Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, Mallett's a FA next year, so he could conceivably get enough of a contract to fetch a 5th or 6th round comp pick.

But that'd be for the 2016 draft, so they'd be much better off moving him now for whatever they can get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

If nothing else seems like the one bills jersey I should buy since Kiko broke himself.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

waah posted:

Aren't the Panthers also supposed to be high on that running back we took this year in the draft? Damned if I am looking him up.

As high as they were kenjon Barner.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

I know it's AJ McCarron and all and god forbid he ever actually plays but y'all are trippin if you think getting to say AJ to AJ wouldn't own

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

I know it's AJ McCarron and all and god forbid he ever actually plays but y'all are trippin if you think getting to say AJ to AJ wouldn't own

AJ Green will beat McCarron to death before that happens, screaming, "There can be only ONE!"

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Chargers put up banners denoting playoff appearances around Chargers Park.

Playoff appearances

It's pretty embarrassing

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Sure but McCarron is so bad that you would rarely get to say it.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
AJ McCarron is fine and will probably be an okayish backup for a long time.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The backup QB grass always looks greener when yours is Brandon Weeden

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

davecrazy posted:

When are the Jets going to stop training in bumfuck nowhere?

I *might* go to Giants camp tomorrow.
Cortland represent...

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Chilichimp posted:

AJ Green will beat McCarron to death before that happens, screaming, "There can be only ONE!"

is that would would happen huh

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Pron on VHS posted:

is that would would happen huh

Probably not, no.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

Atticus Finch posted:

Training Camp shirt

Gonna save that hideous shirt image for when the team is 3-13.

Are they letting Mike Brown's grandchildren design shirts? That looks like a bell-end.

Meanwhile, Gio :3

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Raiders CB DJ Hayden will be out all of TC after surgery repairing a stress fracture in his foot

One of these years he'll actually go to training camp

Raiders also cut LB Kevin Burnett

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jul 25, 2014

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Zypher posted:

I'm going to the Cowboys training camp today. I've never been to a camp before, so I don't know what exactly to expect, but I am starved for football.

How was it? I am thinking about making a trip down there myself to see some action.

e:

MourningView posted:

It's gonna be hella boring and not worth driving to Oxnard, just as a heads up.

Normally amazing advice for life in Cali; however, I'm in SB so it's like 30 minutes away, exactly as far as I'm willing to go to see any Cowboy

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

pigdog posted:

Are they letting Mike Brown's grandchildren design shirts? That looks like a bell-end.

Gio is the best Bengal.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

old dog child posted:

How was it? I am thinking about making a trip down there myself to see some action.

e:

Normally amazing advice for life in Cali; however, I'm in SB so it's like 30 minutes away, exactly as far as I'm willing to go to see any Cowboy

It's exactly what you'd think it is. I'm enjoying it, but I wouldn't begrudge someone for not liking it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Blitz7x posted:

Raiders CB DJ Hayden will be out all of TC after surgery repairing a stress fracture in his foot

I'm so glad the Raiders didn't take Desmond Trufant at 12. :toot:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
The Raiders are also probably going to have an Oline that is returning only one starter from last year (Center)

It's like TFFs wet dream

edit: New QB1, QB2, RB1, WR1

AW YEAH

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jul 25, 2014

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Blitz7x posted:

The Raiders are also probably going to have an Oline that is returning only one starter from last year (Center)

It's like TFFs wet dream
Gabe Jackson, ORotY, book it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sorry but Tom Savage already claimed that honor

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Jimmie Ward is the second coming of Paul Krause.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Miami is starting 5 new offensive linemen for the first 6 games, minimum.

L O L

We're going to have a great group of weapons that will operate like a shotgun blitz in intramural flag football

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Any chance Branden Oliver gets a roster spot, SA2K?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Tremendous Taste posted:

Any chance Branden Oliver gets a roster spot, SA2K?

He'll have to turn some heads. We don't really have a kick return option though, so that'll be his best bet

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx

DupaDupa posted:

Christian Jones is pushing to knock him out of his job, if a really bad projected roster by the ESPN beat writer is to be believed.

