Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Wow, who knew Sweden was so rapey???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Cat
Feb 26, 2013
Those movie clips are pretty loving cool. Don't buy the less-rapey shtick though. I saw a documentary on prostitutes from different countries and the India part was legit loving terrifying.

*edit - Yeah, Bangladesh, not India. "Whores' Glory".

Orange Cat fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jul 20, 2014

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Maoist Pussy posted:

Norway did. And maybe Denmark

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

My cousin went there as an ambassador. She liked it, but there were many US marines protecting her. She also thought Pakistan was a nice place.

ah yes the hanibal lecter principle 'the best way to stop a rapist is with another rapist'

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot
Every time I try to read this thread awfulapp crashes. Coincidence???

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

BUTT CONSPIRACY posted:

Every time I try to read this thread awfulapp crashes. Coincidence???

What the gently caress Lotax? Fix that poo poo you have nothing to do with!

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Maoist Pussy posted:

Well, Swedes have redefined rape to include: 1. Purposely touching without written consent. 2. Chatting to her friend instead of her. 3. Spillage.

Sweden is the tumblr of western europe.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Well, Swedes have redefined rape to include: 1. Purposely touching without written consent. 2. Chatting to her friend instead of her. 3. Spillage.

4. Regretting last night

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Cucking Mama posted:

I don't know who you're trying to upset

You don't understand little boy?

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
To be fair, regrettorape isn't exclusive to sweden.

Rape warrants issued from sweden should literally be dismissed in other countries.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yWW_je6djqQ&t=12

"Holi is paintball, basically, without the safety." :yayclod:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
I actually like India a lot, conceptually. I'd never visit.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

To be fair, regrettorape isn't exclusive to sweden.

Rape warrants issued from sweden should literally be dismissed in other countries.

So basically Julian Assange did nothing wrong?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I think the OP needs to compare random gang rapes to random gang rapes to be fair. And to adjust for under reporting before going on about how non-rapey India is.

The Human Crouton posted:

I've never known anybody who went to India who did not regret it.

I don't know anyone who hasn't been horribly sick the entire time of their visit.

brizna posted:

If you report rape, you get ostracized/shunned/raped. Rape is woefully underreported.

India truly is a shithole.

Also, India's GDP per capita was more than China's in 1990. Now it's 1/4th of China's. Good job you inefficient fucks.

Here is a fun fact: India has a higher percentage of people living under the poverty line than Ethiopia.

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Jul 21, 2014

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

66.5 per 100,000 in Sweden

Oh Sweden :mmmhmm:

Most of this is "rape" though, like when a woman catches you staring at her on the bus. She reports it to the Swedish Ministry of Feminism and the man is sentenced to forced anal sex with one of their new immigrant friends and mandatory women's studies classes.

Most Swedish myn are so used to this that they can easily take cock for a few hours.

Roy fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Jul 21, 2014

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

in sweden being male is considered to be rape

Kirk Johnson
May 25, 2014

by Ralp

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
Another good thing about India is how vibrant all the colours are you should see the weddings, wow!

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

My cousin went there as an ambassador. She liked it, but there were many US marines protecting her. She also thought Pakistan was a nice place.

Its great that your cousin decided to do this but just to play devils avocado for a second... given that she was statistically safer walking around alone in India than in say pretty much everywhere in the US would choosing to not have an armed guard perhaps have been a better message for an ambassador than one which reinforces her country's irrational fear?

Shirley Crabtree fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jul 21, 2014

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
you say something stupid in one thread and get told why it is stupid and then make a thread repeating the stupid idea you'd previously had

cool

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Neurosis posted:

you say something stupid in one thread and get told why it is stupid and then make a thread repeating the stupid idea you'd previously had

cool

I'm sorry to hear that you don't think people should have different opinions to yourself or the right to speak these freely and that you think its better if we all just blindly live in fear based upon news reports without checking the facts for ourselves.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
fun fact: marital rape is not a crime in india

also like 90% rapes go unreported
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/The+iceberg+of+rape/1/46911.html

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Drunk Nerds posted:

Question : when an Indian woman is raped by ten guys, then she goes to the police to report it and they rape her, does that count as two reported rapes or twelve orzero?

