Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abandon
Nov 23, 2006

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Who the gently caress "roleplays" in a single player game?

All your interactions in the world are forced to be in character so why would you keep using lovely gear?

I don't consider using a sub-optimal gimmick skill build to be roleplaying, it's just doing what you think is interesting.

in skyrim you end up being able to improve any kind of armour to the armour cap and also jack up any weapon you want to be able to more or less 1-hit kill stuff. not even min-maxing or grinding, it just happens through reasonably playing the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Yet another reason Skyrim is absolutely fuckawesome.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Abandon posted:

in skyrim you end up being able to improve any kind of armour to the armour cap and also jack up any weapon you want to be able to more or less 1-hit kill stuff. not even min-maxing or grinding, it just happens through reasonably playing the game

Yeah but like I said that stuff seems more like just playing whatever you want.

I consider roleplaying more poo poo like "I'm an orc that only uses a club and rags and kills any human I see."

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Wheter you should bother with roleplaying in a game is directly relevant to the freedom in the game, the difficulty, and how interesting the setting/story actually is in the game.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
One time I roleplayed a bunch of dudes who were lazy as all gently caress in exile 3 so I basically slept for a full year before starting the game

Well spoilers there's an apocalypse that happens on its own schedule in exile 3 (aka not by any homo player comes here triggers) so when my lazy fuckers finally got off their collective asses the world was already hosed sideways by an immense boatload of monsters.

• Locked thread