Tbqh I think Jones is the better prospect but I don't think Greene gets cut.

Also, that guy (Wright) has a really bad habit of being wrong and then writing like five columns insisting on what he said the first time. I remember before one season he kept using "Z receiver" to mean "slot receiver" and then insisting that when the Bears said they were putting Jeffery at Z that meant they were only going to play him in the slot. He's basically the only one right now who doesn't think Shea McClellin will be the starting SLB, or who thinks Bostic is going to end up at SLB rather than MLB, but he's reiterated that in like ten columns now.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

defiantgiant posted:

Also, that guy (Wright) has a really bad habit of being wrong and then writing like five columns insisting on what he said the first time. I remember before one season he kept using "Z receiver" to mean "slot receiver" and then insisting that when the Bears said they were putting Jeffery at Z that meant they were only going to play him in the slot. He's basically the only one right now who doesn't think Shea McClellin will be the starting SLB, or who thinks Bostic is going to end up at SLB rather than MLB, but he's reiterated that in like ten columns now.

I'm pretty sure Bostic is going to end up in Lance's spot when he retires. but yeah. the Bears Chicago ESPN beat writers are terrible.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

All is right with the world.

@ArmandoSalguero
First deep throw attempt by Ryan Tannehill to an open Mike Wallace ... Underthrown. Broken up Will Davis.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Quest For Glory II posted:

N: Jonathan Stewart pulled hamstring
V: the panthers offense

Jonathan Stewart really should not be playing football, cause his body just can't take it. Jesus loving Christ. (but like Fiz said, it's not like he was being counted on, and he didn't play in any meaningful capacity last year)

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ozu posted:

@ArmandoSalguero
First deep throw attempt by Ryan Tannehill to an open Mike Wallace ... Underthrown. Broken up Will Davis.

Did he honestly expect there to be another outcome to that set-up?

ozymandius1024 posted:

Jonathan Stewart really should not be playing football, cause his body just can't take it. Jesus loving Christ. (but like Fiz said, it's not like he was being counted on, and he didn't play in any meaningful capacity last year)

Isn't he among the top 5 highest paid RB's in the NFL right now?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Bigass Moth posted:

Some fan hung a sign that said "AJ to AJ the future is now" at Bengals camp.

News: Bengals fans are mostly dumbass rednecks.

Views: That is not really news.

pigdog posted:

Reminder: He spent a lot of the offseason building schools in Haiti.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Eifert Posting posted:

News: Bengals fans are mostly dumbass rednecks.

Views: That is not really news.

Reminder: He spent a lot of the offseason building schools in Haiti.

Can't squat though. Sorry about his MCLs.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Ozu posted:

@ArmandoSalguero

I look forward to another 8-8 season of unremarkable mediocrity, leavened by some lovely personal conduct.

Dr. Foom
Jul 5, 2007

I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Blitz7x posted:

Keith McGill is also on the PUP after injuring himself during the conditioning test. Death to all Raiders DBs.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Mark Berman @MarkBermanFox26
Andre Johnson reported to NRG Stadium this mornning.The Texans best player back w/ the team after missing all of the off season activitIes

:feelsgood:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I like how every major player that was reported as going to hold out has shown up with minimal fuss and instead Marshawn Lynch and Alex Boone are the guys holding out.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kalli posted:

I like how every major player that was reported as going to hold out has shown up with minimal fuss and instead Marshawn Lynch and Alex Boone are the guys holding out.
The world grows weary of the constant Niner/Hawks one-upping.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Ozu posted:

The world grows weary of the constant Niner/Hawks one-upping.

Does that mean the niners are going to go and win 2 super bowls?

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
Kyle Fuller has apparently been clowning on Jimmy Clausen and Jorden Palmer, but got burnt bad by Cris Williams on a go route.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

DupaDupa posted:

Kyle Fuller has apparently been clowning on Jimmy Clausen and Jorden Palmer, but got burnt bad by Cris Williams on a go route.

The Bears QB depth chart is apparently Cutler, Clausen, Palmer, and Fales. Ugh. Hope that changes during camp.

• Locked thread