Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

rusev matchka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Strawberry Panda posted:

Hipster dilemma: Stay at Pitchfork fest to watch Grimes and Hudson Mohawk or leave after Real Estate and catch Battleground when it starts?

hudson puts on a good show stick around and catch a replay of the ppv if its good

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It's ten loving dollars a month and if anyone can sit there and tell me that between stuff like Countdown, WrestleMania Rewind, a metric assload of VOD, and a PPV every month isn't good value for $10, well then I guess I just don't understand the value of a dollar. Like, people being frustrated with WWE's booking is totally understandable, but there's this undertone that the Network is a terrible ripoff or something, which is baffling to me.

Anyway, not super hyped for this PPV, but predicting Rollins/Ambrose alone will be worth my :10bux: and there's a bunch of other stuff that could be good too so let's do this!

the same reason you wouldn't buy a PPV if you weren't satisfied with the product?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yeah I guess my point is it's a difference of $35-$45 a month based on the traditional model and with the archives and everything it's a little disingenuous to suggest that spending ten bucks a month on the Network is the same thing as buying PPVs in the traditional model.

Voting with your wallet is totally cool, but I find it silly to act like WWE is bilking people out of money.

i want it to be a success too and i generally like WWE but nobody should feel obligated to reward mediocre booking because it doesn't encourage WWE to change anything. We have a specific thread for discussing this sort of thing so lets get back on topic and talk about what food people are eating and misspelling john cena's name (john sena)

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i like how hot the crowd initially is for Big Show knocking out Randy Orton before they just totally deflate and realize how the show is ending with him staring down brad loving maddox

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

real good use of network time hyping up Corey Graves

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

paging MRT to the live stream

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

StarkRavingMad posted:

So is both this and the Funkapocalypse happening on the pre-show?

thank god

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Pistol Packin Poet posted:

wait wasnt fandango in the battle royal?

i don't think he was going to win it

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

Fire that ref.

he's the only black ref we have left you cant fire him

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

if wade doesn't elbow the new champ as he presents the belt to them this entire angle is pointless

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i'm so happy we get another month of Naomi vs. Cameron

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

StarkRavingMad posted:

this but unironically

i know its hard to tell sometimes because i infrequently use punctuation and capital letters but i was 100% serious

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i actually like this music for them but it doesn't work with them slowly lumbering out to the ring

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Omally posted:

oh hey what does a black plaid handkerchief signal

he is a "top" who is into S&M

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

armoredgorilla posted:

If I was in a 2/3 and had the first pinfall, I'd bag the dude with a chair for the DQ, then get the 2nd pin.

daniel bryan tried this against sheamus and he lost anyway

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

that was highly implausible

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the usos move just a step too slow for some of the high flying stuff they do but they are a lot of fun and i like them

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

this is hell of good

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Matlock posted:

The first two falls were a total snooze but fall 3 has been a barnburner

welcome to 2/3 falls matches

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

someone kickout at 1 please

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

great loving match

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Cardboard Box posted:

luke harper just completely no-sold that superkick??? that was weird

the occasional no-sell is very cool and effective

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Cardboard Box posted:

that match was really good

I hope I never see it again

rybaxel and rhodes brothers gonna tear the roof off to kickoff the second hour

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i hate tom phillips

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

JAMIE NOBLE

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Omally posted:

let's cancel the best match on the card, okay, good, i'm in charge of the wwe and i'm smart

i guess you didn't see the opener?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Duelling chants in a Diva's match. What a world
both sides are taking turns chanting CM PUNK

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

lol that powerbomb

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i don't know if these two don't have chemistry or what

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

is this where kane lives or something

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Cardboard Box posted:

didn't Summerslam or some other PPV have the grindhouse theme last year?

every year they have this look for summerslam because its always in LA

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Suben posted:

I assumed they were going for "AJ and Paige do the frenemies thing until Paige snaps in frustration and beats the poo poo out of AJ making her full-on heel". It looked like it was going in that direction and that would've been the end of the match or at least afterwards but... I guess not.

They'll probably do it Monday.

Main Event

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

was Kane promoted or demoted to the position of THEDEMON from Director of Operations?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

AJ probably messed this up.

she didn't jump enough to take the move through the ropes

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Cardboard Box posted:

what does booker even have on those papers

it's how he keeps track of his fave five

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Shine posted:

I missed the beginning of her rant, what did she say about the plane?

nothing at all

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

It's happened...

Rowan is now a better wrestler than Rusev.

well actually Rowan lost TWO matches tonight and Rusev is undefeated so

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

THE FEUD MUST CONTINUE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Git Mah Belt Son posted:

First time in a while I've been okay with that. Zeb and Lana with microphones forever please.

yeah i would love another month of those segments but that finish is a great way to suck all the energy out of the crowd

• Locked thread