasted touched or smelt the moon? No. Have you? Doubtful. But oh yeah were supposed to believe that this white thing in the sky is really a big ball of space rock and that spacemen just walk around on it.

do you believe the earth is round y/n

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

It doesn't matter what i say to this really because you'll show me some wikipedia page or something again where a science man has written a bunch of words and ill just have to accept it as blind faith. Truthfully? I don't know I've not seen any real proof either way and it doesn't really affect my life what shape it is.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

redshirt posted:

Also, for the depressed people here, we could easily get back to the Moon if we wanted to. But.... Republicans. So we can't.

But that's a political reason, not a technological one. Also, besides "science", what is there for a man to accomplish on the Moon? I can't think of much that's practical

Mining, low-gravity construction/easier launches to other systems, stuff like that.

• Locked thread