Follow up question: if one billion indian people gang rape two girls and then no one else gets raped that year, does that mean india only has a 2 in a billion reported rape rate, making it the lowest in the world?

it counts as zero because probably no one reported it, or the police department threw it out

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

setafd posted:

it counts as zero because probably no one reported it, or the police department threw it out

or the police department raped the person after they went to the police department to report a rape.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

I'm sorry to hear that you don't think people should have different opinions to yourself or the right to speak these freely and that you think its better if we all just blindly live in fear based upon news reports without checking the facts for ourselves.

i didn't say you can't post it i'm just clarifying the sequence of events behind your retarded belief rape is more prevalent in the US than india

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Neurosis posted:

i didn't say you can't post it i'm just clarifying the sequence of events behind your retarded belief rape is more prevalent in the US than india

Rape is bad wherever it happens, lets just clear that up first. With that said all statistical data does indeed point to that there are many more sexual assaults in the US than India. However, rape in India makes easy news which is why you keep hearing about it there and not elsewhere in the world its what they call a 'band wagon' which is pretty unfair on all the very good and peaceful Indian people out there who hate the negative impact it has had on perception of their great country. Lets tackle rape everywhere, of course, but lets not focus on a relatively safe country when our own pro lem is so severe. This is what's known as 'ignorance'.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

Roy fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jul 21, 2014

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I'm gonna disagree on the caste system thing. It's a piece of poo poo. Speaking as someone who has to work lovely hours in a lovely retail job to pay the bills while getting an engineering degree, Indians are some of the rudest fucks I have to deal with. Indians, the Chinese, and Sudanese (certain ones tho, some are p nice). Most are anuses. So yeah op ok sure the food is alright (IMO Nepali chefs make better Indian food from what I've had in Australia - a lot of the Indian chefs tend to westernise it and it tastes wrong) and apparently things are less rapey

But

Indian people from higher castes are absolute cunts to people who they see as below them. So yeah. India is a bit backwards m8

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

McSpergin posted:

I'm gonna disagree on the caste system thing. It's a piece of poo poo. Speaking as someone who has to work lovely hours in a lovely retail job to pay the bills while getting an engineering degree, Indians are some of the rudest fucks I have to deal with. Indians, the Chinese, and Sudanese (certain ones tho, some are p nice). Most are anuses. So yeah op ok sure the food is alright (IMO Nepali chefs make better Indian food from what I've had in Australia - a lot of the Indian chefs tend to westernise it and it tastes wrong) and apparently things are less rapey

But

Indian people from higher castes are absolute cunts to people who they see as below them. So yeah. India is a bit backwards m8

but you're white surely high caste indians dont see you as beneath them. where is the colonial legacy here???

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Orange Cat posted:

Those movie clips are pretty loving cool. Don't buy the less-rapey shtick though. I saw a documentary on prostitutes from different countries and the India part was legit loving terrifying.

*edit - Yeah, Bangladesh, not India. "Whores' Glory".

Bangladesh sucks, India sucks, Nepal is bitchin'.
I'll believe my lying eyes, OP. :colbert:

College Ruled
Apr 25, 2012

"It seems another associate has taken my friendly attitude as to insinuate desires that would exist outside the bounds of professional courtesy."

Courtesy of: 01001100 01001100 01001010 01001011 01010011 01101001 01001100 01101011
Somebody repost the defense of rape as a corrective tool for children post.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

College Ruled posted:

Somebody repost the defense of rape as a corrective tool for children post.

i remember a news article or story from india where a high caste rich dude said like 'you have not really experienced the land if you have not tried (raped) the dalit women :wiggle:'

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

why are you doing this OP

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIUQ5hbRHXk

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

this is accurate

College Ruled
Apr 25, 2012

"It seems another associate has taken my friendly attitude as to insinuate desires that would exist outside the bounds of professional courtesy."

Courtesy of: 01001100 01001100 01001010 01001011 01010011 01101001 01001100 01101011

icantfindaname posted:

i remember a news article or story from india where a high caste rich dude said like 'you have not really experienced the land if you have not tried (raped) the dalit women :wiggle:'

Lol

Do the US transplant indian women report rape? I work with a bunch and some of the fellas are super creepy around them.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The rape is p cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A woman on our Indian team told us she "has the tonsils" when she meant tonsillitis :3:

• Locked thread