Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

edit: wrong thread

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jul 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@DNewtonespn
Not sure, but that pass from Joe Webb appeared intended for RB Tyler Gaffney on crutches on the sideline. #Panthers

Joe :smith:

And Gaffney needs surgery for his knee injury, and is out for the season.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Chris James 2 posted:

@DNewtonespn
Not sure, but that pass from Joe Webb appeared intended for RB Tyler Gaffney on crutches on the sideline. #Panthers

Joe :smith:

And Gaffney needs surgery for his knee injury, and is out for the season.

I knew his last season at Stanford would break him :(

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Apparently the Titans are all saying Roll Tide to Zach Mettenberger like they're rabid Alabama fans, which will probably be the funniest thing to come out of the Titans camp this year. He got sucker punched by a Bama fan in a bar a while back.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

rip white runningback from stanford

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

Apparently the Titans are all saying Roll Tide to Zach Mettenberger like they're rabid Alabama fans, which will probably be the funniest thing to come out of the Titans camp this year. He got sucker punched by a Bama fan in a bar a while back.

Sounds hazing is alive and well. How long before they find Zach duct taped to the left upright?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

This makes me proud to be a fan

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

FizFashizzle posted:

I got to carolinahuddle so you don't have to.

A public service like no other.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Metapod posted:

This makes me proud to be a fan

Is there no love for the Vols in Tennessee?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
The one good thing about Hunter's injury is that with James' job suddenly safe it takes a lot of drama out of the returner duties. Patton looked good in receiver drills today but apparently had a tough time with punt returns. Ellington still hasn't started full practice with the team yet, sounds like that'll start tomorrow.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

zimbomonkey posted:

Is there no love for the Vols in Tennessee?

I have no idea. I am not for nor live in Tennessee but do like their NFL team

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
More owners should do this.

http://deadspin.com/jim-irsay-handing-out-100-bills-at-colts-training-camp-1611522181

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Chilichimp posted:

God that rookie 49er... :stare:

Yeah, this could work.

After the hit Tolbert put on Reid,Reid literally changed his tackling style.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Mike Brown does that, then smashes the reporter's camera and reclaims the bills.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Packers players are getting served Jello squares and granola bars during practice, which is the funniest thing ever.

How they forgot about the Capri Suns is a shame, though.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
What I'm really curious about is the orange slice situation

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

This is Wisconsin--they're in the Jello squares.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
No fruit exists outside of Jello in the upper midwest.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Today:

quote:

Mike O'Hara @MikeOHaraNFL

Nick Fairley tells Tim Twentyman that he (Fairley, not Tim) weighs 305. That's some 20 lighter than last year,.

2013:

quote:

Fairley reported to training camp around 20 pounds lighter than last season, according to Lions web site writer Tim Twentyman. Coach Jim Schwartz, meanwhile, referenced the reality television "Extreme Makeover" to describe the change.

Second time's the charm, I suppose.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Meanwhile, at Eagles camp:

Tim McManus @Tim_McManus · 48m
McCoy mixing it up with Trent Cole. Two went down to ground had to be separated.

Tim McManus @Tim_McManus · 47m
Big scrum caused by fight. McCoy actually jumped into cluster of players to go after Cole a second time.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

MourningView posted:

No fruit exists outside of Jello in the upper midwest.

is this really a thing

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
He has actually lost weight each off season since his rookie year but when you're starting off as a blimp it's kinda less impressive. But the dude is in way better shape than the last two years.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

is this really a thing

The Midwest is terribly gross and out of shape but I can go and get pretty good fruits. They're available, but people are dumb

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
For whatever it's worth after two days everyone says Brian Hoyer looks really good.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Jets' first round pick Calvin Pryor has a concussion. Jets' second round pick Jace Amaro has a minor knee injury.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@SteveReedAP
Former Panthers OL Travelle Wharton will announce his retirement Tuesday in Spartanburg. "It's time," Wharton. "I just had to admit it."
Wharton becomes the fourth Panthers offensive line to retire this offseason. Jordan Gross, Geoff Hangartner & Jeff Byers the others.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

is this really a thing

You tell me.

In other news Jordy Nelson has been looking incredibly good in training camp per Packers reporters and coaching staff.

Some of the funnier things that have happened is Nelson was lining up as a CB and Rodgers was lining up as an OLB. Why? I have no clue.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
Reports from day three of Bears camp are that Kyle Fuller and Pat O'Donnell look really good, and every new long snapper looks loving abysmal.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Bigass Moth posted:

For whatever it's worth after two days everyone says Brian Hoyer looks really good.

WR Greg Little is making circus catches in camp soooo

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

@SteveReedAP
Former Panthers OL Travelle Wharton will announce his retirement Tuesday in Spartanburg. "It's time," Wharton. "I just had to admit it."
Wharton becomes the fourth Panthers offensive line to retire this offseason. Jordan Gross, Geoff Hangartner & Jeff Byers the others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqqSa9n2ZQk

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jul 27, 2014

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
The Bengals were supposed to do Oklahoma Drills today, but they scrapped it. :(

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blitz7x posted:

WR Greg Little is making circus catches in camp soooo

He's also making circus drops.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Follow this account if you want to keep up to date on whether or not Laron Landry practiced today:

https://twitter.com/LandryPractice

(he did not)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

On the other side, their punt returners aren't retiring. They just can't catch for poo poo.

@jjones9 5m
And Barner drops a punt. And Brown can't figure out a high one from Nortman. This is a concern
Very high punt. Brown moves around under it--with wind coming in--and doesn't even attempt to stick a hand out. Bounces to his right

@josephperson 6m
Punt returners again looking very shaky. The wind isn't helping, but still.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

On the other side, their punt returners aren't retiring. They just can't catch for poo poo.

@jjones9 5m
And Barner drops a punt. And Brown can't figure out a high one from Nortman. This is a concern
Very high punt. Brown moves around under it--with wind coming in--and doesn't even attempt to stick a hand out. Bounces to his right

@josephperson 6m
Punt returners again looking very shaky. The wind isn't helping, but still.

I know they couldn't/didn't want to pay to retain Ted Ginn, but our special teams are going to be absolute garbage again without him this year.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Haha I actually had to Google what team Ted Ginn is on

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Blitz7x posted:

Haha I actually had to Google what team Ted Ginn is on

I feel like... cardinals?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

zimbomonkey posted:

I feel like... cardinals?

Apparently!

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I don't even understand why the Cardinals picked him up, given that they have a Patrick Peterson, but apparently he's off the return unit now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
LMJ just went down in 49ers' practice.

The gods are punishing their RB depth hubris.

• Locked thread